PDA

View Full Version : Need expert help. Hell, I'll take any help.

Glib1
May 6th, 2012, 11:35 PM
So, I'm pretty new to the design game. This project is one where I haven't gotten the result I was imagining. For the life of me, I can't seem to get "depth" in the background. I really wanted the main logo to fly off the surface. Any advice, tips, tricks, magical incantations, etc. would be much appreciated.:sigh:

nofx1994
May 7th, 2012, 12:43 AM
well for a beginner it is a very nicely done wall paper but in photoshop there is tons of ways to achieve depth but here is a quick example i did (note nothing fancy now lol) but what i did was did a shape and cut around your wording and messed around with some layer styles to get it to the illusion of a depth but here is the image and the psd file of what i did and good luck one more thing i would like to add when doing text you should consider doing the text lighter than the background it blends in making it harder to read and one great note i tell to anyone learning photoshop youtube is your best friend for finding out how to do something inside photoshop well good luck and have fun

8pecxstudios
May 7th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Wow Looks Great Bud Nice Work Glib1 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/220790-Glib1)

Excellent Nofx Very Helpful Thanks :happy:

Glib1
May 7th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks, sensei! I see instantly what you mean with the lightening of the text, though I think I will use the converse and darken the background. :cunning: But really, what you did there by making a sort of dark nebulous area within the spark effect is what gave it a lot of depth. Thanks a bunch!

Glib1
May 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks!

Glib1
May 7th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Taking NOFX's advice I gave text more contrast against the background. Hell, I'm almost happy with it :cheeky:55032

Glib1
May 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
This one took forever but I think I am finally happy with it (for about forty minutes, I am sure).55038

gor17981
May 7th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Looks great , personally i would make the text lighter, ,make it stand out more, love the intergration of the one into the blade too :)

nofx1994
May 7th, 2012, 10:25 PM
you are quite welcome Glib1 it is great to see people try what we do here and we actually encourage it. The satisfactions of finishing something and having the whole net see or use what you have made it a great feeling i think that is a big reason i build themes. I love when i see someone actually uses something i created it is like i have accomplished something and yeah some do it for net fame but i do it because i just love art i could careless about the fame of being a big theme builder i just like the be different lol, but have fun when the fun with whatever you make.

and i would have to agree with gor on that one with the blade to lighten the text just a wee bit to make it stand out that much more

Glib1
May 7th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. I think this one is better for visibility