PDA

View Full Version : AMD better than INTEL, and here is the proof :D

designfjotten
May 16th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Hi guy's :D was reading on my favorite IT news page today, and then i saw this, so i just had to share it with you, because it has been a friendly war of this here at VC the past time :D hehe lol

Well, here is the proof that AMD (The kings) ARE better then INTEL :D hehe have put the site in google translator, for you guy's so may be some spelling issues here, sorry for that :D lol

http://translate.google.no/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dinside.no%2F895658%2Fny-generasjon-apu-fra-amd-trinity&act=url

Let the war continue :D haha lol lmao

(if this is the wrong place for this post, can a admin be so kind to move it to the right one for me then, thanks in advance :) )

djparis1977
May 16th, 2012, 11:38 AM
this is for those that dont want to spend money on a GPU or need a mobile CPU-GPU ....it still doesnt even come close to the processing power of the Ivy Bridge or even the Sandybridge CPU by Intel.....AMD isnt even trying to compete they are going in a different direction trying to win a new genereation of customers ( the mobile generation) ... Intel still rules for performance.

designfjotten
May 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
this is for those that dont want to spend money on a GPU or need a mobile CPU-GPU ....it still doesnt even come close to the processing power of the Ivy Bridge or even the Sandybridge CPU by Intel.....AMD isnt even trying to compete they are going in a different direction trying to win a new genereation of customers ( the mobile generation) ... Intel still rules for performance.

Well bud, you talk about performance, so i'll give you this :D AMD still holds the World Record of overclocking :) so think you are a bit wrong :)

http://www.techwarelabs.com/amd-bulldozer-cpu-sets-overclocking-world-record-8-429ghz/
<a href="http://www.techwarelabs.com/amd-bulldozer-cpu-sets-overclocking-world-record-8-429ghz/" target="_blank">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZ8qLEL7TU&amp;feature=player_embedded
(http://www.techwarelabs.com/amd-bulldozer-cpu-sets-overclocking-world-record-8-429ghz/)

Big V
May 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM

Another brainwashed Intel worshipper lmao
If Intel is so great then why is AMD holding most of the records in the guinness book????
But their is one major record AMD will never try holding unlike Intel.
Intel has the record for robbing your wallet!!!lmaolmao
and one more reason to love AMD
http://geekadviser.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/amd-girls.jpg
:beautiful::no1::allgood:

Letícia®
May 16th, 2012, 12:45 PM

I agree with you "djparis1977":tu:

Azt3ck
May 16th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Intel is better, I use to have AMD as my main PC for gaming but after using the SandyBridge, man what a big difference. My cousin even went to Intel cause he saw the performance I was getting. He had a AMD 965 which are really good CPUs.
I had changed when I noticed my ASUS laptop which has a intel 720qm beat my desktop AMD 920. Thats when I upgraded and got the 2600K. the 920 was bottle necking my 6950 video card. Now my games load a lot faster and i get a higher FPS.
example: MW3 running at 5760x1080 (3 screen setup), 2600K, 6950 2gb video card, I get 107FPS on average w/ every detail up.
BF3 w/ a few details down I get 30-35FPS.
Not putting AMD down, If your on a budget then go AMD. But if your not and want best performance go Intel.

designfjotten
May 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
If Intel is so great then why is AMD holding most of the records in the guinness book????

This is so true Big V :D hehe lol think they are a little jealous now, have not seen any such INTEL babes before: D haha lol lmao:no1:

And btw, wen have intel ever hold a record :D

jkd
May 16th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I had to jump on this i am currently running a amd cpu (phenom x6 1090t) and i have to agree that intel has a faster cpu clock for clock. Yes amd has the world record for the fastest overclock on there bulldozer cpu...but if you where to over clock a amd cpu to 4ghz and a sandy bridge (i5 2500k) 4ghz It would blow the amd cpu away. It well actually still blow the amd cpu even if, the intel cpu didn't even over clock, and was set to it's default settings 2.8ghz the amd cpu would still struggle to keep up with it (and i am talking about the amd cpu overclocked at 4ghz or higher)

There is no discussion or dispute because this has already been debated and put to the test when bull-dozer came out, it didn't live up to the hype. Also it wasn't even powerful then there old generation of processor phenom x6. What people need understand is more cores doesn't mean faster cpu, it's good for people who convert movies that takes full use of the cores. The best thing is to do research on what they want see benchmarks on programs they well be using then decide which cpu /gpu to go with.

I can go on and on, but it has already been preached before many times with benchmark tests that show proof of what i am saying. Don't get it twisted i love amd, but they are no where near intel in performance, and i don't even have a intel cpu.

Edit:
I forgot to mention you would have to over clock your north bridge and south bridge on your mother board also your cpu to get the same performance of a sandy bridge cpu at it's default settings.

bigcyco1
May 16th, 2012, 04:11 PM
They are both great AMD and INTEL are awesome!The world record is not practical it's using liquid nitrogen which is not what the avg user uses so for me doesn't count.

designfjotten
May 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I had to jump on this i am currently running a amd cpu (phenom x6 1090t) and i have to agree that intel has a faster cpu clock for clock. Yes amd has the world record for the fastest overclock on there bulldozer cpu...but if you where to over clock a amd cpu to 4ghz and a sandy bridge (i5 2500k) 4ghz It would blow the amd cpu away. It well actually still blow the amd cpu even if, the intel cpu didn't even over clock, and was set to it's default settings 2.8ghz the amd cpu would still struggle to keep up with it (and i am talking about the amd cpu overclocked at 4ghz or higher)

There is no discussion or dispute because this has already been debated and put to the test when bull-dozer came out, it didn't live up to the hype. Also it wasn't even powerful then there old generation of processor phenom x6. What people need understand is more cores doesn't mean faster cpu, it's good for people who convert movies that takes full use of the cores. The best thing is to do research on what they want see benchmarks on programs they well be using then decide which cpu /gpu to go with.

I can go on and on, but it has already been preached before many times with benchmark tests that show proof of what i am saying. Don't get it twisted i love amd, but they are no where near intel in performance, and i don't even have a intel cpu.

Edit:
I forgot to mention you would have to over clock your north bridge and south bridge on your mother board also your cpu to get the same performance of a sandy bridge cpu at it's default settings.

Okay this was a real good answer bud, so i think i will sit my ass down, and bow for you, and your intell on this topic bud :) hehe lol, i realy now that Intel has some bad ass CPU's and the i7 is kickass but, i'm a AMD entusiast so have to push the intel fans buttons a bit, hehe lol :D

I got a AMD Phenom II x4 965 140w, on a ASUS M5A99X-EVO with DIGI+VRM EPU and TPU clocking myself, on stock clock thow 3,6 Ghz, but with auto-clock wen it hits 75% load or more, clocks to 3.9 Ghz for a bit more performance :)

gor17981
May 16th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I have the same cpu as you designfjotten, and i love it!! :cheeky: I run mine at 3.6ghz too, no real need to clock any higher than that i think.

designfjotten
May 16th, 2012, 07:38 PM
They are both great AMD and INTEL are awesome!The world record is not practical it's using liquid nitrogen which is not what the avg user uses so for me doesn't count.

I think they used helium here bud :D even more badass cooling :D hehe lollmao

designfjotten
May 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I have the same cpu as you designfjotten, and i love it!! :cheeky: I run mine at 3.6ghz too, no real need to clock any higher than that i think.

Yeah, thats a kickass CPU bro :D i love it too:love: dont realy need to overclock it, but i just had too try :cheeky: lol haha lmao

bigcyco1
May 16th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I think they used helium here bud :D even more badass cooling :D hehe lollmao is still not practical

designfjotten
May 16th, 2012, 07:46 PM
is still not practical

sure its not bud :) but it's still cool, i think it thow :D

jkd
May 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM
In all honesty go with what cpu works good for you. And for those who bash (ex:intel fanboys) i have one thing to say to them, if it wasn't for amd they would never get the low prices they are getting for there cpu. You would probably be paying 1000 for cpu alone if there was no amd so it's healthy to have some competition. It's to bad for us consumer that those two companies are the only ones to got to when purchasing a cpu, i wish we had more company' s making cpu imagine the great deal we would be getting.

Also regarding overclocking intel can push there cpu higher on air, i think......it was 4.8ghz for the sandybridge cpu.

gor17981
May 16th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah the main reason i went for AMD was price, and i hate change so i'l stick with AMD, never had any issues using anything by them. only downside is they run alot hotter than intel, like you say JKD, you can push intels higher on air, because they have more lee way in the thermal range. :)

razorsedge
May 16th, 2012, 09:33 PM
What yada yada, you know they say a picture says 1000 words lol

well here is one for u lol

what is that pic saying oh ya AMD Dragon whipping intels butt lmao

designfjotten
May 16th, 2012, 09:51 PM
What yada yada, you know they say a picture says 1000 words lol

well here is one for u lol

what is that pic saying oh ya AMD Dragon whipping intels butt lmao

hahaha lol lmao:no1: that was awsome bud :D :daman:

razorsedge
May 16th, 2012, 10:46 PM

lol big what do you think intel was doing when they had the record for the fastest chip lmao, that's how the companies do those tests lol

bigcyco1
May 16th, 2012, 11:08 PM
lol big what do you think intel was doing when they had the record for the fastest chip lmao, that's how the companies do those tests lolI am talking the avg user meaning air or watercooling bud

razorsedge
May 17th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I am talking the avg user meaning air or watercooling bud

what do u mean the average user dosen't everyone use liquid nitrogen I do lmao

8pecxstudios
May 17th, 2012, 01:27 AM
what do u mean the average user dosen't everyone use liquid nitrogen I do lmao

i use helium in my corsair H100 on my intel i7 2600k lmao

bigcyco1
May 18th, 2012, 06:22 PM
55344 55347 55345

designfjotten
May 18th, 2012, 08:00 PM
55344 55347 55345

Well thats one way to show it, but want to now who took this test thow :D because the result can be quit different on different setups you now :)

well here is another way of putting it: say you have $800.00 make me one Intel and one AMD, and i think that AMD wold take the crown :D

AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8150 $197.00
http://shop.amd.com/us/All/Detail/Processor/FD8150FRGUBOX

Intel I7-2600K $326
http://ark.intel.com/products/52214

So for the money, you got more from AMD than Intel :D haha lol

Just had to put this out here :D lollmao

Big V
May 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Regardless what the Intel fanboys all say here is the proof in stunning black and white

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/13/amd-gets-guiness-world-record-for-fastest-cpu-with-overclocked-o/

designfjotten
May 18th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Regardless what the Intel fanboys all say here is the proof in stunning black and white

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/13/amd-gets-guiness-world-record-for-fastest-cpu-with-overclocked-o/

haha, awsome post Big V :D

Eat that one INTEL FANS :D :D haha lmaolol

djparis1977
May 18th, 2012, 10:04 PM
http://geekadviser.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/amd-girls.jpg (http://geekadviser.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/amd-girls.jpg)
:beautiful::no1::allgood:

Intels Consumer price point fits the performance.......only thing AMD has on Intel is the overclocking record....Intel has sales records and performance out the box records.....you dont even have to overclock an Intel Chip because its already fast enough....AMD you need to squeeze every last bit of performance out of it just to get it even close to the core2 gen processors that intel put out not mention the newest gen (total AMD fail) the Bulldozer proved only to be a second rate chip.

bigcyco1
May 18th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Intels Consumer price point fits the performance.......only thing AMD has on Intel is the overclocking record....Intel has sales records and performance out the box records.....you dont even have to overclock an Intel Chip because its already fast enough....AMD you need to squeeze every last bit of performance out of it just to get it even close to the core2 gen processors that intel put out not mention the newest gen (total AMD fail) the Bulldozer proved only to be a second rate chip. Price vs performance better think again your living in a once upon a time story fairy tale FX 8150 gets walked over, trampled, and bulldozed into it's grave compared to the rest of those options.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5626/ivy-bridge-preview-core-i7-3770k/5

Nothing like the most power hungry processor being one of the slowest tested either lol 55357 55358 lmao

Big V
May 18th, 2012, 10:33 PM
More blah blah blah.
Show me the record where it say intel has the record for the fastest.
It just like racecars.
It's who takes the checkered flag home at the finsh.
Not everything in between.
Just like the colors of a checkered flag it black & white.
AMD the Champ

http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.10071486.5783/sticker,375x360.png

bigcyco1
May 18th, 2012, 11:02 PM
55361 55360 55382 55403 looks like the truth is out intel vs amd 55432 amd you been served. lmao

bigcyco1
May 18th, 2012, 11:22 PM
More blah blah blah.
Show me the record where it say intel has the record for the fastest.
It just like racecars.
It's who takes the checkered flag home at the finsh.
Not everything in between.
Just like the colors of a checkered flag it black & white.
AMD the Champ

http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.10071486.5783/sticker,375x360.png (http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.10071486.5783/sticker,375x360.png)

there....there... 55363 lmao

Big V
May 19th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Whatever you got to tell your self big but the trophy is still sitting in amd home office

bigcyco1
May 19th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Whatever you got to tell your self big but the trophy is still sitting in amd home office world trophy for overclocking bud it doesn't mean anything other than it able to oc better you do realize that i am sure besides i am just messing around bud poking fun at you ;):cool:

bigcyco1
May 19th, 2012, 01:49 AM
My issue is with bull crapper not the AMD Phenom II X4 series those are worthy of respect :Smile:

designfjotten
May 19th, 2012, 06:45 AM
My issue is with bull crapper not the AMD Phenom II X4 series those are worthy of respect :Smile:

Glad too see you are a fan of the CPU i am having in my build bud :Dlol

hehe :D i have too admit that the last series of CPU's from AMD was a little disappointing, but i think thay will get a good one again :D if AMD had used just as much money on there testing and research prosess and development of there CPU's i think thay would have gotten a better one, but thats just my mind playing triks on me maybe :D hehe lol

djparis1977
May 19th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Here is an AMD 6 core vs. Intel dual core and Intel wins ....the intel I3 2100 is $100 and the AMD 1090T are selling for around $150 ... the I5 2500k beats the 8 core bulldozer ....the I5 is $150 and the 8 core bulldozer is around $180 ....Whos robbing who.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/146?vs=289

ratboy
May 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Cool i always bought amd purely because the price of intel is so expensive , my new chip is an amd 965 could'nt quite afford a bulldozer cpu just yet but hopefully soon

designfjotten
May 19th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Here is an AMD 6 core vs. Intel dual core and Intel wins ....the intel I3 2100 is $100 and the AMD 1090T are selling for around $150 ... the I5 2500k beats the 8 core bulldozer ....the I5 is $150 and the 8 core bulldozer is around $180 ....Whos robbing who.

just have too ask, how can you compare a 6 core to a dulecore ( 2 cor prosessor) and say thats the same. and the rest u compering, are not in the same aria.. dont think you get the point here.. read the other post bud..

razorsedge
May 19th, 2012, 08:35 PM

Even though this AMD vs Intel stuff we do here on the site between us guys is really just for kicks and giggles as in we have guys that like intel and guys that like amd so we like to poke fun at each other to see what new jokes or pics we can come up with lol

That link you posted is just a computer generated showing of stats not anywhere near a true testing of benchmarks as no info was given at all for the specs of the computers the processors were in. No one has any clue one could have had 16 gigs of ram while the other had 2 one could have had a new radeon hd vid card with the other had some old nvidia one you have no idea. The only true benchmarks are taking the 2 processors and setting them up in 2 rigs as close as you can get with each other with the same vid and so forth then run the tests and there are tons and tons of links on the net with ppl that have run real benchmarks to show you.

bigcyco1
May 19th, 2012, 09:07 PM
It is as razor said a friendly fued in the end amd and intel both kick ass and we all know that i would say aside from bulldozer better known as bull crapper lmao amd is the way to go for someone on a tight budget that wants to game decently ;)

razorsedge
May 19th, 2012, 10:17 PM
It is as razor said a friendly fued in the end amd and intel both kick ass and we all know that i would say aside from bulldozer better known as bull crapper lmao amd is the way to go for someone on a tight budget that wants to game decently ;)

BigC man you need help eh you got all your stuff backwards here is a little pic to help remind you of what you really mean lol

bigcyco1
May 19th, 2012, 11:25 PM
No...no it's the other way around 55409 and the benchmarks i posted on page 4 prove it get your facts straight silly amd fanboy lmao

razorsedge
May 19th, 2012, 11:47 PM
No...no it's the other way around 55409 and the benchmarks i posted on page 4 prove it get your facts straight silly amd fanboy lmao

Looks to me like the little intel pac-man picked the wrong fight lmao

now u sure can't confuse urself on that one lmao

designfjotten
May 20th, 2012, 04:55 AM
haha :D the pic you guy's making are so wicked :D hehe lollmao:tu:

SirSlaughter
May 20th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Dude, I am sorry but from what I have seen (and used) As good as AMD has come Intel is always on top. AMD might have a Gem here and there But Intel always finds a way. It's like Samsung and Sony TV's. There will always be a tv that comes out that might be better but overall 9 out of the 10 TV's they release for that series will be top of the line. So I mean I don't get the flame war. You know what, I should totally bring Nvidia and ATI Graphics cards into this too. NVIDA RULZ! LULZ! Ok just kidding...don't hurt me.

designfjotten
May 20th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Dude, I am sorry but from what I have seen (and used) As good as AMD has come Intel is always on top. AMD might have a Gem here and there But Intel always finds a way. It's like Samsung and Sony TV's. There will always be a tv that comes out that might be better but overall 9 out of the 10 TV's they release for that series will be top of the line. So I mean I don't get the flame war. You know what, I should totally bring Nvidia and ATI Graphics cards into this too. NVIDA RULZ! LULZ! Ok just kidding...don't hurt me.

haha :D you wanna put Nvidia befor ATI? :D hahaha ATI has been the leading graphics prosessor to Nvidia came with the 975 GTX i think and that was for years bud :D
and think thay have made a new one now if i dont remember wrong :D here is a little sentence for you too read bud lol

Harnessing the incredible power of dual second-generation DirectX® 11-capable GPUs, the AMD Radeon HD™ 6990 is quite simply the fastest graphics card in the world.6

Take a look here bud :)
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6990/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6990-overview.aspx

and thats not even the fastes one thay got i think :D

Good comment btw bud, like that some new one's get in this friendly war too :D haha lol lmao:bouttime:

8pecxstudios
May 20th, 2012, 07:41 AM
haha :D you wanna put Nvidia befor ATI? :D hahaha ATI has been the leading graphics prosessor to Nvidia came with the 975 GTX i think and that was for years bud :D
and think thay have made a new one now if i dont remember wrong :D here is a little sentence for you too read bud lol

Harnessing the incredible power of dual second-generation DirectX® 11-capable GPUs, the AMD Radeon HD™ 6990 is quite simply the fastest graphics card in the world.6

Take a look here bud :)
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6990/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6990-overview.aspx

and thats not even the fastes one thay got i think :D

Good comment btw bud, like that some new one's get in this friendly war too :D haha lol lmao:bouttime:

lol ATi huh Nvidia has ruled the Gfx Card Industry lol Mars 2 just now been taken out from the fastest card lol GTX 690 Baby lmao

designfjotten
May 20th, 2012, 07:48 AM
lol ATi huh Nvidia has ruled the Gfx Card Industry lol Mars 2 just now been taken out from the fastest card lol GTX 690 Baby lmao

haha :D lets get the ATI VS NVIDIA war get starting :D hihi lol lmao yeah GTX 690 was it had that one wrong, my bad :D i now EVGA has some KICKASS graphics from Nvidia, seen that 690 killer thay made with watercooling and some other goodies :D but still the ATI kings still got the fastest GPU in the world :D

chew on this my friend :D
http://graphics-cards-review.toptenreviews.com/

8pecxstudios
May 20th, 2012, 09:51 AM
haha :D lets get the ATI VS NVIDIA war get starting :D hihi lol lmao yeah GTX 690 was it had that one wrong, my bad :D i now EVGA has some KICKASS graphics from Nvidia, seen that 690 killer thay made with watercooling and some other goodies :D but still the ATI kings still got the fastest GPU in the world :D

chew on this my friend :D
http://graphics-cards-review.toptenreviews.com/

lol i'm chewing but i can't eat dust lmao um you know that was march 2011 right where in 2012 and { http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/watch-live-streaming/ } this video will blow you mind and switch to the supreme Ruler Of Graphics Hail To The NVIDIA King Baby.

and this one lmao

Outdated By GTX690

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lr5VVNjrws&amp;feature=plcp

Big V
May 20th, 2012, 11:48 AM
neat card but i really would have liked to have seen it actually performing instead of the dude boring me to death for 13 minutes

bigcyco1
May 20th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I half to agree with big v on that i actually turned it off about 8 or 9 min into it to much talk it would of been nice if they spent half the time of the review doing some benchmarking :sigh: how much is that beast i bet it's allot of money

designfjotten
May 20th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I half to agree with big v on that i actually turned it off about 8 or 9 min into it to much talk it would of been nice if they spent half the time of the review doing some benchmarking :sigh: how much is that beast i bet it's allot of money

same here :D i bet like $1000 bucks or somthing :D haha its a killer i think :D

SirSlaughter
May 20th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Ah yes, The new 690...Oh man, I just wish these darned things didn't cost $1000+, I could maybe see them as a plausable purchase then. Same with the processor, If the i7 extreme lga2011 wasn't so darned much I would likely say screw usb 3.0 I want 8 INTEL CORES OF PURE AWESOMENESS! But dang, Why can't they make a nice processor like that for the current gen? Why no Overkill for LGA 1155? At least the AMD 8 core processor is maxed out around $200. So at least it's more affordable...Even if t can't hold a candle to the 4 core i7's hehehehe. Let the war continue!

razorsedge
May 20th, 2012, 09:19 PM

lol The flame war is all in fun we have intel lovers on the site and we have amd lovers we do this for jokes and kicks to have a good laugh lol

both companies have good products yes intel has the better high end stuff but just to throw a wrench into your monkey lol AMD is the one in the guiness book of world records with the fastest processor lol

SirSlaughter
May 20th, 2012, 09:42 PM
lol The flame war is all in fun we have intel lovers on the site and we have amd lovers we do this for jokes and kicks to have a good laugh lol

both companies have good products yes intel has the better high end stuff but just to throw a wrench into your monkey lol AMD is the one in the guiness book of world records with the fastest processor lol

Wasn't that with an asus MoBo running it at like I believe 7.8 GHz? I know it was an ungodly overclock.:shocked:

designfjotten
May 20th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Wasn't that with an asus MoBo running it at like I believe 7.8 GHz? I know it was an ungodly overclock.:shocked:

watch the video on page 1 bud, and it more like 8.429 ghz bud :D haha a killer rec if you ask me :D
and i think its a ASUS Rampage VI ROG or something, dont remember really :D

razorsedge
May 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM

ya it was a crazy clocking speed using liquid helium for cooling they really had that sucker cranked lol

Big V
May 20th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I don't think they gave what mobo it was but it appeared to be an asus from what i could see of it. And it was 8.429GHz