PDA

View Full Version : Defualt

Benjamin Boo!
July 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM
Is there anyway I can get the default windows 7 everything back I can't get rid of the custom icons and custom stuff in windows and it won't let me get rid of the 7tsp icons and I don't know how to get anything back to default everything. I can't even find my things i backed up too.

glassyeyed
July 1st, 2012, 09:08 PM
Benjamin Boo if I understand correctly you have tried removing the icon pack using the method below - Restore > Restore modified system files to before 7tsp was used.

The default Icons can also be restored by opening a command prompt > run as administrator, then typing sfc/scannow in the window

After the scan completes restart the computer and the sfc/scannow command may have to be run up to 3 times fix all of the files.

The custom theme folders can be deleted from C: Windows > Resources > themes (be sure not to delete any default themes).

8pecxstudios
July 1st, 2012, 11:08 PM
Start PC In Safe Mode With Command Prompt Make Sure Its Ran As Administrator And Type

SFC /SCANNOW & Hit Enter

Wait For It To Finish

And Your System With Be Back To Default

Note You Will Have To Patch Your System Again To Enable 3rd Party Themes.

Big V
July 2nd, 2012, 02:30 AM
After you run the sfc /scannow command you may still have some leftover icons stored in the cache i would suggest you clear your cache also http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/34968-Clearing-Windows-Icon-Caches

Benjamin Boo!
July 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
Deleting the explorer is that safe? I remember doing that before and had to reinstall windows.. or I'm just paranoid lol

razorsedge
July 2nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Deleting the explorer is that safe? I remember doing that before and had to reinstall windows.. or I'm just paranoid lol

Deleting explorer is not safe lol if u delete explorer you cant boot into windows u will get to the boot up screen but not to your desktop as thats what explorer is so no don't delete that lol

Big V
July 3rd, 2012, 12:06 AM
Boo at the bottom of the first post i linked you to is a small .bat file i uploaded a few weeks ago that will delete your icon cache if that is what your trying to do. It worked perfectly for me.