PDA

View Full Version : WaterFox the x64 FireFox Mozilla browser silent installer

razorsedge
July 24th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks to S1lenC3 for mentioning this in the best web browsers thread and Vern telling me about it :)

I switched to this browser a few weeks ago and it's amazing you can download all your normal addons, themes and firefox plugins from the regular mozilla site and they all work in here, if you have firefox already installed when installing water fox it uses the same profile as firefox and will on install auto add in all firefox plugins during install :)

http://waterfoxproject.org/

Enjoy the power of Firefox optimised for 64-bit Windows

64-bit is the future of computing – and one obvious benefit of running a 64-bit version of Windows is the fact it allows you to access more than 3.5GB of RAM, helping speed up your computer. Despite the growing popularity of 64-bit though, we're still in that transitional phase where many applications are still only available in 32-bit builds – they're compatible with 64-bit, but you get none of the performance benefits 64-bit computing can bring.
Firefox is one such example: the latest Nightly (http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/25739-firefox_nightly) build is available in 64-bit, but we're at least six months away from it making the transition through Aurora and Beta to a final release.
For those who can’t wait for Firefox to embrace 64-bit, take a look at Waterfox instead. This is a dedicated 64-bit browser based on Firefox’s open source code, compiled specifically for 64-bit versions of Windows, complete with optimizations to help speed things up a little more.
This makes it instantly familiar to existing Firefox users – Waterfox is based on the current stable Firefox build, which means it functions in exactly the same way. Aside from its name on the menu at the top of the main window, there’s nothing to differentiate it from Firefox.
Note, because the app is 64-bit, you’ll need to have installed the 64-bit version of Microsoft's Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14632) to avoid an MSVCR100.DLL missing error message when you try to launch the app. You’ll also find handy links to 64-bit versions of Flash, Silverlight and Sun Java on the Waterfox download (http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/downloads) page too, while all add-ons that work in Firefox should work with Waterfox too.
It’s also important to note that Waterfox shares your Firefox settings, so should you come to uninstall it, don’t select the option to delete all personal information if you’re still using Firefox.
What's new in Waterfox

-Compiled with Intel's C++ Compiler using /O3 /QaxAVX /arch:SSE3 /Qparallel /w
-Implemented Intel's LibM (Math Library)
-Implemented SSE3 support for all processors and AVX for Intel Sandy Bridge and newer processors
-Reverted back to jemalloc from tcmalloc in preview releases due to a problem occuring
-Disabled auto-updates, own method will be implemented in Waterfox.Next
-Thanks for xunxun1982 for the WebGL crash fix

Verdict:
Waterfox is well worth running if you’re using a 64-bit version of Windows and want to push the performance envelope as far as you can.

Elite RyanVM silent installer

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9431

(http://waterfoxproject.org/)

8pecxstudios
July 24th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Added A Silent Installer For You Guy's Enjoy This Beast Of A Browser

razorsedge
July 24th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Added A Silent Installer For You Guy's Enjoy This Beast Of A Browser

thanks for that bud dam u sure work fast gd show :)

ArtemisFowlXX
July 24th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Thanks man I am downloading right now

chevy350
July 24th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Works pretty damn good...except for playing BF3 but that's not too big an issue since I still have 32-bit version of FF ;) Thanks for posting this too :Smile:

Big V
July 24th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Great post Raxor and thanks for the mention bud:D

lostiano
July 24th, 2012, 05:15 AM
let me try :P downloading now.....

~TripleAceS~
July 24th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I am gonna check this out... I know I better do a lot of reading up on it first.. Thank You So Much For Sharing This Awesome Information With All Of Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Peace:

grace38
July 25th, 2012, 11:08 AM
tanks guys will give it a try

~TripleAceS~
July 27th, 2012, 01:05 AM
I Had To Come Back Over To This Posting And
Let You Know What I Thought About "WaterFox" !!
It Is Beating The Living Hell Out Everything Else.!!!

I Now Have It Installed on Three of My Laptop/Notebook's and It Is Installed
On My Desktop Computer In My Office....

Awesome Program!!!
Thank You For Sharing It !!!

Big V
July 27th, 2012, 02:53 AM
I just checked the website and version 14 will be released sometimes friday according to their main page so don't forget to update

8pecxstudios
July 27th, 2012, 05:53 AM
I just checked the website and version 14 will be released sometimes friday according to their main page so don't forget to update

Already Waiting Too lol He's Been Updating The Site As Well Also I Have Made My Waterfox Able To Run Faster Again :money:

8pecxstudios
July 27th, 2012, 05:58 AM
How To Enable More Ram For Slightly Fast Waterfox

Type About:Config In URL Bar hit enter

locate

browser.cache.memory.max_entry_size & Set Value From 5120 To 10240 Witch = 1gb ram

Done:money:

glassyeyed
July 27th, 2012, 06:51 AM
How To Enable More Ram For Slightly Fast Waterfox

Type About:Config In URL Bar hit enter

locate

browser.cache.memory.max_entry_size & Set Value From 5120 To 10240 Witch = 1gb ram

Done:money:

Nice tweak now maybe more than 4 GB of the 16 GB installed Ram will be used justifying the initial expense.

Oshea
July 27th, 2012, 07:37 AM
This is actually pretty bitchin'...
Killer...Thanks...
:beaten:

8pecxstudios
July 27th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Updated Waterfox 14 Is Here:peace:

chevy350
August 18th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Was using 14.0.1 up until earlier this morning, for some reason it was using up all (16Gb) of ram with only 1 tab open....not sure why it just started today but regular FF seems to be ok. I'll keep checking back on this though D'oh!

8pecxstudios
August 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Was using 14.0.1 up until earlier this morning, for some reason it was using up all (16Gb) of ram with only 1 tab open....not sure why it just started today but regular FF seems to be ok. I'll keep checking back on this though D'oh!

Beats Me Bud Ive Been On 14.0.1 for ages now no Issue me side lol i even benched my browser and got better score then all other browsers lol

8pecxstudios
September 2nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Updated WaterFox 15 Silent Installer:

Ryan_Se7en
September 20th, 2012, 10:07 PM
How to set waterfox as Default Program?

8pecxstudios
September 21st, 2012, 12:17 AM
How to set waterfox as Default Program?

hey bud go to options just like this picture ok

Big V
September 21st, 2012, 12:48 AM
I assume that frame is your new theme your working on toady in the screenshot that look sweet bud

Ryan_Se7en
September 21st, 2012, 01:19 AM
hey bud go to options just like this picture ok

Hey thank you very much ^_^
The theme looks awesome. Is it windows theme or just waterfox theme?

8pecxstudios
September 21st, 2012, 01:37 AM
Hey thank you very much ^_^
The theme looks awesome. Is it windows theme or just waterfox theme?

Np Bud Glad I Could Help
And Its The Theme I Will Be Entering In The Clash OF The Titans Comp

lahercoll
September 21st, 2012, 02:01 AM
thank you my friend if you say it must be wonderful this navigating thousand thanks to proving greetings greetings.:shocked::Smile::cheeky:

jone080110
September 21st, 2012, 04:19 AM
please help me,cant install microsoft C C,

8pecxstudios
September 21st, 2012, 06:28 AM
please help me,cant install microsoft C C,

Can you show a screenie of the error please or what redistributable C++ library its asking for

8pecxstudios
October 31st, 2012, 08:46 AM
Updated Sorry Guys The Maker Of Waterfox takes forever to update lol

October 31st, 2012, 12:32 PM
this is what i get when i click the installer for 16.

Big V
October 31st, 2012, 04:02 PM
this is what i get when i click the installer for 16.

Chuck if you go to the waterfox site they have the newer version 16 available now... the one in your screenshot is 15 bud if your wanting the latest version http://www.waterfoxproject.org/download.php

I've been using waterfox for a couple of months now and i love it.
So far i have only encounter one issue and that was an incompatible plugin (bitdefender online scanner)
Everything else I normally use (plug-ins, search engines, themes, etc) have worked just the same as firefox

October 31st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Chuck if you go to the waterfox site they have the newer version 16 available now... the one in your screenshot is 15 bud if your wanting the latest version http://www.waterfoxproject.org/download.php

I've been using waterfox for a couple of months now and i love it.
So far i have only encounter one issue and that was an incompatible plugin (bitdefender online scanner)
Everything else I normally use (plug-ins, search engines, themes, etc) have worked just the same as firefox

Big (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V), link on here is suppose to be updated for "waterfox 16 normal installer". when i downloaded it it was actually 15. was just giving a heads up so the link could be fixed. as for running waterfox i'd have to say i've been running it for at least 2 months and love it.

8pecxstudios
October 31st, 2012, 11:09 PM
lol thats my bad mate i forgot to update the eula lol its version 16.0.1 lol

lahercoll
October 31st, 2012, 11:59 PM
thank you my friend excellent:happy: