PDA

View Full Version : ?

KingKellz
June 21st, 2012, 06:43 AM
ok so just from reading threw this, is it a good idea to play with a few things at once instead of trying to jump into every thing head first? and what is a good simple (safe)place for me to start and work my way up?

gor17981
June 21st, 2012, 08:51 AM
My opinion would be start from the taskbar, you can find the images for that here,

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBar > Aero > TaskBar > BackgroundBottom , = section 1 of image below,
Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand > BackgroundBottom, = section 2 of image below,
Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Horizontal > TrayNotify > Background, = section 3 of image below,
Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBar > Aero > Show Desktop Button > Button, = section 4 of image below,

You will noticed that most images are signifigantly smaller than they appear in a theme,

Take section 2 of that image for example, you can use the Sizing parameters to Stretch or Tile the image, Tiling is better for images with patterns, Stertch is better if there is no pattern.

As you can see in this picture, the Sizing Parameter is set to Tile, and the Sizing margin is set to 0, 0, 33, 2, (Left, Right, Top, Bottom)

If you change the left and right numbers, to say 10, 10, 33, 2 for example, then the first 10 pixels on left and right of the image would not be tiled (or stretched).

Hope this helps some.

Theme i used for this example is M-Class by Mr Grim.

I should of used one fo mine, but this one was close at hand, and what im using at the minute. ..But feel free to open up one of my themes and mess about.

KingKellz
June 21st, 2012, 12:51 PM
thanks so i need windows style buiilder before i can do any thing lol and im using M-class theme atm

gor17981
June 21st, 2012, 01:12 PM
yeah you need windows style builder.

KingKellz
June 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM
is windows XP PRO SP3 VistaVG black and blue a good one?