PDA

View Full Version : Too hot graphics card i think???

designfjotten
May 25th, 2012, 07:01 PM
guy's :) i got my new graphics card a few days ago, but i feel that the temp on it is so freekin high, my old card was on 30-32c and the new one is like 50c i dont get this at all :S
i have updated all the drivers for the card and stuff and it dittent get any better :( anyone els had this problem?
here is a print screen for ya :)

djparis1977
May 25th, 2012, 09:56 PM
50 is not hot at all they can handle that easy mine runs about 53 C idle and 70 C in game ....not to worry GPU avg that on stock air cool

chevy350
May 26th, 2012, 12:07 AM
I would enable Manual Fan control and set it to like 40-50%.....ATI default runs the fan rather slow and they usually don't ramp up much until around 70C. I set both of mine at 50% and ULPS disabled and idle around 35-38C between both cards.

8pecxstudios
May 26th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Are you Running Duel Monitors Because Most Cards idle 36-39 with single monitor & 44-53 with duel monitors aslo what ventilation have you got on your case eg Fans

aslo some card can got up to 90c on full load .

My asus Gtx 570 idles @ 33c duel monitor and in game with slight OC don't go past 52c tho i have really good case cooling & GPU Cooling.

the previous card the Palit Gtx560 2gb it was an inferno it idle at 60-67 then got up to 80-90 under load and was heating up my cpu and near overheating my system in the end the card was RMA found faulty in many ways lol so each card is different

thos idle temps are fine with duel screen :)

designfjotten
May 26th, 2012, 04:37 AM
50 is not hot at all they can handle that easy mine runs about 53 C idle and 70 C in game ....not to worry GPU avg that on stock air cool

I would enable Manual Fan control and set it to like 40-50%.....ATI default runs the fan rather slow and they usually don't ramp up much until around 70C. I set both of mine at 50% and ULPS disabled and idle around 35-38C between both cards.

Are you Running Duel Monitors Because Most Cards idle 36-39 with single monitor & 44-53 with duel monitors aslo what ventilation have you got on your case eg Fans

aslo some card can got up to 90c on full load .

My asus Gtx 570 idles @ 33c duel monitor and in game with slight OC don't go past 52c tho i have really good case cooling & GPU Cooling.

the previous card the Palit Gtx560 2gb it was an inferno it idle at 60-67 then got up to 80-90 under load and was heating up my cpu and near overheating my system in the end the card was RMA found faulty in many ways lol so each card is different

thos idle temps are fine with duel screen :)

Thanks for replying guy's :)

i just touhgt it was a bit hight cuz my other card was on 32c :) but that one had VF3000A aftermarket cooler then, maybe thats why :)
i run 3 monitors on my system, so i gess then its not too bad :)

Thanks for replying my friends :) have a geat one :)

bigcyco1
May 26th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Thanks for replying guy's :)

i just touhgt it was a bit hight cuz my other card was on 32c :) but that one had VF3000A aftermarket cooler then, maybe thats why :)
i run 3 monitors on my system, so i gess then its not too bad :)

Thanks for replying my friends :) have a geat one :) 3 monitors on one card i feel sorry for your card your abusing the poor thing what do you expect lmao if you run 3 monitors i say your temps are more than fine :tu:

designfjotten
May 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM
3 monitors on one card i feel sorry for your card your abusing the poor thing what do you expect lmao if you run 3 monitors i say your temps are more than fine :tu:

hehe, okai, i see your point bud :D hehe lol
i may be doing that, but if its not ment to have that meny screens, i dont see the point of having all the connectors on it lol hahahah
but i'll gonna make some screen profiles so i just use 2 in game and wen i dont watch any movies :)

i'm wondering if i shold put in my other card too thow, the old one, but it will look so weard, hehe, and do crossfire, but thats a R5770 card, do you now if thats possible? never done any crossfire setups

on the product page at ASUS it says that this car can support up too 6 screens :S and i cant see that happening really :D and think its a bit overkill really :D hehe lol

Master101Chief
May 26th, 2012, 12:24 PM
haha I wish my laptop would stay 50 degrees!
My cpu runs in idle at 80 and when my gpu kicks in it krans the temp of my cpu goes up to 100+.*I can't measure gpu temps*
and I did actualy made cooling rig for my laptop otherwise my laptop overheats.
so I don't think that 50 degrees is anything of a problem.

djparis1977
May 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Crossfire and SLI only work with like cards ....not identical but like cards .... gtx 560 evga and gtx 560 asus ....brands dont matter ( but is reccommended to use identical cards ...brands too) but card series does....you cannot sli a 560 with a 570 or 580

chevy350
May 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM
hehe, okai, i see your point bud :D hehe lol
i may be doing that, but if its not ment to have that meny screens, i dont see the point of having all the connectors on it lol hahahah
but i'll gonna make some screen profiles so i just use 2 in game and wen i dont watch any movies :)

i'm wondering if i shold put in my other card too thow, the old one, but it will look so weard, hehe, and do crossfire, but thats a R5770 card, do you now if thats possible? never done any crossfire setups

on the product page at ASUS it says that this car can support up too 6 screens :S and i cant see that happening really :D and think its a bit overkill really :D hehe lol

Crossfire needs the same series GPU 5xxx+5xxx or 6xxx+6xxx or if ur rich then 7xxx+7xxx to work lol...your gpu and memory speeds will clock to the lowest series card if you have like a 6970+6950 you get the 6950 clocks on both cards by default, not saying you can't run the lower series card to the higher ones speeds but stability and heat become issues then. But I've found with crossfire you really don't need to OC either of the cards to see major improvements ;)

designfjotten
May 26th, 2012, 07:21 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking my self that the best thing is to get a idetical card to crossfire with :) so i'll gess i go for a 7870 if i need to do crossfire :)

thaks for great reply's guy's :D i allways get the anwsers i need here :D its so awsome :D

bigcyco1
May 28th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Well if i was you i get a 7850 oc the hell out it and call it a day no need for crossfire lmao but to answer your question crossfire needs the same series GPU i would recommend if you already have a 7870 and you want to crosssfire get another 7870 although imo that's overkill my cousin has two msi 6870 in crossfire and can play all current games on high settings some he can even play on ultra settings ;):cool:

designfjotten
May 28th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Well if i was you i get a 7850 oc the hell out it and call it a day no need for crossfire lmao but to answer your question crossfire needs the same series GPU i would recommend if you already have a 7870 and you want to crosssfire get another 7870 although imo that's overkill my cousin has two msi 6870 in crossfire and can play all current games on high settings some he can even play on ultra settings ;):cool:

okai, hehe, then i think i go for your first advice and just set the fan settings on 30% or someting :D haha its a awsome card, plaing MW3 on max settings in full HD so i'm happy with that :D wow, your cousin has one killer machine bro :D give him to :tu::tu:from me :D