PDA

View Full Version : Blade

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr GRiM
December 17th, 2010, 03:56 PM

Features:

Allot of hard work went into this theme and some never before seen tricks involving a fully transparent start menu with a proper drop shadow and full transparent Aero Peak, I tried out some really new ideas for the caption buttons as well and also figured out how to make them better on the basic style as well, I was using the basic style yesterday and I forgot for a while that it was Basic lol so that a good thing.

The taskbar had some nice new ideas as well and I tried to make some things in the theme look almost animated in their transition from inactive to active states, I also did that to the start button which I think worked very effectively.

I also made a complete new set of Icons for the theme and Media Player skin with better white text thanks to gsw953 (http://virtualcustoms.net/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=30159) for figuring out how to change it :smile:

I would also like to mention that there are 4 styles, 2 with user picture frame in the start menu and 2 without, and both have a basic theme and an Aero theme, all of the themes are installed using the theme installer exe and it's all done with just a few clicks and the theme is automatically applied upon completion, you can then select what version of the theme to run in the personalization menu after that.

All of the other extras including WMP, Blade Icons and any other modified system files are installed with the 7tsp extras pack using 7tsp found http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/32258-7tsp-Blade-Icon-Pack

For a Tutorial on how to use 7tsp have a look http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37746-How-to-apply-a-7tsp-pack-video-tutorial

There are many other great things I would like to add but there are too many to mention lol

Theme Includes:

:bulletgreen: Blade Theme
:bulletgreen: Blade Basic Theme
:bulletgreen: Blade 2 Theme
:bulletgreen: Blade 2 Basic Theme
:bulletgreen: Wallpaper Self-Aware by *submicron http://submicron.deviantart.com/gallery ... 4#/d2zqre3 (http://submicron.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d2zqre3)
:bulletgreen: Logon Screen Ultraparallel Quasar Blue by *submicron http://submicron.deviantart.com/gallery ... 8#/d2tpo3t (http://submicron.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d2tpo3t)
:bulletgreen: Blade Icons
:bulletgreen: System Clock
:bulletgreen: MAX Glass Cursors
:bulletgreen: Blade Sound Scheme (Thanks to Razorsedge (http://virtualcustoms.net/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=313) for helping with the sounds)
:bulletgreen: ieframe (IE8) Skin/Mod
:bulletgreen: System Properties Logo/Orb
:bulletgreen: Getting Started top Pane
:bulletgreen: Games Menu Preview Pane
:bulletgreen: New WEI index images with square borders
:bulletgreen: wmploc (Windows Media Player) Skin/Mod
:bulletgreen: New Fonts Eurostile, DS-Digital
:bulletgreen: Theme Resource Changer
:bulletgreen: Blade Desktop Gadgets
:bulletgreen: Blade ObjectDock and Blade RocketDock
:bulletgreen: And much more!!

Download all of the themes and extras from my Mediafire Folder
http://www.mediafire.com/?15xg5xl78afb3(Mediafire Fixed)

Mirror

Desktop Extras

Download Icons as Ico or PNG without installer

When using the 7tsp installer with the theme extras it will not replace any system files, it will only add the modifications to your existing files and at the same time make backups of your files, so if you do have some mods already it should not effect those, unless one of the mods you have is one of the things listed above.

Theme Installs and the Theme Pack Extras were tested on my x86 VM and my main x64 Windows 7 Ultimate machine and both installed without any problems.

If you install the 7tsp theme extras and find you have lost your sound or if you are using a Creative Sound Card you will need to use Restore on 7tsp and then remove the pack from 7tsp, then open the 7-zip archive and in the resource folder you will see shell32.dll.res, you need to delete that file and then repack the theme pack using 7-Zip again, then load it into 7tsp again and reinstall it.

For some reason Creative sound cards do not like any changes to the shell32.dll and there is no way to get around that, the only thing that you will miss out on will be a few icons and the copy delete animation mod, nothing major and you will still have a great experience without them.

Very Important!!!

You must enable the use of custom themes by patching your system with Universal Theme Patcher.

Universal Theme Patcher
http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/896-Theme-Patchers

bgjerlow designs
December 17th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Great work Mark, some sweet details on this one :)

gor17981
December 17th, 2010, 04:09 PM
This is a stunning theme. Thanks for sharing.

:cool:

Big V
December 17th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Mark I absolutely love the theme bud great work as always

razorsedge
December 17th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Beauty work bud right from your first screen you showed me I was already in awe of ur magic yet again you rasied the bar my friend just amazing work bud truley great :happy:

Mr GRiM
December 17th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys, I had allot of fun making this one and I shall be using it for some time :)

quaz1957
December 17th, 2010, 05:22 PM
mr.g [Mark] - excellent !! brilliant !! exceptional !! superb !! - i'm a great admire of your work - it's been a while since your last great theme release and this current work is no exception as usual - if anything, this may be your best yet to date - i think, you really out-did yourself on this one and all the extra effort's you invested in the theme.extra's - it's an admirable and humongous effort to say the least - i imagine, that you recognize that this is a "premium.theme" - however, you chose to release it to eveyone - that is most gracious of you - at current, this may be the most sought after theme ever due to the it's qualities, complexities, authenticities, genuinalities, and modernsicities - of the many themes i've viewed over the years worldwide - your at the very top of true masters - thank you for the oportunity and your kindness in allowing everyone including myself to have the honor and privilege to apply your awesome themes on our personal machines and especially this one with all it genuine fixin's - kudo's and congrat's !!

ps: " thank you for creating this theme for 7tsp - 7tsp is one of your great customization tools - right up there with "custopack" - again, many Thank's !!"

December 17th, 2010, 05:23 PM
WOW!!!!

This is truly fantastic. I'll definitely be giving this a spin. thanks a lot

kissanti34
December 17th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Wonderful theme,nice work! Thanks! :laughing:

Elmo56
December 17th, 2010, 05:46 PM
There are a lot of great themers out there....but your the best i think...thanks mate for sharing your themes and other things.
This theme is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! If this were the only theme i had i would be happy!

razorsedge
December 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I gotta hop on here one more time bud lol

Beautyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy baby just beauty lol

cloud7
December 17th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Nice. I like it. Keep up the good work.

Kasjopaja
December 17th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Hi.
So i installed that theme. Just Crazy^. Here a Eyefinity Screenshot. Yeeaahhh....

http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php?img=70920f-1292612691.png&size=thumb (http://www.bilder-space.de/bilder/70920f-1292612691.png)

Dave Senior
December 17th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Nice work Mark, new techniques, great details, looks just as good in basic mode, thanks very much.

:cool:

stevehyph
December 17th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Awesome theme, thanks for sharing this! :D

HaCkthEplAneT
December 17th, 2010, 07:21 PM
excellent job Mr. Grim....truly a stunning theme...well done!!

Nerrevar
December 17th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Truly amazing theme Mr Grim!
I just installed it (replacing your anihilator theme) and im already in love with it!! :greedy:

3chiflones
December 17th, 2010, 09:15 PM
wow..now I'm goona be the envy of my friends after using this terrific theme....you're the best Mr.Grimm! (and still undefetead)

robyroby
December 17th, 2010, 09:20 PM
awesome theme thanks :happy:

SRV
December 17th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Dude..I installed in n it works great (changed every aspect) but the timedate.cpl seems missing.Could you provide that?

jkd
December 18th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I just got a chance to use theme and all i got to say is wow :shocked: amazing, masterpiece. Microsoft should hire you to make the windows 8 when it comes out, and i am not even joking serious you have talent. If i owned one of the big 3 company i would hire you in a heart beat.

Venom0642
December 18th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Wow got to say this MRGRiM you have out done yourself with this theme Excellent Theme very good looking and if it was red i think would look even better but blue is your color Great Job My Friend!

ArtemisFowlXX
December 18th, 2010, 02:42 AM
WOW THIS THEME IS AWESOME!

Thank you soo much for this theme :D It looks very nice. :money:

lahercoll
December 18th, 2010, 02:46 AM
excellent theme wooo....nice work teacher thank you :smug: :cool:

KiiboodoOni
December 18th, 2010, 03:06 AM
:amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:
Freaking sweet azz theme 5*s here great extras and even better gadgets really great work

picasso21
December 18th, 2010, 05:03 AM
the best theme ,thank you Mr GRiM :smile:

STON3BALLS
December 18th, 2010, 07:47 AM
WOW! is all I can say about this theme. You are a truly talented artist Grim!

For some reason or another my Windows Explorer icon just will not change, so if it wouldn't be too much to ask for the icon in .png or .ico fromat so that I may change it manually.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mr GRiM
December 18th, 2010, 08:18 AM
STON3BALLS » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:47 pm
WOW! is all I can say about this theme. You are a truly talented artist Grim!

For some reason or another my Windows Explorer icon just will not change, so if it wouldn't be too much to ask for the icon in .png or .ico fromat so that I may change it manually.

Thanks in advance!!!

Here you go bud, you should to try unpin it and then close explorer and then pin it again

STON3BALLS
December 18th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I was just getting ready to edit my post. I used restorator to extract from within the .res file, but thanks anyway. And again what an amazing theme!

Chimaira
December 18th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Great work Mr Grim
Thank you for the lovely Christmas gift :cheeky:
This theme looks so nice ....

SRV
December 18th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Somehow my timedate.cpl didn't get changed after I applied the pack.Can you provide it separately so I will just go ahead n do it manually? :fright:

Mr GRiM
December 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Did you install extras pack with 7tsp?

kalleken
December 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM
wow super theme!!! can you also made dockicons for tuneup,firefox and so on? sorry for my english i am german :S

SRV
December 18th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Mr GRiM » Today, 5:07 pm
Did you install extras pack with 7tsp?

xxrazor » Today, 5:16 pm
If you haven't got it yet, you need to go here and download
http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=2018

Then load .zip into 7tsp, you should be right from there.

cheer
xxrazor :cheeky:

Yeah thanks both of you sorted it out.Had first thought the 7tsp Extra pack was for just the icons n had left it out since I am still smitten by the Full Glass blue icon set.Anyway installed the pack since the timedate.cpl n wmp background were left unchanged.

:gun:

Thanks for the help.

mauam
December 18th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Wonderful theme Mark, no doubt you're the theme master of all fu*king net. :smile:

JoseyWales
December 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
i didn't work for me but i asume it's because im running win7 sp1..

098mnb
December 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM
awesome very nice job thank you!!

VannMann
December 18th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Very nice theme Mark, you guys sure have come a long way with your talents. Truly you are a pro. Nice job bro!!

Dwarven24
December 18th, 2010, 06:06 PM
thanks a lot
great theme
awesome job

lieth60
December 18th, 2010, 06:56 PM
thank you

serschik
December 18th, 2010, 10:30 PM
:gun: :gun: :gun: It's fantastic, wonderful theme, thanks a lot for your work!!! XD :loving:

-Scoobydoo^
December 18th, 2010, 10:47 PM
fantastic looking theme,cant wait to try out,i have the Annihilator and that is some great work. :cheeky:

so i cant wait what this looks like,thankyou for all your hard work.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
December 18th, 2010, 11:51 PM
and for you Mr.Grim
please see that my contribution
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=6104&start=15 (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=6104&start=15)
This also applies to you what I wrote here
I would just like to add
it's just unbelievable what you two have shown
and I think that if you had to fight among themselves
so it not won none of you
because the two have nothing to show the world
and I am always very happy when I see some of yours work
I spoke to one experienced animators
works for Microsoft
and when I showed him yours work
could not believe it
how you can create something like this
but especially for all people
especially totally free
other companies such as WindowBlinds or themeplus or mythemes and many more
you can only envy
mainly because you're doing it out of joy for us
you are at it alone and do not take the money
and their subjects worked the whole group of people 100+more
awful I like that yours windows theme
especially so because I see all the work here that is hidden behind it
+1 i love black and blue combination is best for me
very very easy install and more others
icons,sounds,font........more,more
Hats off to your job
and for you too

P.s:Thank you for a nice gift under the Christmas tree
this theme

and sorry for my eng language

I forgot to tell you the main idea
You Mr.Grim and Razorsedge move your windows theme to a new GENERATION

neeraj_jalutharia
December 19th, 2010, 03:33 AM
i can't download Blade theme...don't know why....but everytime i click on Download button it redirect to Mediafire....and there it shows this list..
and in this list which file to download as a theme...bcoz first file is of icons....

and one more thing i want 7tsp file bcoz i wanna install everything extra with this theme....so plzzz help me..!

Mr GRiM
December 19th, 2010, 03:47 AM
neeraj_jalutharia » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:33 pm
i can't download Blade theme...don't know why....but everytime i click on Download button it redirect to Mediafire....and there it shows this list..
and in this list which file to download as a theme...bcoz first file is of icons....

and one more thing i want 7tsp file bcoz i wanna install everything extra with this theme....so plzzz help me..!

All the icons and extras are in the 7tsp pack and the themes are in the Blade Theme Pack, the ones that are 15.22MB

myk_pet
December 19th, 2010, 04:38 AM
I always admire your work grimmer.. you are one of a kind..very skillful, very creative and the details of your themes are very beautiful! astonishing mate! you are still the undefeated!..no doubt! :smug:

cosmic
December 19th, 2010, 05:08 AM
I must say wow! :D Fantastic work as always. :D Thank you soo much for sharing.
peace! :happy:

neeraj_jalutharia
December 19th, 2010, 06:20 AM
myk_pet » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 am
I always admire your work grimmer.. you are one of a kind..very skillful, very creative and the details of your themes are very beautiful! astonishing mate! you are still the undefeated!..no doubt! :smug:

thanx for the help ...and the theme is just oustanding.. :happy:

Mr GRiM
December 19th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments, I am very happy you are all enjoying your Christmas gift :smile:

WeXoDuS
December 19th, 2010, 12:19 PM
The only truly great theme you made, Mr. Grim. I think about this king. Will be a request is. Please note that this theme would like to red. Get a Christmas present. Thank you again for everything.

:gun: lol :party2: :gun:

gsw953
December 19th, 2010, 04:07 PM
The screenshots look amazing but I have to say this theme looks even more stunning once installed!! I'm using both versions,the glass one on my main install and the basic on VitualBox.Great job

Elmo56
December 19th, 2010, 10:36 PM
The only way you could improve on this is to be able to make it so you can change colors on the fly....that would be the cootigraa!

G0THIC
December 19th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I installing only BladeThemePackx64-v10.exe 15.22 MB file. Is creates a problem ? .d

-Scoobydoo^
December 20th, 2010, 12:35 AM
hi i think there is a bug in your theme,my mouse wheel dont move the scroll bar when viewing any of my hard drives.

ex http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq14 ... /Films.jpg (http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/A-K-A-Scooby/Films.jpg)

normally when in drives,i could use the mouse wheel to scroll through,now i cant.

any help please.

Mr GRiM
December 20th, 2010, 03:45 AM
That's not a problem with the theme it's the view you are using, look at your scroll bar, it's on the bottom, change your view so it's on the side.

Super Jesus
December 20th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Awesome looking theme, your skills amaze me.
One question though do I need 7stp to install this, because I just have theme resource changer right now.
Update: Installed and it looks amazing, but I now have more space available on my harddrive....is that weird?

Mr GRiM
December 20th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Super Jesus » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:36 pm
Awesome looking theme, your skills amaze me.
One question though do I need 7stp to install this, because I just have theme resource changer right now.

Only for the extras like the icons and media player skin and other system files.

-Scoobydoo^
December 20th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Mr GRiM » Today, 4:45 am

-Scoobydoo^ » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:35 am
hi i think there is a bug in your theme,my mouse wheel dont move the scroll bar when viewing any of my hard drives.

ex http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq14 ... /Films.jpg (http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/A-K-A-Scooby/Films.jpg)

normally when in drives,i could use the mouse wheel to scroll through,now i cant.

any help please.

That's not a problem with the theme it's the view you are using, look at your scroll bar, it's on the bottom, change your view so it's on the side.

i know this is not a windows default 7 theme but i have other pc using the default with the view list so the scroll bar is at the bottom as shown in pic and i can use the mouse wheel to scroll.
its strange how your theme doesnt allow you to do this.other than this the theme is really fantastic.

i wish you a merry xmas,and good health.

parisianplayboy
December 20th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Wowwwwwwwww Amazing Thank's for this THEMES Mr.GRIM

Thank'a again and Mry Xmas....TO ALLL member's of VIRTUAL CUSTOMS

regards...

December 20th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Hello!
Literally everything works
one word - beautiful!
Thank you

P.S it is not important but sorry - no gadget Blade WMP

CsqU4r3d
December 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM
WOW!!! This theme leaves me at a loss for words....I hope my $50 will help in some some small way...merry xmas and thanx for this phenomenal theme...oh I love the black smilies too!! :shocked: :laughing: :loving:

Mr GRiM
December 20th, 2010, 11:41 PM
-Scoobydoo^ » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:56 am

any help please.

i know this is not a windows default 7 theme but i have other pc using the default with the view list so the scroll bar is at the bottom as shown in pic and i can use the mouse wheel to scroll.
its strange how your theme doesnt allow you to do this.other than this the theme is really fantastic.

I have tried it on Default Aero and my Blade theme and it's exactly the same in that view, the vertical scroll doesn't work because the page lay out is for Horizontal Scroll which does work for me because I have Horizontal scroll on my mouse, There is definitely nothing being changed by using Blade and I really don't see how it would be possible to effect such a change.

Mr GRiM
December 20th, 2010, 11:43 PM
0228 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 am
Hello!
Literally everything works
one word - beautiful!
Thank you

P.S it is not important but sorry - no gadget Blade WMP

The Gadgets I did were just mods of other gadgets, if you have a nice media player gadget you want me to mod let me know and I will have a go.

Mr GRiM
December 20th, 2010, 11:50 PM
CsqU4r3d » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 am
WOW!!! This theme leaves me at a loss for words....I hope my $50 will help in some some small way...merry xmas and thanx for this phenomenal theme...oh I love the black smilies too!! :shocked: :laughing: :loving:
Thanks so much for the nice comments and the very kind donation, Merry Christmas to you too :smile:

BestialWolf
December 21st, 2010, 12:57 AM
Thank You very much...Mark :smile:
For sharing best ever theme....You are the Man :gun:

bigcyco1
December 21st, 2010, 01:39 AM
congrats mark on holding your title ;) but all bullshit aside you truly are the master and this is a great vs :smile: thanks for this one :party2:

-Scoobydoo^
December 21st, 2010, 02:29 AM
Mr GRiM » Today, 12:41 am

-Scoobydoo^ » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:56 am

any help please.

I have tried it on Default Aero and my Blade theme and it's exactly the same in that view, the vertical scroll doesn't work because the page lay out is for Horizontal Scroll which does work for me because I have Horizontal scroll on my mouse, There is definitely nothing being changed by using Blade and I really don't see how it would be possible to effect such a change.

never mind.i suppose everybody is different with the way they use there rig,vertical bar works with mouse wheel i know.

thanks for replay.

vander89
December 21st, 2010, 12:43 PM
OMG!!! THIS IS THE BEST THEME I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS MATE!!! THANK YOU!!! :cool:

aPollO2k7
December 21st, 2010, 07:27 PM
hey guys,

i have installed the theme on my win7 x64. it looks like....WOW :loving:

But the Icons like on the screenshots with e.g. the dark folders dont't work. is x64 the problem? or can i use it with 64bit, too?

Sorry for the question, i am a newbie in using custom themes and styles

Hellcat
December 21st, 2010, 08:50 PM
:flirt: formidable job, Mark :party2:

Mr GRiM
December 22nd, 2010, 02:29 AM
aPollO2k7 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:27 am
hey guys,

i have installed the theme on my win7 x64. it looks like....WOW :loving:

But the Icons like on the screenshots with e.g. the dark folders dont't work. is x64 the problem? or can i use it with 64bit, too?

Sorry for the question, i am a newbie in using custom themes and styles

You need to use 7tsp to install the 7tsp Blade extras pack for the icons and extras, all the info and links are in the main description ;)

Pauliewog
December 22nd, 2010, 02:53 AM
Great theme like always Mark! :burns:

smokey
December 22nd, 2010, 04:10 AM
wow, this is the most amazing theme iv seen yet, from anyone on any site.

i love every single aspect of this theme, thanks so much. i for see me using this theme for a LOOONG time.

that is until you out do yourself again! :)

god damn i love these icons lol

Red05e1
December 22nd, 2010, 12:54 PM
Ok ok ok...Seriously Mr. Grimm... YOU REALLY ARE THE MASTER!!!!!!...I might have had some doubt...maybe, but after i installed blade I am positive you are the best, the rest should just retire. WOW!!! This should be a "premium - pay-for" theme. I'd but it for even 15 dollars. Nice work. :greedy: :amazed: :happy: :greedy:

gor17981
December 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
I agree with the post above this one, i'v been using the theme since released and it is spectacular, i love the soundscheme too.

Phenomenal work Mr Grim.

Mr GRiM
December 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks guys, you know if you would still like to help out there is a donate button on the bottom of the page lol

jayarte
December 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Fantastic theme and yes it would have been my choice as a winner, but all the entries were good. Very creative work, well done to everyone ^^

Flava0ne
December 23rd, 2010, 12:53 AM
Another totally awesome theme, Mr GRiM!!! :cool:

FrankWhiteFFM
December 23rd, 2010, 01:19 AM
Hi Guys, a question I´m new, what do i need to install all Files?

maximuss98
December 23rd, 2010, 07:00 AM
An amazing work of art,MrGrim !! 5 Stars !! But i still cant get the programs/games/performance pane at the bottom..Can u tell me how? Im still new on how 2 apply the theme and everything.. ><

Flava0ne
December 23rd, 2010, 11:36 PM
Mr GRiM, is there any way that I can change the logon screen? I tried using 7tsp and Tweaks.com's Logon Changer to do so but I'm not able to still change the logon screen. :crying:

Also, which program does the GPUObserver Desktop Gadget use to detect GPU temperature? Because my GPU temp shows up as 0 degrees all the time.

Anyways, Mery Christmas and Happy New Year!!! :happy:

attaw
December 24th, 2010, 02:48 AM
thank you so much sir for the awesome theme

scoopeeedoo
December 24th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Wow! Amazing suite!!!
Voting now, Good Luck Buddy!!!

Edit : Oops, too late for vote... :ashamed:
Anyway you win... Congrats for this deserved award!

Cheers!

-Scoobydoo^
December 24th, 2010, 09:32 PM
first i would like to say Congratulations for winning with this theme.

second i have a question about changing 2 font locations,which am having trouble with,i dont know if this can be done but would appreciate the help if it can.

when testing with wsb it applies the color change in the left,after saving it,it goes back to default.
for the right hand side this never changes,can these be done via wsb.

very sorry if this as been asked before,and i have spent the best part of 3 days reading forums post here trying to get these changed.

wishing all a merry xmas and a brilliant new year.

nextelhalo
December 26th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Hey Mr. Grim, great them, it's replaced my old themes on both machines and i could not be happier.
One question though, how do you change the log on screen? I wanted to switch it back to the one
used in the Concept theme but nothing I've tried will work. I've tried the 7tsp Theme patcher along
with Log on Studio but nothing yet. Any help would be sweet and thank you again for the kick ass
theme. This theme matches my Antec 900 case so well. :laughing:

Nextelhalo

Mr GRiM
December 26th, 2010, 08:22 AM
nextelhalo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm
Hey Mr. Grim, great them, it's replaced my old themes on both machines and i could not be happier.
One question though, how do you change the log on screen? I wanted to switch it back to the one
used in the Concept theme but nothing I've tried will work. I've tried the 7tsp Theme patcher along
with Log on Studio but nothing yet. Any help would be sweet and thank you again for the kick ass

Nextelhalo

Both of those make changes to the imageres.dll where as the one I did for blade just makes a new folder here C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds, you can just delete that folder and it will then use the images from the imageres.dll or you can use this program to change the images in that folder which I prefer to use anyway. http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_ ... d_changer/ (http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_logon_background_changer/)

Mr GRiM
December 26th, 2010, 08:28 AM
-Scoobydoo^ » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 am

second i have a question about changing 2 font locations,which am having trouble with,i dont know if this can be done but would appreciate the help if it can.

when testing with wsb it applies the color change in the left,after saving it,it goes back to default.

very sorry if this as been asked before,and i have spent the best part of 3 days reading forums post here trying to get these changed.

Hi the navigation Pane text is in the UIFILE in the shellstyle.dll in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Blade\shell\NormalColor, you can either edit the text color in that or replace it with another one from another theme, it is also what does the details pane animation though so if you use another one you will probably loose that animation or have a different one o the one I use.

The context menu colour is in:

Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpItem > Normal
Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpItem > Hot

Flava0ne
December 26th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Mr GRiM » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:22 am
nextelhalo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Nextelhalo

Both of those make changes to the imageres.dll where as the one I did for blade just makes a new folder here C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds, you can just delete that folder and it will then use the images from the imageres.dll or you can use this program to change the images in that folder which I prefer to use anyway. http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_logon_background_changer/

Cool, thanks for the info regarding the logon screen and happy holiday's! :happy:

Also, which program does the GPUObserver Desktop Gadget use to detect GPU temperature? Because my GPU temp shows up as 0 degrees all the time.

nextelhalo
December 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
No, thank you sir for the great work and the help. That' s fixed me up nice and easy.
Happy holidays man, I hope you got what you wanted for X-Mas!! :cheeky:

-Scoobydoo^
December 26th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Mr GRiM » Today, 9:28 am
-Scoobydoo^ » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 am

Hi the navigation Pane text is in the UIFILE in the shellstyle.dll in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Blade\shell\NormalColor, you can either edit the text color in that or replace it with another one from another theme, it is also what does the details pane animation though so if you use another one you will probably loose that animation or have a different one o the one I use.

The context menu colour is in:

Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpItem > Normal
Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpItem > Hot

thankyou very much.i will give this a try.

yes that worked thankyou again mr grim

Mr GRiM
December 27th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Flava0ne » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:35 am (http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/viewtopic.php?p=27992#p27992) wrote:

Mr GRiM » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:22 am (http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/viewtopic.php?p=27980#p27980) wrote:

nextelhalo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm (http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/viewtopic.php?p=27972#p27972) wrote:Hey Mr. Grim, great them, it's replaced my old themes on both machines and i could not be happier.
theme. This theme matches my Antec 900 case so well. http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/images/smilies/Laughing.png (http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/images/smilies/Laughing.png)

Nextelhalo

Both of those make changes to the imageres.dll where as the one I did for blade just makes a new folder here C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds, you can just delete that folder and it will then use the images from the imageres.dll or you can use this program to change the images in that folder which I prefer to use anyway. http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_ ... d_changer/ (http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_logon_background_changer/)

Cool, thanks for the info regarding the logon screen and happy holiday's! http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/images/smilies/Happy.png (http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/images/smilies/Happy.png)

It could be that your GPU doesn't have the censors needed to read the temps.

mor55
December 28th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Thank you very much

I need help. change file folders
"Can not understand the instructions. Sorry for my English"

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6803/52851798.png

-Scoobydoo^
December 29th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Thank you very much

I need help. change file folders
"Can not understand the instructions. Sorry for my English"

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6803/52851798.png

first you will need a great program called 7tsp which you will get here http://www.xptsp.com/fixit/7tsp.php

download and install,it will ask you also to download a program called Reshacker

open up 7tsp and follow 7tsp steps.jpeg

hope this helps.

mor55
December 30th, 2010, 08:40 AM
now It's good :cheeky: thank you

Laraan
December 30th, 2010, 05:05 PM
:laughing: Danke sehr / THX :cool:

snake666
January 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks for this

Devonshire
January 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
how to change the start button?

strychnine8301
January 2nd, 2011, 05:51 AM
This is by far the coolest theme i have seen. You did a great job on this, I love it and use it everyday. Thanks so much for sharing it.

strychnine8301
January 2nd, 2011, 06:07 AM

To change the start button you will need to delete or move the one in the theme folder. To do this go to C:/Windows/Resources/Themes/Blade/Explorer.exe This is where the start button for the theme is located. You can either delete the Explorer.exe folder or move it somewhere else. Hope this helps you...

Devonshire
January 2nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
strychnine8301 » Today, 7:07 am
Devonshire » Yesterday, 8:21 pm

To change the start button you will need to delete or move the one in the theme folder. To do this go to C:/Windows/Resources/Themes/Blade/Explorer.exe This is where the start button for the theme is located. You can either delete the Explorer.exe folder or move it somewhere else. Hope this helps you...
thank you so much :icon_cheesygrin:
however this is a wonderful theme

Meself
January 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hello

I'm wondering how do I install the objectdock plus skin? Also does it work with objectdock plus 1.90?

When I run the application I get a window asking me to extract the files, but I don't know where so I extract them to my desktop, then I've tried to package them into a .dockzip but whenever I try my whole computer freezes.

TheBurntAngel
January 2nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Meself » Today, 3:18 pm
Hello

I'm wondering how do I install the objectdock plus skin? Also does it work with objectdock plus 1.90?

When I run the application I get a window asking me to extract the files, but I don't know where so I extract them to my desktop, then I've tried to package them into a .dockzip but whenever I try my whole computer freezes.
I'm wondering the exact same thing, can anyone help me/us?

Mr GRiM
January 2nd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Sorry about that, I did try to make a simple installer for them but didn't test them and found out they don't work lol, just extract them to the desktop and Make a folder called Blade and then put them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\ObjectDockPlus2\Backgrounds, it should work on any Objectdock version I think.

BRLang
January 3rd, 2011, 06:40 AM
I'm new here but i wanted to say amazing work on this!

Meself
January 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Thank you for the response Mr GRiM, will try right now.

Just a quick semi-related question: Do you know if the options that doesn't work for 64-bit version of win7 in 1.9 works in 2.0? Because that would be great even though it would mean I'm going to free.

EDIT: The skin works perfectly and is beautiful, many thanks!

freshman
January 3rd, 2011, 11:06 AM
mooi themas ik dank

dibbie
January 3rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
this theme looks great many thx

freshman
January 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
very nice dark themes thanks

Syncitywolf
January 7th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I'm rockin' this bad boy right now. Great work Grim, and thanks a lot for making such a great piece.

dreamer567
January 7th, 2011, 09:18 PM
You are the master of themes !!! Always love your work. :party2: :cool: :-D

Deathbold
January 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Hello
I had install the BladeThemPackx86-v10 and with 7tsp the Rar 7tsp_Blade_Icons_Theme_Extras.
But how can I install BladeRocketDochSkin or BladeObjectDock Free Skinn ? :crying:
i didnt find the folder

and nice Work

Mr GRiM
January 8th, 2011, 11:22 AM
The installers didn't work for the docks, I used 7-zip to make them and it didn't do what it was meant to, just extract the contents to the desktop and make a folder called blade and then add it to the directories for those programs, C:\Program Files (x86)\RocketDock\Skins for Rocketdock or C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\ObjectDockPlus2\Backgrounds Objectdock.

Deathbold
January 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
The installers didn't work for the docks, I used 7-zip to make them and it didn't do what it was meant to, just extract the contents to the desktop and make a folder called blade and then add it to the directories for those programs, C:\Program Files (x86)\RocketDock\Skins for Rocketdock or C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\ObjectDockPlus2\Backgrounds Objectdock.

I had that allready read but I didn´t find the folder :ashamed:

Mr GRiM
January 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Deathbold » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:09 pm
Mr GRiM » vor 45 Minuten

I had that allready read but I didn´t find the folder :ashamed:

Have you got RocketDock or Objectdock installed?

Deathbold
January 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I had all extracting ObjectDock Free Skin/Plus and RocketDock so you that say
The installers didn't work for the docks, I used 7-zip to make them and it didn't do what it was meant to, just extract the contents to the desktop and make a folder called blade

But they didnt install ObjectDock or RocketDock but they extracting that

Mr GRiM
January 9th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Deathbold » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 am
I had all extracting ObjectDock Free Skin/Plus and RocketDock so you that say
The installers didn't work for the docks, I used 7-zip to make them and it didn't do what it was meant to, just extract the contents to the desktop and make a folder called blade

They are only the skins for those programs, you still need to install the programs for them to work.

Deathbold
January 9th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Mr GRiM » Heute, 7:45 am (http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/viewtopic.php?p=28787#p28787) wrote:

Deathbold » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 am (http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/viewtopic.php?p=28767#p28767) wrote:I had all extracting ObjectDock Free Skin/Plus and RocketDock so you that say

They are only the skins for those programs, you still need to install the programs for them to work.

and what for program need I when for RocketDock and ObjectDock ?

kingdemon89
January 10th, 2011, 06:51 AM
why this theme doesn't have the search space in the start menu

mansrm81
January 10th, 2011, 07:10 AM
kingdemon89 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:51 am
why this theme doesn't have the search space in the start menu
Its still there just start typing and it will will search what you want. :)

energetika
January 12th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Beauty work Mr Grim. Thanks. :)

Darknessdrgn
January 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM
:cheeky: :cheeky: this is the best damn theme of all time.... I really love it and im a huge fan of your work! Mr Grim

JoellyasaurusRex
January 13th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Ive been trying to download this and get it working for sometime and I just cant seem to get it to work right. I read through all the comments and learned a few things but it still didnt work out for me. I have windows 7 64 and my laptop is an alienware m11x R2. My problem is that the start menu and the dock looks like its the old version when I install the theme. I didnt know about the 7tsp so I downloaded it but since I am new with all this I dont know how to use it. Also I keep reading that you have to extract to certain places and make new folders and such. Its a huge brain buster for me but if someone could make a tutorial or just explain it in a way that even someone with no experience with this stuff could understand it and get it right that would be amazing. Start from what programs we will need and where to get them and then from Step 1 to finish. I think this would help a lot of those who come across this problem and would also help solve questions later on.

Please help, especially you Mr. Grim, I would appreciate it a lot. :)

Mr GRiM
January 13th, 2011, 02:27 PM
JoellyasaurusRex » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 am
Ive been trying to download this and get it working for sometime and I just cant seem to get it to work right. I read through all the comments and learned a few things but it still didnt work out for me. I have windows 7 64 and my laptop is an alienware m11x R2. My problem is that the start menu and the dock looks like its the old version when I install the theme. I didnt know about the 7tsp so I downloaded it but since I am new with all this I dont know how to use it. Also I keep reading that you have to extract to certain places and make new folders and such. Its a huge brain buster for me but if someone could make a tutorial or just explain it in a way that even someone with no experience with this stuff could understand it and get it right that would be amazing. Start from what programs we will need and where to get them and then from Step 1 to finish. I think this would help a lot of those who come across this problem and would also help solve questions later on.

Please help, especially you Mr. Grim, I would appreciate it a lot. :)

OK it's pretty easy to install the theme.

First of all you need to set up your system to be able to use custom themes, the program I like to use is UxStyle Core (http://uxstyle.com) download and install the version you need and once installed you will then be able to use custom themes.

For the theme just download BladeThemePackx64-v10.exe (http://www.mediafire.com/?7osdpqjbhs9nak2) and double click on it to start the setup and then just install it, after it is installed the theme should be automatically applied.

Now you will have the theme working and some people may want to stop there, if you want to install all the icons and Media Player skins and so on then you will need to do this.

First download 7tsp (http://www.xptsp.net/fixit/dl.php?url=programs/7tsp_GUI_v0.3_B(3001).exe)

Then download 7tsp_Blade_Icons_Theme_Extras.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/?jf14b7tgj4h85p0)

Now you will need to open 7tsp and load the 7tsp_Blade_Icons_Theme_Extras.7z into it, for a tutorial on how to do that have a look here (http://www.xptsp.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=80)

After you have gone through the 7tsp setup the only other things to install are the docks for ObjectDock and RocketDock and the Desktop Gadgets, the gadgets all have proper installers so there is no problem installing those.

For the docks you will have to install either RocketDock (http://rocketdock.com/download) or ObjectDock (http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/downloads.asp) first before you can use them and that's what I was trying explain about in the previous posts.

JoellyasaurusRex
January 13th, 2011, 03:12 PM
may you explain fully what docks are? there are two of them so can you switch from either of them when you want? (hopefully this will clear everyones confusion) and thanks for the explanation, it helped a lot.

JoellyasaurusRex
January 13th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I followed all the steps up to the 7tsp download and I went ahead and downloaded it and the resource hacker with it. I downloaded the 7tsp extras and when it was patching it would get to the new fonts and then the window would say its not responding anymore. I deleted the 7tsp and installed it again and its still having the same problem when it reaches the fonts. The progress bar isnt moving either.

skybox15
January 13th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Blade theme is awesome and I love it! There's just 1 problem - I can't make 7tsp work on my pc...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101420889933559&set=a.101420873266894.2112.100001969441938

please help me... tell me what to do. thanks!

reninsane
January 13th, 2011, 06:12 PM
just wanted to add something, i use ur site quite a bit to look for some sexy themes and get some inspiration to try and mod some themes i pick up (im not very good and full building/customization) but think ur site is fantastic and some of the work ppl put into the themes they create are fantastic. cant complain at all because i love looking at them and think every1 involved has done a brilliant job. rite gonna stop boring u now but all the same keep up the brilliant work. and GTZ!!!!!!!!!!

Mr GRiM
January 14th, 2011, 04:08 AM
JoellyasaurusRex » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:12 am
may you explain fully what docks are? there are two of them so can you switch from either of them when you want? (hopefully this will clear everyones confusion) and thanks for the explanation, it helped a lot.

The docks are just like a quick launch bar, you can put program shortcuts on them for easy access, you can use both docks together but most people would just use one or the other, it's up you to test each one and see what you prefer, for more information have a look on the programs website.

Mr GRiM
January 14th, 2011, 04:10 AM
JoellyasaurusRex » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 am
I followed all the steps up to the 7tsp download and I went ahead and downloaded it and the resource hacker with it. I downloaded the 7tsp extras and when it was patching it would get to the new fonts and then the window would say its not responding anymore. I deleted the 7tsp and installed it again and its still having the same problem when it reaches the fonts. The progress bar isnt moving either.

Not sure why you would have that problem but maybe try extracting the 7tsp blade extras pack and delete the fonts from the extra folder and then repack it again using 7-zip.

Mr GRiM
January 14th, 2011, 04:21 AM
skybox15 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:13 am
Blade theme is awesome and I love it! There's just 1 problem - I can't make 7tsp work on my pc...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101420889933559&set=a.101420873266894.2112.100001969441938

please help me... tell me what to do. thanks!

If you follow the instructions you should have no issues, I have UAC disabled so not sure if makes a difference but I am sure I installed it on the VM with UAC on and had no issues, if you are still having problems using 7tsp please to Fixit and ask for support as he is the creator of 7tsp and can better help you with your problems.

JoellyasaurusRex
January 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Mr GRiM » Today, 5:10 am (http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/viewtopic.php?p=29163#p29163) wrote:

JoellyasaurusRex » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 am (http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/viewtopic.php?p=29089#p29089) wrote:I followed all the steps up to the 7tsp download and I went ahead and downloaded it and the resource hacker with it. I downloaded the 7tsp extras and when it was patching it would get to the new fonts and then the window would say its not responding anymore. I deleted the 7tsp and installed it again and its still having the same problem when it reaches the fonts. The progress bar isnt moving either.

Not sure why you would have that problem but maybe try extracting the 7tsp blade extras pack and delete the fonts from the extra folder and then repack it again using 7-zip.

yeah i just had to disable the font and it worked. in some of your other themes like annihilator light pack v0.2, annihilator pack v0.3 and the black horizon extreme the 7tsp wouldnt recognize it for me to use it. after i download the folder/s is there another approach i can use for it?

jasz04
January 15th, 2011, 01:48 AM
i have a problem extracting your blade theme on my x64 windows 7, can u help me?? when i click it, it says extracting but its always 0% and n0t m0ving at all. .

imlgl
January 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hi.
I have tried to restore my theme back to the default windows theme. I have all default icons etc back. The only thing which wont change back is the logon screen. I have tried restoring it using tweakslogon and 7tsp. Both of these cannot remove and restore the default logon screen. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Mr GRiM
January 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM
imlgl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:57 pm
Hi.
I have tried to restore my theme back to the default windows theme. I have all default icons etc back. The only thing which wont change back is the logon screen. I have tried restoring it using tweakslogon and 7tsp. Both of these cannot remove and restore the default logon screen. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Yes all you need to do is delete the backgrounds folder C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds

imlgl
January 15th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Mr GRiM » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:18 pm

imlgl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:57 pm
Hi.

Yes all you need to do is delete the backgrounds folder C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds

Thanks for that, worked perfectly :)

jasz04
January 17th, 2011, 11:47 AM
hi. . I just solved my problem. . .i redownloaded the blade theme. . And it works perfectly. . !! Thank you very much. . . .all your themes are awesome. . I hope someday when i graduated from BSIT (Bachelor of Science in Information and Technology) i will be like u, a great designer and programmer, im just newbie in windows i want to explore m0re, hehe. . Keep up the goodwork!! hehe, your my n0. 1 idol in designing hehe,

vladie
January 17th, 2011, 02:16 PM
i have a problem with the font..
i cant see the letters coz the font color is the same as the background color.
do you have any solution for this?
thanks..

Mr GRiM
January 18th, 2011, 01:49 AM
vladie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:16 am
i have a problem with the font..
i cant see the letters coz the font color is the same as the background color.
do you have any solution for this?
thanks..

Can you explain where you mean please or show me a picture?

vladie
January 18th, 2011, 02:47 AM
here are the screenshots..

Mr GRiM
January 18th, 2011, 04:32 AM
vladie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Did you change it in the advanced appearance settings?

vladie
January 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Mr GRiM » Today, 1:32 pm

nope, i didn't change anything..

Mr GRiM
January 18th, 2011, 02:51 PM
vladie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Well I don't know what you did there mate, I have heard of one other person who had this issue but it was not my themes causing it, he had to reinstall windows to fix it though.

vladie
January 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Mr GRiM » Yesterday, 11:51 pm

vladie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Well I don't know what you did there mate, I have heard of one other person who had this issue but it was not my themes causing it, he had to reinstall windows to fix it though.

oh i see..
maybe its not compatible with win7 home basic.
thanks anyway
nice theme :cool:

JoellyasaurusRex
January 20th, 2011, 09:22 PM
JoellyasaurusRex » Jan 14th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Mr GRiM » Today, 5:10 am

JoellyasaurusRex » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 am

yeah i just had to disable the font and it worked. in some of your other themes like annihilator light pack v0.2, annihilator pack v0.3 and the black horizon extreme the 7tsp wouldnt recognize it for me to use it. after i download the folder/s is there another approach i can use for it?

does anyone know how to fix this? i thought id try it again today but still nothing.

Kino
January 23rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
This theme
is absolutely
Perfect mr grim!
:cool: :gun:

rusl@n
January 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Dear help to understand,has installed the subjects Blade program Theme Resource Changer before rebooting the computer facility 6801,6805,6809 and 7013 In Explorer.exe changed, but here is after rebooting facility 6801,6805,6809 and 7013 again became standard,are changed then when will choose the subjects again.Beforehand thank you :idk:

mirel
January 25th, 2011, 08:15 PM
looks very good.....

Gre3nham
January 30th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Just downloaded the theme, looks awesome, I love it!

Just one question, is the search bar in the start menu meant to be gone? If so, is there any way to get it back?

mansrm81
January 30th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Gre3nham » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:59 pm

Just one question, is the search bar in the start menu meant to be gone? If so, is there any way to get it back?
Its still there its just hidden just start typing :)

Mr GRiM
January 30th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Gre3nham » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:59 pm

As Steve said, it's just hidden, you can still type when you open the start menu and search, also if you use one of the basic themes there is a search bar on that one, I use the basic theme a fair bit because I play games and it uses less memory then the Aero themes.

apophis
February 1st, 2011, 03:30 PM
thank you grim, i love it :)

d3hann3s
February 2nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
this is a realy nice theme :shocked:

lucid
February 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks for this. Just had a quick question. Not sure if it's just something which I messed up myself, but which option is it (in Personlization -> Window Color and Appearance -> Advanced appearence settings?) where I can choose the background of apps. I know there is an Application background, but this just seems to sort out the background for the toolbar parts of the Apps. At the moment, I'm finding that all my mediaplayers like Jetaudio and MediaMonkey are BRIGHT white in the areas where the playlist, medialibrary etc are within those programs. I thought it might be the 2nd 3d color, but that seems to be effecting buttons instead. Any tips please? I have tried enabling skins within mediamonkey and jetaudio, but whilst all the other parts of the program change, the medialibrary and playlist windows remain bright white which just gives a headache. Esp since this theme is centred about using white text in dark windows, rather than white text in white windows, lol.

All other windows etc open fine. I got around some programs by using Black Glass Enhanced whilst installing and making those windows transparent. However I prefer to use individual skins with those 2 media players.

Thanks again

jijiy08
February 4th, 2011, 06:29 AM
:what: :what: :what: :what:

tnx for this super awesome theme MR. GRIM! YOU ROCK!
:gun: lol

gsw953
February 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM
lucid » Yesterday, 4:21 pm
Thanks for this. Just had a quick question. Not sure if it's just something which I messed up myself, but which option is it (in Personlization -> Window Color and Appearance -> Advanced appearence settings?) where I can choose the background of apps. I know there is an Application background, but this just seems to sort out the background for the toolbar parts of the Apps. At the moment, I'm finding that all my mediaplayers like Jetaudio and MediaMonkey are BRIGHT white in the areas where the playlist, medialibrary etc are within those programs. I thought it might be the 2nd 3d color, but that seems to be effecting buttons instead. Any tips please? I have tried enabling skins within mediamonkey and jetaudio, but whilst all the other parts of the program change, the medialibrary and playlist windows remain bright white which just gives a headache. Esp since this theme is centred about using white text in dark windows, rather than white text in white windows, lol.

All other windows etc open fine. I got around some programs by using Black Glass Enhanced whilst installing and making those windows transparent. However I prefer to use individual skins with those 2 media players.

Thanks again

hey lucid both Jetaudio and MediaMonkey have custom dark skins available!
you can check some of them out here:
http://www.jetaudio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64
and here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher (http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Skins_for_MediaMonkey_v3.0_and_higher)

lucid
February 4th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Hi gsw953,

That's precisely my problem. For whatever reason, now no matter which custom skin I use for either of those programs (for mediamonkey please check out the mediamonkey forums for even more amazing skins!), although the toolbar areas and buttons etc change to reflect whatever skin I load, the past of the application where you list all the songs in the medialibrary, playlists, content of playlist etc has a bright white background which is both painful and makes text hard to read since the text follows the settings in windows (I changed it from the grey of the skin to the light blue which Mr Grim used for when you select some text). However, even with the default grey, it would be pretty unreadable with the white background I seem to be stuck with.

Like i said, maybe I messed something up so if I can't get a solution by Sunday, I'll probably do another system restore and start over with applying the theme, icon pack etc.

gsw953
February 4th, 2011, 11:19 PM
oh,i understand now.i'm not sure about Jetaudio but i do use MediaMonkey.
Here's a couple of things to try,if you go to C:\program files\ mediamonkey,in there there is 2 .exe's .one for skinned and one for non skinned .Try opening the one for skinned.As far as I know it is supposed ignore whatever Windows theme is being used and use a custom skin.Secondly, you said you changed the application background in Personlization -> Window Color and Appearance -> Advanced appearence settings but did you try the Window color?Changing the Window color should change the mediamokey background of the non skinned exe.(it does for me)

gyulan95
February 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Mr. Grimm, a little help it should. The theme font set, how do I change it? Hungarian uses the system "64 bit", and sometimes mixed with a lot of accent.
I want plain Arial font, possible?
Answer, thank you in advance.

098mnb
February 6th, 2011, 12:39 AM
do something else, come on you guy!! you do not have any more he,well/ what we can do, pffffff :

Mr GRiM
February 6th, 2011, 03:33 AM
gyulan95 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 am
Mr. Grimm, a little help it should. The theme font set, how do I change it? Hungarian uses the system "64 bit", and sometimes mixed with a lot of accent.

No worries bud, here you go, I just did Blade 2 as it looks like that's what you using there.

Mr GRiM
February 6th, 2011, 03:34 AM
098mnb » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am
do something else, come on you guy!! you do not have any more he,well/ what we can do, pffffff :

Sorry I don't understand your request.

rusl@n
February 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Dear help me understand, to set the theme any admissible Blade installed the program Theme Resource Changer to restart the computer resources 6801,6805,6809 i7013 In Explorer.exe changed, but after restarting the resources 6801,6805,6809 i7013 again become a standard, I then will choose when the topic again. Thanks in advance :idk:

Mr GRiM
February 6th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Theme Resource Changer gets installed with the theme, if you have installed theme resource changer separately then uninstall it and then run the Blade theme installer again.

gyulan95
February 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Mr GRiM » Ma, , 4:33 am

gyulan95 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 am

No worries bud, here you go, I just did Blade 2 as it looks like that's what you using there.

Mr GRiM! Thanks! :happy:

lucid
February 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
gsw953 » Yesterday, 12:19 am
Here's a couple of things to try,if you go to C:\program files\ mediamonkey,in there there is 2 .exe's .one for skinned and one for non skinned .Try opening the one for skinned.As far as I know it is supposed ignore whatever Windows theme is being used and use a custom skin.Secondly, you said you changed the application background in Personlization -> Window Color and Appearance -> Advanced appearence settings but did you try the Window color?Changing the Window color should change the mediamokey background of the non skinned exe.(it does for me)

Unfortunately my windows installation got messed up whilst running system restore. Weird since I used the exact same restore point as I'd used earlier that day. For whatever reason, windows renamed my windows hard disk partition as F drive and kept trying to boot from what used to be my d drive (a storage drive) having renamed it as c drive. Not sure if it's because I'm installed Win7 SP1, but my Win7 disc wouldn't repair so I had to reinstall windows 7.

Thanks for the advice, I'm pretty sure I'd run both mediamonkeys (and selected ignore windows theme in the options too). Anyway, I'll take things slowly and try again :)

P.S. I can't believe no-one else (on this thread anyway) how awesome it is that my pc (once I get the theme reinstalled...still transferring all my files back on the fresh install) now makes a light-sabre noise when I switch the monitor on or off! Nice one!

Also, having read the above post, does that mean I should uninstall VistaGlazz and Uxstyle Core Beta before I run the installer for this? I have also run the theme patcher file too which patches those 3 files, but I assume that's ok to leave enabled.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, someone else said on Deviant Art that full glass.exe works fine with this theme. On the other hand, i had mixed results using BlackGlassEnhanced. I'll report back on that later.

On a side note, is there anyway I can use these transparent glass mods with a white background? I'll got a thing about having hi-res pictures of a full moon in the background from time to time, but it makes the transparent windows almost unusable unless I leave a window with something dark open on top of the desktop. Also, makes it hard to use bright rainmeter themes like the WP7 Omnimo theme. Basically, I guess I'm asking if I can make any slight alterations to this theme from within the advanced "window color and appearance" settings.

Otherwise, I guess I can just use it without running the extra glass app for now.
:heh:

Ryan_Se7en
February 9th, 2011, 05:11 AM
What is the blade Aero in the file download?

Mr GRiM
February 9th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Ryan_Se7en » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:11 pm
What is the blade Aero in the file download?

That was a request to have the just the start menu and taskbar from blade but the rest of the theme is still default Aero.

Mr GRiM
February 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM
lucid » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:34 am

gsw953 » Yesterday, 12:19 am

Unfortunately my windows installation got messed up whilst running system restore. Weird since I used the exact same restore point as I'd used earlier that day. For whatever reason, windows renamed my windows hard disk partition as F drive and kept trying to boot from what used to be my d drive (a storage drive) having renamed it as c drive. Not sure if it's because I'm installed Win7 SP1, but my Win7 disc wouldn't repair so I had to reinstall windows 7.

Thanks for the advice, I'm pretty sure I'd run both mediamonkeys (and selected ignore windows theme in the options too). Anyway, I'll take things slowly and try again :)

P.S. I can't believe no-one else (on this thread anyway) how awesome it is that my pc (once I get the theme reinstalled...still transferring all my files back on the fresh install) now makes a light-sabre noise when I switch the monitor on or off! Nice one!

Also, having read the above post, does that mean I should uninstall VistaGlazz and Uxstyle Core Beta before I run the installer for this? I have also run the theme patcher file too which patches those 3 files, but I assume that's ok to leave enabled.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, someone else said on Deviant Art that full glass.exe works fine with this theme. On the other hand, i had mixed results using BlackGlassEnhanced. I'll report back on that later.

On a side note, is there anyway I can use these transparent glass mods with a white background? I'll got a thing about having hi-res pictures of a full moon in the background from time to time, but it makes the transparent windows almost unusable unless I leave a window with something dark open on top of the desktop. Also, makes it hard to use bright rainmeter themes like the WP7 Omnimo theme. Basically, I guess I'm asking if I can make any slight alterations to this theme from within the advanced "window color and appearance" settings.

Otherwise, I guess I can just use it without running the extra glass app for now.
:heh:

Thats a bit strange that your partition letter changed during a system restore, I just installed SP1 as well and did a restore after because of a problem I was having after I uninstalled Advanced System Care and I had no problems.

With UxStyle Core it can not be installed if you have already patched your system files, it is an alternative method and removes the need to modify system files and it runs as a service to enable the custom themes.

Full Glass and BlackGlassEnhanced do work with this theme but I did not really optimize the theme for use with it as I do really like those full glass apps anyway, the problem with light backgrounds with white text that becomes almost unreadable is not something that can not be overcome and it makes the use of those programs impractical for every day use.

If you want a bit of transparency then your probably better off using other programs like Glass2k or System Transparency.

Here is a preview of how it looks using System Transparency

Ryan_Se7en
February 10th, 2011, 03:45 PM
how come my icons look so funny?
The HDD drive is showed as a USB drive
and the USB drive looks quite funny too

Mr GRiM
February 10th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Ryan_Se7en » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:45 am
how come my icons look so funny?
The HDD drive is showed as a USB drive
and the USB drive looks quite funny too

Looks like you have been using Iconpackager or some other Icon changer, I had the same problem with all the Icons being messed up like that after using Iconpackager, another reason why I do not like Stardock products.

I ended up doing a fresh install after I tried sfc/ scannow and a system repair, I am pretty sure I could have fixed the problem though by removing the registry entries Iconpackager made but at the time I had enough and decided just to do a fresh install instead.

Afrcngy
February 10th, 2011, 08:28 PM
First off I would like to say what a great job Mr GRiM did on this theme. Absolutely beautiful. I am new to the site so not sure where to ask questions about certain themes so I apologize if this is the incorrect location.

I have managed to get everything installed and working for this theme except for some icons. The icons I am missing/need to install are for folders and hard drives (see attached image). I installed everything in the same folder so I am pretty sure I do not have those.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way to get the recycling bin's icon to switch between the "Empty" and "Full". I have looked on other forums and sites and cannot find anything.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Afrcngy
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x325/Riaan_Roux/Fulldesktopimage.png?t=1297373139

rusl@n
February 10th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Afrcngy Follow this link http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/32258-7tsp-Blade-Icon-Pack?p=179831&viewfull=1#post179831 :smile:

HaCkthEplAneT
February 10th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Afrcngy » February 10th, 2011, 4:28 pm
First off I would like to say what a great job Mr GRiM did on this theme. Absolutely beautiful. I am new to the site so not sure where to ask questions about certain themes so I apologize if this is the incorrect location.

I have managed to get everything installed and working for this theme except for some icons. The icons I am missing/need to install are for folders and hard drives (see attached image). I installed everything in the same folder so I am pretty sure I do not have those.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way to get the recycling bin's icon to switch between the "Empty" and "Full". I have looked on other forums and sites and cannot find anything.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Afrcngy
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x325/Riaan_Roux/Fulldesktopimage.png?t=1297373139

Looks like you need to install the 7tsp blade icon pack. you can download the icon pack from the link provided in the post. there is also a tutorial link on how to use 7tsp as well. if you need any more help just ask.

Ryan_Se7en
February 11th, 2011, 03:02 AM
To Mr Grim: I did the fresh install and it's good now
How do you use the the theme for the object dock?

Afrcngy
February 11th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Thanks. Found the tutorial, downloaded the source patcher, and the 7tsp download. When I opened the patcher and went to "add a custom pack" I couldn't find the .7tsp.7z or 7tsp.zip files necessary. I have looked through the folder a couple times and still can't find the file necessary to use the patcher. Sorry for bother you guys. :ashamed:

-Afrcngy

Ryan_Se7en
February 11th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Afrcngy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm
Thanks. Found the tutorial, downloaded the source patcher, and the 7tsp download. When I opened the patcher and went to "add a custom pack" I couldn't find the .7tsp.7z or 7tsp.zip files necessary. I have looked through the folder a couple times and still can't find the file necessary to use the patcher. Sorry for bother you guys. :ashamed:

-Afrcngy
7tsp_Blade_Icons_Theme_Extras.7z is the name of the file that you need. It's the 1st file in the folder that Mr. Grim here has on his MediaFire. It's the first file on the folder.
Just a reminder
"Don't extract it. Use it directly. Good Luck"

Chicken
February 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Hy
by the way this is the best visual Style that i ever seen. Respect.
But now my Problem:
Where can i find the ieframe (IE8) Skin/Mod in the Package. Microsoft has today updated and now my IE8 looks bad. original Buttons and Pics. See Attachment. A Reinstall of the Style Package has no effect. The Mouse over Effect is from the Mod I Hope any can help me.

Greets from Germany

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4176/snap2011021113h13m31s00.png (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/snap2011021113h13m31s00.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Mr GRiM
February 11th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Chicken » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:28 pm
Hy
by the way this is the best visual Style that i ever seen. Respect.
But now my Problem:
Where can i find the ieframe (IE8) Skin/Mod in the Package. Microsoft has today updated and now my IE8 looks bad. original Buttons and Pics. See Attachment. A Reinstall of the Style Package has no effect. The Mouse over Effect is from the Mod I Hope any can help me.

Greets from Germany

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4176/snap2011021113h13m31s00.png (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/snap2011021113h13m31s00.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

The IE skin is installed when you install all the icons using 7tsp, if you do a restore using the restore function on 7tsp and then install them again it should be fine again.

Afrcngy
February 13th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. Looks great.

-Afrcngy

qxPROxp
February 16th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Why when i try to use the gadgets they dont work properly?

EDIT: nvm i got it working thanks anyway. Great theme by the way best one ive seen so far.

droiteka
February 16th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Hello Guys,

I have a little problem, I am a little novice at changing themes and I don't realy know how to do this but I would like to know if someone can tell me how to change my theme with this one, I have Windows 7, x86, and sory for my English.

Thank You for Understanding!

Mr GRiM
February 16th, 2011, 08:19 PM
droiteka » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:38 pm
Hello Guys,

I have a little problem, I am a little novice at changing themes and I don't realy know how to do this but I would like to know if someone can tell me how to change my theme with this one, I have Windows 7, x86, and sory for my English.

Thank You for Understanding!

Install this http://www.uxstyle.com/ and then install the x86 theme

GTK48
February 18th, 2011, 12:13 PM
This is the best theme that I have ever used. I only wish it had a screen saver. Great Work! :cool:

rusl@n
February 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Thank you for the wonderful theme Mr.Grim think it's not over yet, and will continue this wonderful creation :smile:

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 20th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hi Mr.Grim this is your new Blade Clash of the Titans 2 Red theme?
or internet fake?because it is very nice,I do not think the background
It is rather for you guys
very hot girl
but,I now think only this nice red theme,but I can not find it anywhere
:idk:

rusl@n
February 20th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Moonnique theme reworked Venom Revolution 2 :smile:

Big V
February 20th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Yes moon that is a different version. Mr Grim gave venom from UO 2 Revolution permission to mod it and you can find it on his site
http://uorevolution.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2229

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 24th, 2011, 10:29 PM
rusl@n » Feb 20th, 2011, 8:01 pm
Moonnique theme reworked Venom Revolution 2 :smile:

Yes moon that is a different version. Mr Grim gave venom from UO 2 Revolution permission to mod it and you can find it on his site
http://uorevolution.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2229

Ou,thanks,I had to ask a friend for sending this windows theme, because I would must have to register
And this is very nice theme RED,but not for me
I used it, but somehow I've still not looking at it half-naked girl
I was uncomfortable,still watch it, so I had to change it
but otherwise is very nice, shame the background
And Big V-Supeeeeeeer Signature,heh :girl:

aeris
February 26th, 2011, 07:01 AM
thanks for sharing this theme...awesome!!! :happy:

eljoraike
February 26th, 2011, 02:29 PM
great work,,,i love this theme,,,thank,s bro :smile:

maansu16
February 26th, 2011, 07:16 PM
this is awesome work

CCK1800
February 27th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the magnificent theme :happy: !!!!!!!!!!

TrayFlyer
March 4th, 2011, 05:25 AM
dieses design ist zwar übelst geil, aber leider ein virus, hatte kurz darauf probleme mit dem internet gehabt und pc wird dadurch langsamer, wegen den ganzen sounds die reingepackt wurden, wäre nett wenn ihr das bearbeiten würdet, also die windows-standart sounds einfach so lassen wie sie waren.

this design is indeed übelst awesome, but unfortunately, a virus had problems shortly after internet with the had and pc becomes slower, because of all the sounds that were purely packed would be nice if you could edit this, so the windows standart-sounds just like that as it were let

Ledig
March 8th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Hi
Its my favorite theme now, but I have only one problem. Everytime,after PC restarting Start button from theme is replaced the Start button with Windows logo.And I am compelled to load a theme from menu again constantly.
Sorry my English

Mr GRiM
March 8th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Ledig » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:38 am
Hi
Its my favorite theme now, but I have only one problem. Everytime,after PC restarting Start button from theme is replaced the Start button with Windows logo.And I am compelled to load a theme from menu again constantly.
Sorry my English

I have no idea what is causing that, have you used any other start button changers?

Ledig
March 8th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Mr GRiM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:42 am

Hi
Sorry my English

I have no idea what is causing that, have you used any other start button changers?

No. Win7-32 + UTPatcher + Blade Theme installer+ icon installer. And I have some another installed themes by Mr.Grim )...but this problem only with Blade theme.

Mr GRiM
March 8th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Ledig » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi
Sorry my English

No. Win7-32 + UTPatcher + Blade Theme installer+ icon installer. And I have some another installed themes by Mr.Grim )...but this problem only with Blade theme.

Are you using the default windows DPI settings (100%)?

Ledig
March 8th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Mr GRiM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi
Sorry my English

Yes.

http://i010.radikal.ru/1103/21/5af40a58c94a.jpg

Mr GRiM
March 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Ledig » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Mr GRiM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi
Sorry my English

Yes.

http://i010.radikal.ru/1103/21/5af40a58c94a.jpg

You are using another start button changer because that is not the default windows orb, uninstall the other one your using, I expect it's Kishan's Start Button Changer from DA

rusl@n
March 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Ledig you windows 7 of putnik S Club if so what do these actions Rename the folder .. \ Windows \ rescache or delete ee. I delete all files with folder Backup C: \ Windows \ winsxs :smile:

Ledig
March 9th, 2011, 03:31 AM
rusl@n » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:39 am
Ledig you windows 7 of putnik S Club if so what do these actions Rename the folder .. \ Windows \ rescache or delete ee. I delete all files with folder Backup C: \ Windows \ winsxs :smile:

Yes) Its Win 7 by Putnik. I'm delete folders rescache and backup, but problem is here . What can I do yet ?

rusl@n
March 9th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Then you do as I alter the Start button and the Windows logo from PNG to BMP format in Photoshop to replace the explorer through Restarator

Mr GRiM
March 9th, 2011, 11:50 AM
This theme installs theme resource changer, it uses png images instead of bitmaps, there is no need to do any of that, it should all work fine after you have installed the theme.

rusl@n
March 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Mr Grim I have everything working, just that I myself can not understand why many do not work and are posted on the screenshot to make yourself even so. I understand you, it's hard to explain why many of them have obtained :)

smokescreen
March 10th, 2011, 05:00 AM
great theme, i love it

one question though, i don't know it this was a feature or a bug, but when i use the basic version of either theme i have a search bar in my start menu, but if i use the non-basic version, search bar goes away. i can still type and search, i just can't see what i'm typing

great work though,

Mr GRiM
March 10th, 2011, 04:14 PM
smokescreen » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:00 pm
great theme, i love it

one question though, i don't know it this was a feature or a bug, but when i use the basic version of either theme i have a search bar in my start menu, but if i use the non-basic version, search bar goes away. i can still type and search, i just can't see what i'm typing

great work though,

It's a feature, I did it that way on Aero because it was the only way to have it fully transparent without a blur, I didn't have to worry about that on Basic though so I left it on.

kazzzz504
March 11th, 2011, 02:39 PM
awesome theme........jus loved it.......GADGets rock........thanx

BigBoss0327
March 14th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Thank you for the great theme, I love it!
I just have one question though, in the video you click on Full Glass.exe and all of your windows had a transparent background... how do you do that? Like, I can't find Ful Glass.exe in the package.... :(

treeless
March 14th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Awesome Theme :D
Yet im wondering why my taskbar looks sooo blocky and weird when yours looks amazingggg :) Help?
Email: matt_94101@live.ca

Big V
March 15th, 2011, 03:10 AM
BigBoss0327 » Yesterday, 8:57 pm
Thank you for the great theme, I love it!
I just have one question though, in the video you click on Full Glass.exe and all of your windows had a transparent background... how do you do that? Like, I can't find Ful Glass.exe in the package.... :(
You will need to download and install full glass. you can read in this tread about how it is done and there is also links to full glass or enhanced black glass located in this thread also http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/32075-HOW-DO-I-INSTALL-FULL-GLASS

Big V
March 15th, 2011, 03:15 AM
treeless » Today, 11:24 am
Awesome Theme :D
Yet im wondering why my taskbar looks sooo blocky and weird when yours looks amazingggg :) Help?
Email: matt_94101@live.ca
Sound like you need to patch your system files so you can use 3rd party themes. Use either uxstyle core or universal theme patcher http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/896-Theme-Patchers

spartan71
March 15th, 2011, 11:21 AM
looks great thanks for the nice work.
:laughing: :laughing:

archerb88
March 17th, 2011, 04:01 PM
i have a problem of this the paper color in microsoft office 2010 exept in powerpoint, can you please make the paper back in default, by the way its the best theme i had!

bgjerlow designs
March 17th, 2011, 05:52 PM
archerb88 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:01 pm
i have a problem of this the paper color in microsoft office 2010 exept in powerpoint, can you please make the paper back in default, by the way its the best theme i had!
Can't be fixed without changing explorer background colors back to default, which would pretty much ruin the theme IMO.

Mr GRiM
March 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM
archerb88 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:01 am

It takes a couple of seconds to switch to another theme, why not just change to a light theme when you need to work in office?

cloud7
March 17th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Very nice. Thanks.

Champi-Design
March 20th, 2011, 10:43 PM
hey man , i would like know if u have edited the file shell32.dll for this great theme ? or if we must edit ;) great job ;)

sorry for my english , i'm french

bye

Mr GRiM
March 20th, 2011, 11:30 PM
You don't need to edit any dll's for the theme to look nice, most of the important ones like the shell32, explorer and explorerframe images will change with the theme without you having to do a thing.

Champi-Design
March 20th, 2011, 11:59 PM
yes , i see ^^ but i hate all default icons from microsoft , i would edit every systeme icons

Mr GRiM
March 21st, 2011, 02:20 AM
Well I have not replaced every single icon but I did replace over 100 of them, download the 7tsp and the 7tsp blade extras pack and then follow the tutorial on how to use 7tsp I linked to above, the process is very simple and will only take a few minutes.

Champi-Design
March 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM
okey , thanks u so much :D

Akim VF
March 22nd, 2011, 04:36 AM
how to patch >?
i have do it but nothing happen please help me

somebody ?

Jaitsu
March 22nd, 2011, 08:09 AM
Great skin, but two things - First of all, how can I change the fonts for the taskbar/Aero Peek titles? With the glow effect, they're hard to read at a glance. And second of all, when I open up the Control Panel or certain folders (like the Fonts folder for instance) the left pane is still the default Windows light blue and doesn't match the rest of the theme, is there a fix for that?

Mr GRiM
March 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM
You need to open the msstyles in WSB to edit the fonts or you could open it in Restorator and maybe edit the fonts that way, not sure why the left pane images are not working for you in fonts and so on, they work fine for me.

Morzika
March 24th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Great work! I've just installed the theme and it looks beautiful, but I see some differences between mine and yours and I wonder if you did something extra that I didn't or my theme just didn't install properly.

My windows taskbar does not look like yours and my start menu looks normal. Basically they both changed to the color dark gray and the font has changed, too, but nothing else about it. All of the icons have installed properly as well.

What do you think?

bgjerlow designs
March 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Have you patched your system to enable 3rd party themes?

Dakon
March 31st, 2011, 03:29 PM
This theme is gorgeous and works wonderfully. I think my computer may be odd or the settings may be messed up a bit and I apologize if this is detailed somewhere else but I couldn't find it....sorry rambling.

Most of the icons like C drive, Firefox logo, etc didn't change to the icons that I saw in the preview when I loaded the theme. Where do the icons unpack to so I can tell windows to change the icons properly?

thanks so much. Again I LOVE the theme.

Mr GRiM
March 31st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Did you install the icons and extras in the 7tsp pack using 7tsp?

Dakon
March 31st, 2011, 03:38 PM
apparently I did not. Is there a readme I missed that I can use to do it properly? I have to admit I'm very new at this.

Mr GRiM
March 31st, 2011, 05:17 PM
There are links to 7tsp and a link on how to use it in the first post at the top of the page, all the information is there if you read it ;)

Dakon
March 31st, 2011, 05:26 PM
See, that requires that I read. =P Thanks man, I found what I needed and got it all installed.

Once again, thanks for this theme. It's so amazing. Your work is outstanding.

jkd
March 31st, 2011, 06:25 PM
Mr grim is it possible you can make a red version of your theme since the competition is over thanks in advance.

Mr GRiM
March 31st, 2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah I guess I could think about it :)

jkd
April 1st, 2011, 02:56 AM
Sounds good i hope you do, The reason is i just bought a new computer and my motherboard, ram and case (half 932) are red so it well match everything.

Thanks once again.

shorty8287
April 1st, 2011, 11:08 PM
nice job!! keep up the good work!!

Guyver
April 3rd, 2011, 07:36 AM
Great Work Mr. Grim *Thumbs Up*

How can i Switch the Clock in the Taskbar? The same Clock i see on Preview Pic.

Mr GRiM
April 3rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks, to get the clock you have to install the extras pack using 7tsp.

NAHOM
April 3rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
Mr. Grim Thank you so much man :smile:

Guyver
April 3rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
I have install the 7tsp GUI and Load the Extras. Klick Patching and i become a message..

Line16786 (Path.....\7tsp GUI.exe):

Error: The requested action with this object has failed

Sorry, my English is not the best ;)

Jaitsu
April 4th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Hey, question - can you tell me the string number in the msstyles file for this font:

http://i.imgur.com/S88mP.png

I want to try changing that font to Eurostile, since the DS-Digital seems hard to read at that size.

vlad tepes
April 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Very good job, the only thing is, is this issue and others are windows 7 ultimate, no? I have a windows 7 home premium x86 and I installed the theme pack x86 and it works all very well, greetings and thanks. :loving: :cool:

Mr GRiM
April 5th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Jaitsu » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:23 pm
Hey, question - can you tell me the string number in the msstyles file for this font:

http://i.imgur.com/S88mP.png

I want to try changing that font to Eurostile, since the DS-Digital seems hard to read at that size.
If you open the msstyles in Restorator you can go to the String folder and that contains all the properties for the changed fonts, not sure what one it is for that area but if you extract the Neutral text file and open it in Notepad++ you can easily replace all the digital fonts with Eurostile.

Exhibit
April 6th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Uhm, Mr. Grim. Would you be as so kind as to hook me up with the custom icons you used in the video? It'd be appreciated, I like them very much. xD

Mr GRiM
April 6th, 2011, 06:41 AM
The Icons you can see on the desktop and in the explorer windows are my Blade icons that will be installed when you install the 7tsp blade icons and extras, the ones in the Taskbar I don't know about, you would have to ask HackThePlanet as it was him who made the video.

Exhibit
April 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Ah, thanks.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
April 6th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Funny-again-2days ago
7Dark Blade Clash of The Titans Ultimate Sp1 by Prince NRVL
but more ++++++++all love your blade theme
:girl:
http://www.monova.org/torrent/4335654/7Dark_Ultimate.html

SRV
April 7th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Moonnique » Yesterday, 4:59 am
Funny-again-2days ago
7Dark Blade Clash of The Titans Ultimate Sp1 by Prince NRVL
but more ++++++++all love your blade theme
:girl:
http://www.monova.org/torrent/4335654/7Dark_Ultimate.html

It's funny how the twerp puts in 3 themes in the preview though.

donn3r
April 8th, 2011, 01:40 AM
is this compatible with 64 bit?

jkd
April 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM
We should put a comment saying it's a virus, he stole mr grims work so no one well download.

Honestly what loser take credit for your work.

Big V
April 8th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Well i actually went to prince nrvl forum and he did give grim credit for his themes on the original post. Weather or not if he ask to use grim stuff i don't know but credit was given. A lot of times on the torrent sites it is a repost from some idiot that had nothing better to do than steal someone material and blast the entire net with it. Without thinking at all of the original contributors copyrights and work involved in creating it