PDA

View Full Version : Tribes Ascend

Predator-cz
July 24th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hello everyone, I bet all of you have heard of Unreal Tournament by this time, but maybe got a little bored of it. You mastered the shock rifle and calculating trajectories of your projectiles with the paths of your opponents is natural to you. You need to step up.

Now here comes a game perfect for you, it's fast, it's intense, it's brutal, it's mindtwisting and it's free to play. You're hovering, going 170km/s, your opponent is going 170km/s and you both have only few sips of battery juice left in your jetpack. Drop first and you'll become a candidate for one of Tribe's splash-damage weapons, whether it's a grenade launcher, spinfusor disc, or gamma-ray mortar. In your last seconds of airtime, your brain is trying to comprehend weapon trajectory paths, topography, damage radius, and the fact, that you'll probably die very quick.

It's not just fast FPS like CoD for all the 12-year-olds, unable of anymore thinking than run'n'shoot. It's a mental-physical ballet, like we know from Unreal, Quake, or perhaps Crysis 2 , only taken to a whole new limit thanks to your jet skiing boots and jetpack.
The whole game is built for Capture the flag gameplay. It's not just a multi-player shooting game which happened to have CTF mode applied to some of the maps. Going fast and keeping your momentum is absolutely crucial for you to stay alive and bring the enemy flag home

As we know from most other games, this game also has various classes. Whether you're a fast Pathfinder, all purpose Soldier, or a heavy juggernaut with a long range mortar, you'll fulfill your role on the battlefield.
Throughout the time you gain XP and spend it on unlocking other classes, weapons, upgrades, items...
In light class, beside Pathfinder you can find Sentinel with a long range sniper rifle, or Infiltrator with invisibility cloak and plenty of explosives.
In medium class, beside Soldier you have a Technician, engineer capable of building mobile turrets for defense and repairing structures and vehicles, or Raider with Arx Burster preferably used against slow or static targets.
In heavy class, beside Juggernaut there's Doombringer with a heavy chain gun and anti-vehicle Saber Launcher, or a Brute with heavy spinfusor dealing a lot of damage on blast and automatic shotgun as secondary weapon.

However the whole game isn't just CTF, there's also good old Team Deathmatch, self-explaining "capture and hold" and Arena

Summary:
Big adventure
Tons of fun
A beautiful heart
Faithful and strong
Sharing kindness
It's an easy feat
And magic makes it all com... damn, it's free, just try it if you haven't done it yet.

ayaBHJeEpbw

Letícia®
July 25th, 2012, 12:49 AM
thanks for that Predator-cz

liked, I found interesting:flirt:

lwarmachinel
July 27th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Very Cool!

nikbane
July 30th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Tribes Ascend, and even the first one is STILL hard for me to get the hang of!
I played since the closed beta and still have not mastered any of the weapons.

Great to know that other members will find this post and try it out

Maximz
August 25th, 2012, 11:13 PM
i play this game pretty often and i'll agree its not easy to get the hang of the game, lately there has be quite a few aim bot users in the game cuz i find it nearly impossible to pull off snipe shots at someone whose flying at 100. i tend to play the juggernaut class simple cuz i get a motar and a heavy spinfusor and i can take a decent amount of hits given that i am much slower then techies or infiltrators and whatever but i dont need that much speed i go in baserape and laugh simple XD (n then i prolly die)