PDA

View Full Version : Building a theme with Windows Style builder video tutorial

razorsedge
July 20th, 2012, 10:39 PM
After a request from Toadyshadow to make a video tutorial on how to create themes with windows style builder I have done up a basics tutorial for creating themes in wsb.

This is a run through and showing you how things are done and the functions in wsb I was not able to go through the entire themeing process with you here as the video itself was already 60 mins long just trying to get in the main stuff :)

Hope this helps anyone with issues trying to make themes in wsb enjoy the tutorial :)

Part 1

VYrUYT7R4Is

Part 2

4xMNQ_3SCcA

Part 3

iQM85-JhfcU

small note in the above video part 3 when I am explaining about the logoff buttons placement I have it clicked on showing you the places list image and content margins slight mistake on my part I ment to be on the logoff image not the places list is the content margins you need to adjust for the placement of those buttons :)

Part 4

h7ngQq9ZREU

Part 5

8CaWFWOC_Wo

Dave Seniors complete guide to theme building

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building

windows 7 class maps I use in my windows style builder for this tutorial

located in C:\Program Files (x86)\AveApps\Windows Style Builder\Data

just download the 7zip and replace the win 7 folder in the location above with this win 7 folder to have the same class maps as used in this tutorial :)

8pecxstudios
July 20th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks Tucker For This It Will Be A Massive Help For Me And The Community Thanks So Much For Taking The Hours To Make This Video.:happy::money::crying::happy:

faizalotai
July 20th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Hopefully many themes maker will be born :laughing:

Black_knight
July 20th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Thanx A TON Bud :money::happy:

razorsedge
July 20th, 2012, 11:17 PM
thanks very much guys I hope this helps you create some kick ass themes lol

give credit to toadyshadow he bugged me to do it lmao

faizalotai
July 20th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Hey Toadyshadow101..i'm waiting for your up-coming theme lmao2

glassyeyed
July 20th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Thank's for making the lengthy video razorsedge this will help all owners of WSB immensely as the wiki-help in the program itself is useless or you have to logged in to WSB forums to find any tutorials of any use but thank god Dave Senior spent a huge amount of time on his guide to themebuilding & MrGrim provided updated class maps so I could understand the mere basics.

Your video will help "fill in the blanks" so to speak.

razorsedge
July 21st, 2012, 12:08 AM
Thank's for making the lengthy video razorsedge this will help all owners of WSB immensely as the wiki-help in the program itself is useless or you have to logged in to WSB forums to find any tutorials of any use but thank god Dave Senior spent a huge amount of time on his guide to themebuilding & MrGrim provided updated class maps so I could understand the mere basics.

Your video will help "fill in the blanks" so to speak.

oh u reminded me glassyeyed to up my class maps for wsb so ppl can be on the same page as the tut lmao there are so many diff ones out there lol thanks :)

HammerJack
July 21st, 2012, 02:32 AM
Man O Man. What can I say? This is totally cool what you have presented to the theming community.
This will guide so many people around the planet, and now like Faizal mentioned, Many new style builders will be born because of this..

Your the best Tucker.. Thanks

razorsedge
July 21st, 2012, 03:33 AM
Man O Man. What can I say? This is totally cool what you have presented to the theming community.
This will guide so many people around the planet, and now like Faizal mentioned, Many new style builders will be born because of this..

Your the best Tucker.. Thanks

thanks bud lol

Just for everyone I have redone the tutorial and reupped it, its a bit longer now sorry of that, you can thank youtube for that one on the first up it suggested I had bad lighting and it offered to fix it. Well I let them do it and I viewed it here a while ago it looked like crap going dark and light and everything was kind of a blur so I fixed it now and made a new one it's much better lol

gor17981
July 21st, 2012, 07:11 AM
WOW man, This post is stuuupendous lol going to watch it my self as well, thanks for taking the time to make this man, i'm sure this will help out alot of people :daman:

Big V
July 21st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Tucker this is awesome bud I'm sure this will help so many understand wsb and how it works
I'm gonna watch it myself maybe it will finally inspire me to try my hand @ wsb

Oshea
July 21st, 2012, 02:15 PM
razorsedge

Man! What a tremendous resource!
Ive already snagged these gems off of youtube, for myself...
I really appreciate your efforts, man...
Thanks so much for this...
:money:

razorsedge
July 22nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
you are most welcome guys lets hope this get some of you to make some kick ass themes lol :)

NickAd
October 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
This is exactly what I have een searching the internet for, but unfortunately I can't get them to play and they no longer seem to be on youtube.

Mr GRiM
October 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
This is exactly what I have een searching the internet for, but unfortunately I can't get them to play and they no longer seem to be on youtube.

They are all working for me and on Youtube

NickAd
October 24th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Many thanks for checking the links and the quick response to my problem.

Must have been a problem with my Firefox settings. When I cleared the cache it was also deleting things like Site Preferences. Did a little 'tinkering' with it and accessed the YouTube video from their site by copying the video url from the embedded player and opening in a new tab. Seems to be working now.

I am a huge fan of your themes and am currently running HUD Evolution. Having a few minor problems with it and so, with your permission, I shall begin my adventure into the new (for me) world of Theming with Style Builder to adjust them (for personal use only of course). The (minor) alterations I wish to make are:

1. Control Panel main screen has a deep white bar at the top with very pale grey text on it. Only the initial Control Panel window. The rest are fine.
2. Will change the Recycle Bin Icons to an image of a black wire-frame waste basket with blur highlights. Perfect with HUD Evolution.
3. The Windows Explorer Search Box switches to a dark grey background with black text when I click on it. Makes it unreadable. Also effects some website Login/search boxes in Firefox. Just need to find out WHERE the appropriate settings/properties are to adjust that. Any hints?
4. Make the changes part of the theme so I can 'do away with' Stardocks Icon Packager.

Look forward to seeing any new themes you make, especially the black/blue ones!
So glad I found this site as the tutorials are the proverbial Dogs B*****ks!

erikspapa
November 15th, 2012, 02:05 PM
very very thanks but no speak english but the screen is helpful :tu:

sry for my english ;)

ScottG
November 27th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Wow, thank you. I've been in "theme hell" and getting stuck in the mud trying to sort out all the different parts in windows. This has been a tremendous help. Thanks again for all the time and trouble

saijzo
February 11th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Thank you for your hard work,it was worth it and helped me a lot to understand wsb.

IceBabee
February 11th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Great videos.....will come in quite handy! Thank you for doing them. :)

FreddyFudpucker
April 19th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Thankx for your help . . . . Much appreciated !

poweredbyostx
October 15th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Thank you for this post,very good :Smile:

YourNumbr1Fan
January 14th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Awesome tutorial, Tucker!---Very detailed, a huge help to me. Thanks for taking the time and putting forth the effort!:Peace:

Mehdroid
July 14th, 2015, 05:33 AM
Thank you! The Light is shining in my attic ;)

InSiD
August 4th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Many thanks!
I have to change the color red in the Navigation Panel as from image ...
I'm using Windows Style Builde and OldNewExplorer.
Please... Help!

dareck1411
August 10th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Thanks for this

shurasyziel
October 4th, 2022, 11:00 PM
thanks for this

AngelicGroove
October 9th, 2022, 01:12 PM
Says the Video has been Privated. i would really like to watch it. Just started getting into theming and I have some cool ideas. but I don't know how to build one so if I could watch it, it would really help.

ArdentAA
October 9th, 2022, 06:27 PM
Hi AngelicGroove...
If you want to make theme properly....
Check out the link..This might help you..
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building?highlight=make+theme (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building?highlight=make+theme)

Ta-Daw
October 7th, 2023, 12:09 PM
Are those videos still available anywhere?