PDA

View Full Version : Job real or no

MrToxicCodes
July 23rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
I recieve this email after sending my resume. But i researched the company and see alot of people complaing about scams

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Bankers Life and Casualty Company in Lafayette. I'm delighted to confirm our meeting on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM, which is the first step in the application process.

Please allow up to 1 hour for our meeting. I encourage you to bring a recent copy of your resume and to prepare a list of questions. We'll discuss our company history, career path outline, training program and compensation package during this session. Business attire is expected.

The meeting will be held at:
3589 Sagamore Parkway North, Suite 130
Lafayette, IN 47904

From I-65, exit (#175) on to SR 25 going to US 52.
Turn right (west) on US 52 (Sagamore Parkway). Stay on Sagamore Parkway for approximately 1-1/2 miles.
At Duncan Road and US 52 (stoplight), turn right on to Duncan Road.
At your first opportunity, turn right into the drive leading toward the parking lots.
Go past the first IN OK building (flags on that building).
The southern most building is IN OK also with numbers 3589 on the building. This is also marked with a kiosk-type sign with Bankers Life and Casualty on it - 40K.
Our suite number is 130.

**BE ADVISED that the Lafayette office is in the Eastern Standard Time Zone, please plan your travel accordingly.**

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at (number removed). I look forward to meeting you on Wednesday.

Sincerely,

Robert Fisher
Bankers Life and Casualty Company, Lafayette

Maybe there somethign im missing. If this is a real job then why people complaining?
If it is fake then why is it still running?
Or people complaing because they where denied the job?

July 23rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
it's some kind of scam. i've gotten a few of these from them. the thing is with my resume i'm extremely careful about who gets a copy, and i know there is no way they have a copy. so the only thing they could have is my email address. and that is only because a few people i know cannot get it through their head to clean up the headed before forwarding a email to others.

MrToxicCodes
July 23rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
it's some kind of scam. i've gotten a few of these from them. the thing is with my resume i'm extremely careful about who gets a copy, and i know there is no way they have a copy. so the only thing they could have is my email address. and that is only because a few people i know cannot get it through their head to clean up the headed before forwarding a email to others.

Thanks for replying. I really needed a answear cause. With the world is these days. its hard to get a job or a "real" one.

killjoy
August 8th, 2012, 03:20 AM
you will likely be stabbed and raped... I would avoid that meeting. lol