PDA

View Full Version : Help with win7 OEM pack.

SirSlaughter
May 23rd, 2012, 03:19 AM
k I ordered a windows 7 OS thinking it was a simple retail version because of the picture amazon showed and because some idiot at the bestbuy nearby told me to look for it online and get t for 100 bucks. So I did, But What I did not realize is that the OEM system Builders pack was actually a OS that would lock in the Info for your Comp and was intended for Companies that make Pre-built computers to sell. So when I opened the package it did not give me sufficient info telling me exactly hat this item was. So Now I look and read up and I need to download an OPK? Apparently this is a 2 gb system Image to pre-install into a HDD? And to download it I have to be registered with the microsoft partners program...I am royally [cencored]. Can anyone help me and give me more info as to what I have just brought upon myself? I am no company owner obviously and The CD case has been opened (thanks to insufficient Info on the Box) so I cannot return this crap and I was looking so forward to completing my computer in a week.

Please help. Anything would be appreciated.

Big V
May 23rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
I hate to tell you but your

lol

May 23rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
post a screenshot of the amazon product page. i find it very unlikely they didn't make it clear what you were buying.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006816&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&SrchInDesc=oem&Page=1&PageSize=20

SirSlaughter
May 23rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
actually After checking a few places and talking to a friend I managed to find a download for the pre installation software. So I got the ISO file for it, Now I just have to wait for my new parts and I can be set to go. So I guess you can call this a false alarm I suppose? But I thank you for the responses however....Helpful *Cough* Big V *cough* they were. :smile:

Big V
May 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
actually After checking a few places and talking to a friend I managed to find a download for the pre installation software. So I got the ISO file for it, Now I just have to wait for my new parts and I can be set to go. So I guess you can call this a false alarm I suppose? But I thank you for the responses however....Helpful *Cough* Big V *cough* they were. :smile:

lmao glad to help lmao