PDA

View Full Version : Failed at making theme

MrToxicCodes
July 19th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Ok so i was working on this theme for 3 days and i still failed. Ima upload the file to here and maybe see if one of you Pro Creaters could help me out or point me in the right direction. If you do use it Please let me know Cause this was gonna be a DARK LOTUS theme. That i requested. But i tried my own and failed. But here are some pics of it. I quit working on it didnt get no sounds.icons, or wallpaper done

faizalotai
July 20th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Hi Mr ToxicCodes, for icons,sounds and wallpaper etc.you must create their folder in that folder theme itself..then it can apply with .theme file..within edit with notepad

razorsedge
July 20th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Ok so i was working on this theme for 3 days and i still failed. Ima upload the file to here and maybe see if one of you Pro Creaters could help me out or point me in the right direction. If you do use it Please let me know Cause this was gonna be a DARK LOTUS theme. That i requested. But i tried my own and failed. But here are some pics of it. I quit working on it didnt get no sounds.icons, or wallpaper done

Hi Bud :)

You should not give up on this so fast I was just looking at some of your questions here I can help answer for you but don't take it as u failed after 3 days to make a theme takes quite a long time I been doing them for years and it takes me a gd mth or more to make one but especially since this is your first it's not something that you will be able to do just quickly making a theme takes quite a bit of time :)

MrToxicCodes
July 20th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Hi Bud :)

You should not give up on this so fast I was just looking at some of your questions here I can help answer for you but don't take it as u failed after 3 days to make a theme takes quite a long time I been doing them for years and it takes me a gd mth or more to make one but especially since this is your first it's not something that you will be able to do just quickly making a theme takes quite a bit of time :)

Lol. I had help getting everything done also. I had 2 people help me with the graphics. as i read all tuts and stuff on here. Some was easy to understand some where not. If i can get help to complete this then i wont give up. I hate giving up on stuff. But sometime in life you have. But ehh ill take all the help you all will give me to complete this

razorsedge
July 20th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Lol. I had help getting everything done also. I had 2 people help me with the graphics. as i read all tuts and stuff on here. Some was easy to understand some where not. If i can get help to complete this then i wont give up. I hate giving up on stuff. But sometime in life you have. But ehh ill take all the help you all will give me to complete this

Yes thats the way bud a lot of ppl honestly don't realize the amount of effort you have to put into making a theme it's not easy by any means but I always felt everyone should give it a try sure there are lots of theme makers out there but honestly in the end for your own personal computer no one knows what you want as a theme better then you do yourself lol

MrToxicCodes
July 20th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Ok i got it done now. Now can someone help me with sounds,icons,wallpapers? Like where do the stuff? how do i get it?
I already have the wallpapers im using

razorsedge
July 20th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Ok i got it done now. Now can someone help me with sounds,icons,wallpapers? Like where do the stuff? how do i get it?
I already have the wallpapers im using

Hi Bud ok the easy way for that would be to download one of our themes and take a look just grab one of mine and in the theme folder itself have a look inside to see how I have the folder names and that set I will put a few screens here of the theme file with some points also to help you out with that below :)

razorsedge
July 20th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Ok here is what you need to know

The entries for walls and such are done in the theme file so if you download say my latest one retrubition u will see the same file as I have used for the screens here.

On this first pic I have pointed out where the icons are in your theme file these should already be in your theme file to begin with they are done automatic in the theme file :)

notes on this would be if you look in one of my theme you have the 4 icons in the imageres.dll folder and the numbers of the icons have to be the same as what I have them as, they correspond with numbered icons in the imageres.dll :)

This next screen is for the cursors again these will already be in your theme file auto from windows

now notes on this one are

the locations will have to be changed to the locations of the cursors in your theme file those lines that need to be edited I will give u an example here

AppStarting=%SystemRoot%\Resources\Themes\Retribution Blue\Cursors\Retribution Blue\AppStarting.ani in the like of code the first time it says Retribution blue that would be the name of the theme folder, the second time it says retribution blue is inside the theme folder I have a folder called cursors and inside that a folder called retribution blue u dont have to put it in the extra folder I just do out of habbit u can have the cursors in just the cursor folder.

This 3rd image will show you for the wallpapers

notes on this I have it setup this way inside my theme folder and in a folder called backgrounds the code line in the theme files shows this

Wallpaper=%SystemRoot%\Resources\Themes\Retribution Blue\Backgrounds\one.jpg - as u see points to the retrubition folder and then to the backgrounds folder to set more then one wall paper so it rotates what you do is. You would have that same one line in this spot here but you would need to go to your personalization menu in windows and under the themes click one desktop background and pick the walls and amount of time you want to have them rotate every 1 mins 15 mins every hour every 2 hours once a day so forth. When you have done that windows will add right at the bottom of your theme file a code line like this

[Slideshow]
ImagesRootPIDL=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

Interval=7200000
Shuffle=1

that will tell windows when to shffle the walls it will add this code line and do the suffle auto u dont need to do anything for it :)

Now last thing is the sounds like in the screen below

for these again you need to edit the lines of code to where you have them placed in your theme folder mine as u see are like this

DefaultValue=%SystemRoot%\Resources\Themes\Retribution Blue\Sound Scheme\Windows Ding.wav - showing you that in my retribution theme folder I have a folder named Sound Scheme and a sound called windows ding in there

thats pretty much how you setup those options :)