PDA

View Full Version : shutdown button not working after 7tsp

MOST_WASTED
July 27th, 2012, 07:26 AM
hello vc friends i compiled a 7tsp pack and after i loaded it it somehow made my shutdown button a dud, including the logoff,restart...etc. thats the only problem i have everything else is good. does anyone know which "dll.res" file is doing this or if there's any fix for this problem?
i've tried restoring windows to before 7tsp was used then reloading the same pack but i still get the same result. any help would be appreciated. thanks and have a good one

edit: right now what i know for sure is that the AUTHUI.DLL.RES and the PNIDUI.DLL.RES when together in one pack will cause a problem. but by themselves they dont cause any problems, or at least for the packs i tried. and obvious solution is take one out before installing. but if anyone at all has installed a pack with both of these in it with success please let us know

thanks to VC staff and designers and members for all your help help i would not have known where to even begin with solving this problem if it wasnt for you. i really appreciate it. yall are awesome. thank you very much and more power to VC! :superman:

Oshea
July 27th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I believe it was the 'authui.dll.res' that gave me that very same issue in the past, man...

MOST_WASTED
July 27th, 2012, 07:41 AM
i see. i will try removing it. thanks oshea

MOST_WASTED
July 27th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I believe it was the 'authui.dll.res' that gave me that very same issue in the past, man...

that did it indeed. thanks so much man :Smile:

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
July 27th, 2012, 11:27 AM
yes,yes you can removing this 7tsp.dll file or just using other add-on applications for windows
i do not mind this issue because i never deleting any files of other works
but i use other default ctrl+delete+alt easy windows function

Big V
July 27th, 2012, 12:00 PM
remove The authi.dll from the pac
You can manually edit that dll using restorator after your pac installs and it should not cause you any issues

It's a weird bug with 7tsp it doesn't effect everyone plus i have found it also depends on the pac. I have a couple pacs with that dll included and no issues. Then i have a couple of pacs that I have to remove that .dll before i use them. Have the same issue with the pnidui.dll also

If you need help with editing those those 'dlls http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/31050-How-to-edit-images-inside-your-dll-s-exe-s-or-cpl-files

HammerJack
July 29th, 2012, 09:03 PM
remove The authi.dll from the pac
You can manually edit that dll using restorator after your pac installs and it should not cause you any issues

Glad I found this thread. After installing the HUD red extras this same issue occurred.
Hi BigV, If I understand you correctly you are reporting,
1) I can edit the 7tsp resource pack (remove the authui.dll), re-pack, & re-install as one option, right?
2) You also said you can manually edit the authui.dll. But you did not mention what I have to edit in the resources. One of the BMP images? Thanks for any feedback..

i see. i will try removing it.

Hi DRUNKYARD_DOG, Are you removing this from the system32 folder after the pack is installed by 7tsp? If it is removed and the original not replaced, will Windows still function? I have found the originals backed up in Program Files (x86)>7tsp folder. And thanks for any feedback.

**Update**
Just tried to replace the authui.dll in the system32 folder with the one from the 7tsp backup folder and the pc would boot but Windows would not run (black screen, no logon). When I switched them back around to the way they were, Windows runs again. Man I love the 7tsp concept, BUT... Seems like every time I install a pack I have some issue??? Next I'll restore and start over..

**Update2**
Just ran the restore and get this. Now my printer wants to print the last document sent, over & over, everytime I start up. I have to unplug the printer at this point.

MOST_WASTED
July 30th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Glad I found this thread. After installing the HUD red extras this same issue occurred.
Hi BigV, If I understand you correctly you are reporting,
1) I can edit the 7tsp resource pack (remove the authui.dll), re-pack, & re-install as one option, right?
2) You also said you can manually edit the authui.dll. But you did not mention what I have to edit in the resources. One of the BMP images? Thanks for any feedback..

Hi DRUNKYARD_DOG, Are you removing this from the system32 folder after the pack is installed by 7tsp? If it is removed and the original not replaced, will Windows still function? I have found the originals backed up in Program Files (x86)>7tsp folder. And thanks for any feedback.

**Update**
Just tried to replace the authui.dll in the system32 folder with the one from the 7tsp backup folder and the pc would boot but Windows would not run (black screen, no logon). When I switched them back around to the way they were, Windows runs again. Man I love the 7tsp concept, BUT... Seems like every time I install a pack I have some issue??? Next I'll restore and start over..

**Update2**
Just ran the restore and get this. Now my printer wants to print the last document sent, over & over, everytime I start up. I have to unplug the printer at this point.

Heya hammerjack. i did go through the backup as well as recommended by the staff and designers (thanks yall) i actually did not rename the authui.dll to a backup.dll i just deleted it and went and took the backups from the 7tsp folder in progfiles(x86). everything turned out well only thing im working on now is changing the frames once again but using these backups dont seem to be working as well. whats weird is it doesnt give me errors or black screens, the frames just wont change they stay the same no matter what i do. actually drove me nuts for a little bit. made me sing justin bieber songs out loud LMAO. im gonna give up for now, i know there's a lot of weird crap comes from loading a 7tsp pack but im sure there's also ways to work around each one. we'll figure it out... maybe :laughing:.

by the way to answer your question yes you can remove it from the pack and the pack will still work. but not from the system32 folder, if you take it out from there you have to replace it or else you'll get no logon screen when you bootup. just a black screen and your mouse cursor.

sometimes if you wanna go back just one step its good to use the system restore instead of the 7tsp pack's restore option. that way you'll just go back to how it was 10 minutes ago. that is why its useful that you manually create one before running the pack

MOST_WASTED
July 30th, 2012, 06:53 AM
wow really does not work. it kinda seems like my computer has been patched somehow for the authui to not work.
i give up. i try again tomorrow. have a great day everyone and thanks for helping out :Smile:

Big V
July 30th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Yes it very good idea to make a manual system restore point before you mess with 7tsp

Here is what i normally do bud when i have that issue i will restore back to before the pac.
Next I open the pac with 7zip and remove the authi.dll or whatever dll that is the offending problem (don't delete the file save it somewhere for future use. Just move it out of the pac).
Next rezip the pac then rerun 7tsp.
Once that has completed and everything is good.
Go locate whatever the dll you removed from the pac in your windows system folder(system32 - systemwow)
Take ownership of that dll in your system folder then copy it to your desk top so that you can edit it using restorator.
Once you have the dll on your desktop you will need to open it along with the dll.res from the pac that you removed using restorator. (I always open a second session of restorator for this process (first session opening dll from the system folder - second session used to open the dll.res from the pac)
Next drag the images out of the pac dll.res file to the corresponding location in the dll from your system folder
Once you have all the images dragged over save the dll back to your desktop.
Next return to your system folder and find the original dll again and rename it by adding .bak to the end of file name (this is now your original file back up if you ever need to restore just remove the .bak to restore it)
Next drag the dll you just edited on your desktop back into your system folder then close the folder and your done.
Depending on the ddl you edited it may require a system reboot for the changes to take effect

Mastriaz
July 30th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Try using 7tsp bottomshell icon..mayb its works.

Big V
July 30th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Try using 7tsp bottomshell icon..mayb its works.
I don't believe anyone has ever had an issue that was caused by the bottom or topshell registry fix in the pac's
From what i have seen the main issues have been authi.dll, pnidui.dll

Mastriaz
July 30th, 2012, 04:35 PM
i have thet prob too bro..then i try using bottomshell..its work..nothing getting wrong to my pc..hehehe..i just suggest only. :-)

HammerJack
July 30th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I don't believe anyone has ever had an issue that was caused by the bottom or topshell registry fix in the pac's
From what i have seen the main issues have been authi.dll, pnidui.dll

I did install the topshell pack. And the issue was with the authui.dll. Once I restored using 7tsp, not a custom restore point, The logon screen was back to normal, but the printer problem is still there.I might get brave and try your above suggestions one more time. Depends on what the issue is with the printer wanting to run constantly?

Does anybody know why my Devices & printers applet won't open after un-installing this HUD red pack??
Thanks for the replies men..

Mastriaz
July 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
maybe u should remove it from 7tsp gui..just try it..for me it works..

Big V
July 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I haven't seen that issue with a printer bud
but that could be due to me not having a printer also lol

I just did a complete reformat of my system and this time I think for all my icons I'm gonna try something different and manually edit all my dll's instead using 7tsp as razorsedge has suggested to me numerous times to avoid issues and conflicts. Going to be a shit load of work but i think it will be worth it in the long run

Mastriaz
July 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM
57309credit aand thanks to faizalotai for these advoc purple.57284 my desktop theme after 7tsp resolve. :-) credit to Mr.Grim for his theme & icon.

HammerJack
July 30th, 2012, 10:07 PM
my desktop theme after 7tsp resolve. :-) credit to Mr.Grim for his theme & icon.

Nice screenie. Really like the dock icons. Do you know where you got these, or did you make them? Thanks for the input here.

I haven't seen that issue with a printer bud

Thanks BigV. One more question please. You mentioned one other DLL called "pnidui.dll that has been known to cause issues. Where or what images is this DLL for. Or what does this DLL affect when it conflicts? Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

Big V
July 30th, 2012, 10:16 PM
It effect your internet connection and the main images are the images that appear for the net connection strength bars on your taskbar

HammerJack
July 30th, 2012, 10:37 PM
i actually did not rename the authui.dll to a backup.dll i just deleted it and went and took the backups from the 7tsp folder in progfiles(x86). everything turned out well

Thank bud for the input here. And as you mention above, I believe I did this same thing but with ill affects. I renamed the one in the System32 folder to "Deleteme" because it was the one installed by 7tsp and was supposedly the one from the pack causing this issue. Then I took the one out of the backups in Progfile(x86) which I thought should have been the original, and put in the System32 folder. Re-booted and like you also mentioned, I had the black screen, cursor, and no logon screen. It sounds like I did not have the success you say you did? Because I have a dual boot partition I could log in on the other OS, I took the current authui back out and renamed the deleteme back to authui.dll, rebooted and I was back where I started. At his point I have un-installed the whole pack. So I thought this sounded like what you just said that you did, which makes it sound all the more strange?

everything turned out well only thing im working on now is changing the frames once again but using these backups dont seem to be working as well. whats weird is it doesnt give me errors or black screens, the frames just wont change they stay the same no matter what i do.

Also from your above comments about trying to edit this authui file, and banging your head and singing those tunes they call JB songs, I felt sorry for ya. lol.. But it made me remember a post I just read about editing this DLL and it talked about it being a tricky one. So I thought I would pass this link along for you to check out in case it might help. Look here -->> Please do not post links to competing sites thanks the VC Staff
And thank you very much again for offering your help..

Mastriaz
July 30th, 2012, 11:12 PM
i got it from deviantart.credit to xylomon (http://xylomon.deviantart.com/art/chrome-and-blue-icons-168373745).grab it here http://xylomon.deviantart.com/art/chrome-and-blue-icons-168373745

Nice screenie. Really like the dock icons. Do you know where you got these, or did you make them? Thanks for the input here.

Thanks BigV. One more question please. You mentioned one other DLL called "pnidui.dll that has been known to cause issues. Where or what images is this DLL for. Or what does this DLL affect when it conflicts? Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

MOST_WASTED
July 31st, 2012, 04:11 AM
i dont know how the dll.res files in the pack could affect your printer or any device. the res files for the printer and devices only contain icons, at least for the packs that i have they only have icons so they couldnt possibly affect device operations.
just solved my authui problem. what i did was:
* took my pack and a 2nd pack (a pack where authui worked)
* deleted all res files except authui from 2nd pack
* copied my res files except authui to the 2nd pack. everything else was untouched and it worked. i got the userframe as i wanted it and the shutdown button is back to normal. i so happy Lol

you're prolly asking why didnt he just copy the authui of 2nd to the 1st pack? well i did that all day with various packs taking each authui from it and copying it to my pack and none of em worked so i figured there might be something in there with the authui that causes the conflict making it not work. i dont know what it is yet but at least im sure that its not another res file. oh and by the way the authui's of both packs are actually similar. this is like twilight zone stuff, so weiiiiird Lol. theres only wave files an ini file and a bitmap in there with it as far as i know, might be whats written on the ini file, i dont know. im gonna try a few trial and errors and see if i can figure it out

razorsedge
July 31st, 2012, 05:56 AM
i dont know how the dll.res files in the pack could affect your printer or any device. the res files for the printer and devices only contain icons, at least for the packs that i have they only have icons so they couldnt possibly affect device operations.
just solved my authui problem. what i did was:
* took my pack and a 2nd pack (a pack where authui worked)
* deleted all res files except authui from 2nd pack
* copied my res files except authui to the 2nd pack. everything else was untouched and it worked. i got the userframe as i wanted it and the shutdown button is back to normal. i so happy Lol

you're prolly asking why didnt he just copy the authui of 2nd to the 1st pack? well i did that all day with various packs taking each authui from it and copying it to my pack and none of em worked so i figured there might be something in there with the authui that causes the conflict making it not work. i dont know what it is yet but at least im sure that its not another res file. oh and by the way the authui's of both packs are actually similar. this is like twilight zone stuff, so weiiiiird Lol. theres only wave files an ini file and a bitmap in there with it as far as i know, might be whats written on the ini file, i dont know. im gonna try a few trial and errors and see if i can figure it out

Hi Bud :)

ya this is not an issue with the res files as all it is doing is replacing the icons in the dll if u were to replace the icons manually I know it's a bit more effort that way of course but the issues don't arise in my last pack some people had issues with the pnidui.dll for the net icon in the tasktray now thats a dll I have always done not until this last pack did anyone really have an issue with it. These probs that do arise are there for some and not for others it's always a quirky kind of issue when it comes to applying tsp packs. It just has something to do with the 7tsp app applying the icons maybe the way it does it or something dealing with that your going to have the odd problem with this or that it's just mostly luck of the draw lol

MOST_WASTED
July 31st, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hi Bud :)

ya this is not an issue with the res files as all it is doing is replacing the icons in the dll if u were to replace the icons manually I know it's a bit more effort that way of course but the issues don't arise in my last pack some people had issues with the pnidui.dll for the net icon in the tasktray now thats a dll I have always done not until this last pack did anyone really have an issue with it. These probs that do arise are there for some and not for others it's always a quirky kind of issue when it comes to applying tsp packs. It just has something to do with the 7tsp app applying the icons maybe the way it does it or something dealing with that your going to have the odd problem with this or that it's just mostly luck of the draw lol

Lol true. its a good thing the problems that show up are not major ones that would cause a crash or destroy info Lol hopefully it doesnt get to that. i thought of maybe a good way to apply packs, im gonna put aside a 7tsp pack that worked and then delete all of its res files and if any new packs come out i just copy the new res files onto it and just use that, and i'll just make duplicates of it for other packs. hehehe i think i will try that, i sure hope it works

MOST_WASTED
July 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM
57309credit aand thanks to faizalotai for these advoc purple.57284 my desktop theme after 7tsp resolve. :-) credit to Mr.Grim for his theme & icon.

nice desktops bud. u should post these on the post your desktop III (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/40506-Post-Your-Desktop-III) thread they are very good. way to go on putting them together

HammerJack
July 31st, 2012, 11:01 PM
Lol true. its a good thing the problems that show up are not major ones that would cause a crash or destroy info Lol hopefully it doesnt get to that. i thought of maybe a good way to apply packs, im gonna put aside a 7tsp pack that worked and then delete all of its res files and if any new packs come out i just copy the new res files onto it and just use that, and i'll just make duplicates of it for other packs. hehehe i think i will try that, i sure hope it works

I might be interested in trying just that. If you finalize a working pack and want to share it, send one up my way.. I ended up doing a system restore and everything is OK at the moment.For now I'm back the manual way.. Thanks again bud..

MOST_WASTED
August 2nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
I might be interested in trying just that. If you finalize a working pack and want to share it, send one up my way.. I ended up doing a system restore and everything is OK at the moment.For now I'm back the manual way.. Thanks again bud..

It didnt work bud. right now what i know for sure is that the AUTHUI.DLL.RES and the PNIDUI.DLL.RES when together in one pack will cause a problem. but by themselves they dont cause any problems, or at least for the packs i tried. and obvious solution is take one out before installing. but if anyone at all has installed a pack with both of these in it with success please let us know