PDA

View Full Version : Corsair Carbide 500R

Noxialis
June 14th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Hey guys.

I'm in the very early stages of building a new computer (aka I haven't raised funds yet lol), and I've been eyeing up Corsair's Carbide 500R case.
I'm having trouble deciding if the air intake on the side is awesome, or ruins the airflow entirely, however, so I'd like to hear from someone who knows a bit about this stuff, maybe someone with personal experience with this case.
Now, I'm planning on keeping it air cooled, but I'd still like the cooling to be somewhat efficient, which is why I'm curious.

Any advice? Or maybe an alternative case I need to consider that I've overlooked?

8pecxstudios
June 14th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Looks Gd Bud Just Watch This Video Below on It Nice Case I Would If You Can Afford It Put In A Corsair H100 Closed Circuit Water Cooler Tho A Nice Air cooler Is Just As Good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1ehrOYMziIY

Sounds Like Fun Any Idea On What Your Hardware Setups Is Going To Be ( AMD\Intel\Nvidia )

Noxialis
June 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Despite the risk of being shot at nightfall, I have to admit that I am an Intel/Nvidia kind of guy, for my next comp it'll probably be i7 3770k and gtx670. Other than that, I tend to sway towards Corsair where possible, although that depends on alternative options as well.

Thanks for the link to that video, by the way. After having watched it, I'm fairly sure that's the case I'll be going for, unless something even more awesome shows up.

June 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM
i've never known any case with a side intake fan to have any problem. so you should be fine.

AnUfFsTuFf
June 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM
56036560335603456035I'm running the 400r... runs great.. running 2 120mm fans instead of a 200mm..I'll up some pics here shortly give you a better view of one running.
AnUfF

bigporl
June 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Should be ok with the side fans i have haf x an have no problems although might do you some benchmarks if you like to with fan on an off to see if it matters

Noxialis
June 15th, 2012, 07:19 AM
AnUfFsTuFf
Pretty good looking rig you've got there :)

bigporl
If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to see a couple of benchmarks. HAF X is a case I've been reading rave reviews about as well.

8pecxstudios
June 15th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Noxialis This Is My Case I Have ATM Very Awesome Case By The Way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REdAlkiJfrA&feature=player_detailpage

ganji
June 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
ello folks
my 2 cents ;)
i have the corsair carbide 500r and couldnt be happier with it. the airflow and cooling in this case are great. even with the stock fans its quiet enough to not be noticed.
case temp never goes over 30c
if u do end up gettin the 500r you should be happy with it :D

AnUfFsTuFf
June 15th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Thank you Noxialis.... the case temp runs 25 c- to 31 c depinding on what im doing.. thats also with fans at 1/2 power...lil noisy with 12 fans running full power

Noxialis
June 15th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Toadyshadow101
Ouh, that one's pretty sweet as well.

ganji
30 degrees is pretty damn respectable. My current comp is running well over 50 degrees, haha. Though in my defense, it's pretty damn old. That's also why it's about time to build a new one :)

AnUfFsTuFf
To be perfectly honest, if 12 fans at full speed made no noise at all, I'd be a tad worried ;) Noise isn't a huge factor for me. I'm not too difficult in that area. As long as it's not as loud as my comp with a 1000w enermax galaxy PSU was. That thing sounded like a bloody jet taking off no matter if it was idling or not :|