PDA

View Full Version : Problem with start orb

Nemesis06
August 8th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Someone could tell me how to solve problem with start orb. I have to reapply the themes each time I switch the PC to see the start orb.
always appears the original orb w7. I can do to not change and start with windows

Thanks

Sorry Google traslator

razorsedge
August 8th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Someone could tell me how to solve problem with start orb. I have to reapply the themes each time I switch the PC to see the start orb.
always appears the original orb w7. I can do to not change and start with windows

Thanks

Sorry Google traslator

Hi Bud :)

Do you have theme resource changer installed that is needed so the start orb, explorer frame buttons and shell32.dll images are applied with you theme you can find it here :)

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/30902-Theme-Resource-Changer-no-more-dll-editing

Nemesis06
August 8th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Thanks for you answer, razorsedge. But I have it installed theme resource changer, the problem is that when applying the theme I can see the orb, but turn off the pc back to put the old orb w7 and have to reapply the theme to see the custom orb.
Ps: with all themes
I hope you understand my bad English

razorsedge
August 8th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Thanks for you answer, razorsedge. But I have it installed theme resource changer, the problem is that when applying the theme I can see the orb, but turn off the pc back to put the old orb w7 and have to reapply the theme to see the custom orb.
Ps: with all themes
I hope you understand my bad English

Hi Bud yep understand you no problem have you used any start orb changers in the past on your system cause they put a lock on the files they change if you have used a start orb changer before use the app to set the start orb back to the default ms orb that way it takes the lock off the exe and u should no longer have that issue :)

If anything else just reaply here and I will figure out what else it could be :)

Nemesis06
August 8th, 2012, 11:19 PM
hello, if I used change start orb, but use after installing the resource theme changer, use it to see no more the default orb.
change that and will watch what happens.

Thanks again.:Smile:

hellfirefox
September 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hey Guys,

I have had this problem since a looooooooooonnnnnggggg time...
I have created a virtual Windows 7 Ultimate (an original one) with VMware to do some tests. I ve patched my OS, installed Theme Resource Changer and set the theme.
All works great when I change the theme. However, when I reboot my computer, the start orb is the orginal windows one...
Few years ago, I asked Lefty (Lefty 1981) beacause I had this problem with his theme: Fusion.
The only solution that we found was to change orginal .dll with Restorator and use his orginal Adobe files :/
My computer is in french so I wonder if it's not a problem of path (the name is probably not the same in french and in english). I do not know...
I have also tried "Theme resource Changer Drive Fix.reg" but no result...

sigma
October 28th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I have the same problem!!!

sigma
October 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I didn`t use start orb changers and i`ve patched my OS.Everything else works fine!

killjoy
December 30th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I have the same problem. this is on a brand new windows 7 installation. I installed windows along with all my apps and several themes...never used a start orb changer.... everything was fine until last night when I installed chipset and audio drivers then flashed the bios. after that the windows start orb shows no matter which theme I am using. I amg oing to try uninstalling and reinstalling my themes next but Im lost beyond that....any help would be great thanks.

Oshea
December 30th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I have the same problem. this is on a brand new windows 7 installation. I installed windows along with all my apps and several themes...never used a start orb changer.... everything was fine until last night when I installed chipset and audio drivers then flashed the bios. after that the windows start orb shows no matter which theme I am using. I amg oing to try uninstalling and reinstalling my themes next but Im lost beyond that....any help would be great thanks.

Ive had a couple new installs that set my DPI to 125% for some reason...
My monitor, I suppose...
Maybe make sure yours is set to 100%, before getting too carried away reinstalling your themes, man...
Might save you some trouble...
:encouragement:

killjoy
December 30th, 2012, 03:24 PM
oshea you hit the nail on the head. thankyou. setting it back to 100% fixed my start orb.... but text is much harder to read now in 1080p on my 36" lcd tv.

Oshea
December 30th, 2012, 03:52 PM
oshea you hit the nail on the head. thankyou. setting it back to 100% fixed my start orb.... but text is much harder to read now in 1080p on my 36" lcd tv.

Yeah, I know what you mean...
Right now Im on a 42", myself ...
Maybe try adjusting your resolution...
Personally, I like the proportions of 1366 x 768...
Im glad that worked out for you, man...

killjoy
December 30th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean...
Right now Im on a 42", myself ...
Maybe try adjusting your resolution...
Personally, I like the proportions of 1366 x 768...
Im glad that worked out for you, man...

ah I see...I was used to working from my laptop which is native 1366x768 but I just got a free desktop pc which does 1080p...I watch a lot of bluray so was loving the 1080p....I think I will look into adjusting font size so I can read explorer. Thanks again bro.