PDA

View Full Version : Theme Issues.

Krucification
August 7th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Hey there I'm new to visual Styles and I seem to be having a problem with a couple of the themes I'm trying to install. Hopefully I'm not posting a question that's been asked and answered many times before.

I can't seem to get the Start Buttons, icos, and back/forward and other interface buttons of the custom theme to show up, and i'm not entirely sure why. I've looked around on the forums and tried a couple of solutions such as taking ownership of the system files as well as patching the the required files with Themepatcher as well, however, it still doesn't work, do you have any other ideas that I could try? If need be I can provide a cap, but at the moment I'm not able to post links in the forums. So just take my word for it. The rest of the theme is fine, and looks great, it's just the That seem to be having an issue.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

peter.pan
August 7th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hey there I'm new to visual Styles and I seem to be having a problem with a couple of the themes I'm trying to install. Hopefully I'm not posting a question that's been asked and answered many times before.

I can't seem to get the Start Buttons, icos, and back/forward and other interface buttons of the custom theme to show up, and i'm not entirely sure why. I've looked around on the forums and tried a couple of solutions such as taking ownership of the system files as well as patching the the required files with Themepatcher as well, however, it still doesn't work, do you have any other ideas that I could try? If need be I can provide a cap, but at the moment I'm not able to post links in the forums. So just take my word for it. The rest of the theme is fine, and looks great, it's just the That seem to be having an issue.

Hi krucification...
This might help for the start button.
Open a window,for expl documents Now up top select TOOTS,scroll down to folder options click on it,then click on view scroll down to launch folder windows in separate process-UNCHECK THE BOX then hit apply then ok thats it.
Hope this helps:Peace:

peter.pan
August 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Hi krucification...
This might help for the start button.
Open a window,for expl documents Now up top select TOOTS,scroll down to folder options click on it,then click on view scroll down to launch folder windows in separate process-UNCHECK THE BOX then hit apply then ok thats it.
Hope this helps:Peace:

You allow need to install theme resource changer:Peace:

peter.pan
August 7th, 2012, 10:08 PM
You allow need to install theme resource changer:Peace:

this will also help with back/forward:Peace:

razorsedge
August 7th, 2012, 11:06 PM

Most of the themes here have all of those buttons to auto apply when you apply the theme if you have theme resource changer instaled on your system this tutorial here will help you out http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37747-How-to-patch-windows-7-to-allow-3rd-party-themes-and-apply-themes-video-tutorial

:)