PDA

View Full Version : Icons for multiple users?

Mordax
June 25th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I am a guy, so I am complicated. My wife is simplistic. Our computer is torn. I love customizing our pc for fun and giggles and she hates it. So I downloaded and installed the Blade theme from Mr. Grim, thanks again!!! Everything seems to change on my wifes account though. I have had issues with the explorer frame so I used some of Kishen's work from Door2Windows and it just overrides the system too. Is there a way to install icon packs, explorer frames, etc for different users so each theme is seperate. Maybe even if there is a way that the actual theme uses different icons. Any help is appreciated.:Smile:

gor17981
June 25th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I dont think that can be done, you could however dual boot windows 7, you both have an OS each that way :Smile:

June 25th, 2012, 08:05 PM
in 7 you can setup separate accounts that will not bleed into the other at all. i think this started with vista. i just did a search and i'm not having much luck finding out to to go about it.

Mordax
June 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah I tried looking too and there does not seem to be a way to do it. I am almost done with with my customization, but it changes everything on the wife's profile too. Thanks for the help anyways.:Smile:

Big V
June 26th, 2012, 07:48 PM
If you have a large hard drive id suggest partitioning it in two and do a dual boot have her os on one partition and yours on the other.
I use to do this when my kids were smaller and visted on their weekends with dad. I had mine setup with 3 partitions on a 500gb drive
a 100gb for my OS and 100gb for the kids thats plenty of room to add apps and have some private storage also. Then the 3rd partition was just simple storage with no OS on it. This way me or the kids could both share that space for movies, music, pics, whatever

gor17981
June 26th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Came across this video tutorial for dual booting, this tut is for vista and 7, but it still applies to dual booting two versions of 7 :)

LbczKOrNWxw

Mordax
June 26th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the vid:Smile:
Unfortunately I already have the whole drive partitioned as one. I never even thought of all of this changing stuff. I would be fine if it were simple to change the theme and it change the default folders and icons in the library. Alas it cannot. So, I think that I will just leave it the way that it is. the wife can just deal with it... I hope:Fright:
I appreciate the effort. Maybe someday there will be a program to either switch drives in windows, or be able to have a the windows file different between each user.
THANKS AGAIN!!!!

June 26th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately I already have the whole drive partitioned as one.
So why you don't just shrink partition?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ue4u2mSLAo

I suggest you to defragment first and then shrink.

gor17981
June 26th, 2012, 10:11 PM
+1 for 351837's suggestion,

utUvkgKAtKU