PDA

View Full Version : Theme building help? anyone :)

designfjotten
May 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM
i guy's, im working on a theme now, wow it takes some time thow :D hehe.. but what i was wondering is: is there any restrictions in pixels on how wide/tall the explorer frame, and startmenu frame can be? tryed to search here on the forum a bit, but diddent fine anything:) and yeah im a biiiigg newbe at this guy's so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Here is an realy early sneekpeek of what im doing in PS for ya :)

pats
May 28th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I`m not familiar enough with Style Builder to help but the preview look very nice !!!

:happy:

Harvey Sewdin
May 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM
There is a limit but that is something like 700px width of the startmenu, but i dont think you want to have a startmenu that big, but you can set your own height and width for the startmenu. Using the property DEFAULTPANESIZE. if you want 200 px in width and 300 in height the value for it should be [DEFAULTPANESIZE: 0, 0, 200, 300]. Got it, thats for height and width.

Content margin gives a gap between your background (like the programlist in startmenu) and the text in it (or picture, icon etc). The value for content margin would be: [left margin, right margin, top margin, bottom margin] like this: 10, 7, 30, 5 , that means the text will be aligned 10 px further from the left, 7 px further from the right, 30 from top and 5 from bottom. Got it, the innermargin

sizing margin, well... i hope you know :plastered:

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU, if you want to know more just ask ok bud

gor17981
May 28th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Harvey pretty much laid it down there in his comment mate, man that sneak peek is looking good, dammit, show us more lol

designfjotten
May 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM
There is a limit but that is something like 700px width of the startmenu, but i dont think you want to have a startmenu that big, but you can set your own height and width for the startmenu. Using the property DEFAULTPANESIZE. if you want 200 px in width and 300 in height the value for it should be [DEFAULTPANESIZE: 0, 0, 200, 300]. Got it, thats for height and width.

Content margin gives a gap between your background (like the programlist in startmenu) and the text in it (or picture, icon etc). The value for content margin would be: [left margin, right margin, top margin, bottom margin] like this: 10, 7, 30, 5 , that means the text will be aligned 10 px further from the left, 7 px further from the right, 30 from top and 5 from bottom. Got it, the innermargin

sizing margin, well... i hope you know :plastered:

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU, if you want to know more just ask ok bud

aha, thanx bud :) that helps alot, im currently doing the design in PS now, and dont think i will be trying the WSB before i get the design finished, but, its okay to now what my limits it, you now :) any chance you now something about the explorer frame too bro :D hihi thanx alot for you info btw bud :D

Harvey Sewdin
May 28th, 2012, 05:12 PM
aha, thanx bud :) that helps alot, im currently doing the design in PS now, and dont think i will be trying the WSB before i get the design finished, but, its okay to now what my limits it, you now :) any chance you now something about the explorer frame too bro :D hihi thanx alot for you info btw bud :D

um, explorer frame, well try to make the image as small as you can, cause the window can be stretched really small. So if the image is bigger, the details would be lost. and use no patterns for the DMW window frame, it cannot be tiled, it will be stretched automaticaly, :smile:

designfjotten
May 28th, 2012, 06:23 PM
um, explorer frame, well try to make the image as small as you can, cause the window can be stretched really small. So if the image is bigger, the details would be lost. and use no patterns for the DMW window frame, it cannot be tiled, it will be stretched automaticaly, :smile:

okai, thanks :) then i'll go for no patterns on the explorer frame :)