PDA

View Full Version : New Competitons and Prize Give Away

Mr GRiM
August 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone, I would like to announce that Virtual Customs will now be holding a new completion every 2 months and first prize will be a PC game of your choice that I will send as a gift for you, you can browse the games at http://game.gamesplanet.com/ and select any PC games of your choice up to the value of 40 Pounds and 2nd prize will be a Premium Theme.

What we need to do first however is get some ideas for competitions and rather then the staff deciding what competitions to hold I want to get ideas from you about what competitions would interest you!

The way it will work is that every second month before the new competition we will have a poll on all the comp ideas and the one that is decided on at the end of that month will be the competition for the next month, there is no limit on how many ideas you submit, they will all be added to the poll but comp ideas from the previous month will not be submitted in the following month to make sure that we have some variety.

The winners of the comps will also be decided by a poll at the end of the month and then after you send me your email address and the game you would like I will buy it for you as a gift and send you the download links and game key.

So let the fun begin and see what you guys can come up with :smile:

Edit:

OK guys and girls this has started off on the wrong foot a little, maybe I should have explained it a little better, so sorry about that, the comps can be about anything you like, best looking desktop picture, a photography comp, funniest pictures, anything you want, this is not a comp just for the theme builders or pro designers, this is a comp for all members to have a go at, also this is not a replacement for the theme building comps and as Harvey just mentioned, a Aimp Skinning competition, I would like these comp ideas to be something that all members can have a go at.

gor17981
August 9th, 2012, 05:04 PM
What an awesome idea mate, and a great gesture with the prize! :Smile:

Lets see some ideas flowing in folks :happy:

August 9th, 2012, 05:35 PM
i think i will start this off with simply space sifi.

themes like the borg that i mentioned, themes based off tv space sifi shows, themes based off space sifi movies, etc....

great idea grim.

faizalotai
August 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Great idea Mark :happy:

razorsedge
August 9th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Beautiful Mark that's a great idea :)

Lets hear your thoughts and suggestions on what you would like to see on the site as well do you feel there is anything we need or have and don't need let us know we value your input :)

MrToxicCodes
August 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I would like to see personaly some more future realistic/ gaming themes. Themes like startcraft2 and stuff. that just me. There alot of cars,babes, and ailens themes. so why not get some gaming themes out there as well

August 9th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Beautiful Mark that's a great idea :)

Lets hear your thoughts and suggestions on what you would like to see on the site as well do you feel there is anything we need or have and don't need let us know we value your input :)

yeah take my three threads for winstep in the chill out room and create a winstep section under desktop docks in the downloads section. lollollol

razorsedge
August 9th, 2012, 10:30 PM
yeah take my three threads for winstep in the chill out room and create a winstep section under desktop docks in the downloads section. lollollol

lol I actually just moved them to where they should be in sections lmao

but yes I can do a winstep section for anything to do with winstep right now and move them into one no problem lol

August 9th, 2012, 10:33 PM
lol I actually just moved them to where they should be in sections lmao

but yes I can do a winstep section for anything to do with winstep right now and move them into one no problem lol

OMG this is getting to be too funny, than bud

razorsedge
August 9th, 2012, 10:39 PM

there u go bud a winstep section is here now http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1101-Winstep

:)

Danice
August 10th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Awhhhh :crying: i can't and don't know how to create a theme . huhu. Goodluck to everyone :grim:

razorsedge
August 10th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Awhhhh :crying: i can't and don't know how to create a theme . huhu. Goodluck to everyone :grim:

Not just themes bud if there is other things you would like to see comps on maybe wallpaper making comps or do you have any other suggestions for other types of comps we would like to hear them please feel free to suggest what you would like to see as well the more member input the better :)

nofx1994
August 10th, 2012, 02:36 AM
i say do an aimp skinning competition

Mr GRiM
August 10th, 2012, 03:53 AM
OK guys and girls this has started off on the wrong foot a little, maybe I should have explained it a little better, so sorry about that, the comps can be about anything you like, best looking desktop picture, a photography comp, funniest pictures, anything you want, this is not a comp just for the theme builders or pro designers, this is a comp for all members to have a go at, also this is not a replacement for the theme building comps and as Harvey just mentioned, a Aimp Skinning competition, I would like these comp ideas to be something that all members can have a go at.

8pecxstudios
August 10th, 2012, 04:01 AM
What An Epic Awesome Idea I Cant Wait To See What idea's you guys come up with looking forward to it guys:money:

Danice
August 10th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Yeahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa! :happy: lol

designfjotten
August 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
This is a great idea Mark :D i like this very much, i can try too come with some ideas too like:

signature comp

Icon pack comp

logon-screen comp

this one can be divided into different comps like "sifi related, comedy related, technologies relatet, and so on"

wallpaper comp
this one can also be divided into different comps like "sifi related, comedy related, technologies relatet, and so on"

web-design comp
this one can also be divided into different comps like "splash screen, full site, blogg site, company site, and so on"

web-design resources comp
this one can also be divided into different comps like "resources for a personal site, music site, hardware site so on"

well thats what i came up with just now, so guess i post some more later if a get some good ideas :)

Harvey Sewdin
August 10th, 2012, 11:21 AM
This is a great idea Mark :D i like this very much, i can try too come with some ideas too like:

signature comp

Icon pack comp

logon-screen comp

this one can be divided into different comps like "sifi related, comedy related, technologies relatet, and so on"

wallpaper comp
this one can also be divided into different comps like "sifi related, comedy related, technologies relatet, and so on"

web-design comp
this one can also be divided into different comps like "splash screen, full site, blogg site, company site, and so on"

web-design resources comp
this one can also be divided into different comps like "resources for a personal site, music site, hardware site so on"

well thats what i came up with just now, so guess i post some more later if a get some good ideas :)

thats enough for a whole year lmao

designfjotten
August 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM
thats enough for a whole year lmao

hehe :D yeah, lol :D

Mr GRiM
August 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Some nice ideas there so far guys but lets get some more ideas that everyone can be involved in, I will start the poll on the 20th and then the comp will be decided for next month.

k5cr3am
August 11th, 2012, 09:44 AM
here are a couple of ideas:

a script (batch/autoit/kix32 or whatever) that does something cool
a video tutorial on how to install a theme

razorsedge
August 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM
here are a couple of ideas:

a script (batch/autoit/kix32 or whatever) that does something cool
a video tutorial on how to install a theme

not too sure on what your first suggestion is in the way of a comp could u explain that one a bit more :)

the vid tut for installing themes though has been up for ages u can find it here : http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37747-How-to-patch-windows-7-to-allow-3rd-party-themes-and-apply-themes-video-tutorial

moatlspeed
August 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, being still thrilled about the curiosity landing on mars last week, what do you think about a comp for a beautiful mars science laboratory theme?

Unregistered
August 11th, 2012, 01:12 PM
How about a watercooling kit. Pump, reservoir, radiator, fittings, block, etc?

Hellcat
August 11th, 2012, 01:17 PM
:flirt: great idea Mark, I'm do not play, do not even know the games, but some tips:
Egyptian theme: http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Egypt-3-Series:-The-Prophecy---Full-Pack-2567-14.html
Dragon and or Dracula theme: http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Dragon-Age-Pack-2942-25.html
http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Dracula:-Love-Kills-CE-3079-35.html

Ice Age theme: http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Ice-Age%28TM%29-4:-Continental-Drift-3394-41.html

ahm so many :o :)

Make love not war! :love:

YourNumbr1Fan
August 11th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Sounds great man!-----
I guess I could think of a few contests.
One would be theme-creation of course----but that's what Clash Of The Titans is all about, right?
Interface-design.....Wallpapers.....Logon-screens.....Media-player Skins......Icons.......Dock-skins.....Sigs.....Theme elements (like start-menus, etc.)......Start-orbs......
Gawd, the possibilities are limitless!:no1:

wazzamcc
August 11th, 2012, 07:57 PM
How about a competition where the participant has to hold a sign with virtual customs wrote on, then a picture is taken and posted...The pic taken in the oddest or unlikely place wins...

Mr GRiM
August 11th, 2012, 08:10 PM
How about a competition where the participant has to hold a sign with virtual customs wrote on, then a picture is taken and posted...The pic taken in the oddest or unlikely place wins...

That's an interesting concept, I guess I did say it could be about anything lmao

animeware
August 11th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Wow this is wonderful idea I'm in :)

JokeStar
August 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Very Interesting!...........I'm game for anything, so...GAME ON!

SoundGuy
August 12th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I realize this might seem rather unorthodox, but given the incredible Artwork I've seen here how about Wallpapers/Apps for smartphones?

Vegaxeron
August 12th, 2012, 07:19 AM
i think the sims 3 good idea would, but in the future coming soon the EA presents the fourth chapter the sims ( this is also good idea for the competition theme i think.) expansion there are many, so a lot of opportunity lies in it. :)

good luck boys and girls! :)

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/The-Sims-3-1077-39.html
http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/The-Sims-3%28TM%29:-Supernatural---LE-3432-39.html
http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/The-Sims-Medieval-2353-39.html

...ect. :)

webworksnsw
August 12th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I'd like to see a working rainmeter theme incorporate a recent, most active process monitoring and current ports remote address/remote host name lists updated in real time with a quick disable option.

Mr GRiM
August 13th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Come on guys, no one else got any ideas for a comp, doesn't have to be anything hard, all we want is comps that anyone can have a go at, cutest cat comp, whatever you like.

army181
August 14th, 2012, 12:20 AM
as rare as they are i would LOVE to see a japanese anime or japanese inspired theme done in the classic red , not to obvious but subtle elements

bigcyco1
August 14th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Well it needs to be something all could do fairly easy maybe

screen shot comp

wallpaper comp

dock skin comp i don't know just a few ideas to throw out there ;)

August 14th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Come on guys, no one else got any ideas for a comp, doesn't have to be anything hard, all we want is comps that anyone can have a go at, cutest cat comp, whatever you like.

oh grim you should of never gone there. lmao2lmao2lmao2

cutest cat(s) o.k.

Mr GRiM
August 14th, 2012, 12:29 AM
OK guys you really seem to be missing the point of this thread, please read my first post, this is not a comp for making themes of any sort, this is not a comp for any of the staff including myself, this is comp for all the members to have a go at, for the chance to win a prize being the PC game of your choice, if you guys cant at least read what this thread is about then I might as well just scrape the idea.

Mr GRiM
August 14th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Well it needs to be something all could do fairly easy maybe

screen shot comp

wallpaper comp

dock skin comp

A couple of those are not bad Josh but I want these comp ideas to come from the members, that was the whole point of making this thread here in the first place, seems that all the members keep doing is using it as a theme request thread instead.

bigcyco1
August 14th, 2012, 12:32 AM
o.k. :Smile:

August 14th, 2012, 02:18 AM
since we have a show us your rig thread why not a show us your rig comp. i say limit it to 4 images though.

faizalotai
August 14th, 2012, 02:35 AM
How about show off your rooms,bedrooms,kitchen or maybe your transportation, pets, houses..pictures snapping skills..lol

SoundGuy
August 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
How about show off your rooms,bedrooms,kitchen or maybe your transportation, pets, houses..pictures snapping skills..lol

I think Faizalotai has hit it on the head, pic of your rig setting, etc.

Or, as inspiration has seem to have struck, how about most embarassing pics of ourselves? I'll go ahead and start with a pic of myself at a Luau last month to get the ball started.
WARNING!! This pic is not for the faint of heart nor those with weak stomachs.

faizalotai
August 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM
haha, lmao

Mr GRiM
August 14th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Now your thinking guys, great ideas, keep em coming and if your comp idea is selected SoundGuy then we may already have a winner lmao

Danice
August 15th, 2012, 03:04 AM

Photography Comp! :superman:

wazzamcc
August 18th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Okay i maybe totally missing the mark but lets have some fun.... how about a competition where we use our creative skills and spell out the words VIRTUAL CUSTOMS using any material you can imagine, could be sticks, but really any random materials.... the most imaginative pic taken wins lol...

Mr GRiM
August 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM
OK well I am going to add all the ideas to a poll tomorrow and we will pick next months members comp.

vlad tepes
August 25th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks Mr. Grimm, great is you
lmao

regards.

:party2:

max68
August 26th, 2012, 03:02 PM
beautiful initiative thanks

MOST_WASTED
August 28th, 2012, 12:28 AM
very cool idea. so exciting i cant wait to see all the different designs and art and stuff from everyone :Smile:

Mr GRiM
October 15th, 2012, 05:38 PM
OK guys time to start getting some more ideas for the next comp, don't be shy, anyone can have a go, it can be about anything you like, all it takes is the most amount of votes and that is the comp we will have, make it as easy as you want.

peter.pan
October 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Hi Mr Grim...
How about VLC Player Skins:Peace:

October 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
aimp3 skins gets my vote.

faizalotai
October 15th, 2012, 08:03 PM
How about who's the most handsome or beautiful person in Virtual Customs lmao, just post your own unique picture XD

Big V
October 15th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I would like to see someone tackle The KMPlayer skins also so maybe a media player skin comp that could include any player Aimp, Kmp, VLC, Xion, etc.

October 15th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I would like to see someone tackle The KMPlayer skins also so maybe a media player skin comp that could include any player Aimp, Kmp, VLC, Xion, etc.

Big V (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V), got my vote on this.

SoundGuy
October 15th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Most attractive or handsome? That leaves me out in the cold. Now, if it were for most unattractive or outlandish...

Big V
October 23rd, 2012, 06:06 AM
OK guys time to start getting some more ideas for the next comp, don't be shy, anyone can have a go, it can be about anything you like, all it takes is the most amount of votes and that is the comp we will have, make it as easy as you want.

Come on guys let have some ideas!!
Remember the winner of the comp gets a free game from Mr Grim.
The comp can be about anything.
This is something that the non theme builders can compete in.
Have a look around the site is there something you would like to try making yourself?
Why not nominate that project for the comp!
It could yield you a game or a premium theme while enjoying the fun of creating something to beautify your desktop.

peter.pan
October 23rd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Good Morning from Hungary.....
How about Firefox Skins...
Or VLC Player Skins... :peace:

SoundGuy
October 23rd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Since Halloween is coming up how about a Halloween Theme or photo contest? Could be costume, Halloween decorations of homes, offices, whatever?

max68
October 24th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Since it is Halloween I would say it's a good competition

Mr GRiM
October 24th, 2012, 02:38 PM
OK guys lets skip the poll on this one and we will have a Halloween comp, start your entries now, we don't have much time till Halloween so might as well start asap :smile:

deviantdon
October 29th, 2012, 05:14 AM
how about an alienware theme comp?? hmmmmm.....:Smile:

Mr GRiM
October 29th, 2012, 05:57 AM
how about an alienware theme comp?? hmmmmm.....:Smile:

This is not a comp for the theme makers Don, this is a comp for all of the members to be able to participate in, it doesn't have to involve any sort of art work, I just wanted this to be fun ideas for the members to get involved and win some free prizes.

bgjerlow designs
October 29th, 2012, 08:41 AM
How about "Best Halloween-themed desktop"? ;)

Mr GRiM
October 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM
The comp has already started 5 days ago but so far there seems to be little interest http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/46188-Halloween-Competition-Prize-Give-Away

abdo70
October 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah:tu: Mark http://www.comicheroes.co.uk/images/gifs/Simpsons/0032.gifhttp://www.comicheroes.co.uk/images/gifs/Simpsons/0032.gif

gondudy
February 17th, 2013, 06:50 AM
kooooool

beagleman1701
July 1st, 2013, 06:37 AM
How about who could do the best Warhouse 13 or syfy channel Scifi series theme and theme specific as many Great artist that are here Holy Cow!!!!!!!!

deviantdon
July 1st, 2013, 01:10 PM
how about an alienware theme comp Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM)

IceBabee
July 2nd, 2013, 06:20 AM
Awesome....Sweet....sounds like a winner to me! :)

Harvey Sewdin
July 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
how about an alienware theme comp Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM)

That means a win for you hehe lmao

MOST_WASTED
August 20th, 2013, 10:36 AM
dark hi-tec wallpaper contest! :laughing: haha no no no ... yes lol

ONE MAN ARMY
August 21st, 2013, 04:01 AM
I like that Idea. Hi Tech . HD Wallpaper contest. That sounds fun. But I do agree. we need a comp that everyone can get involved in. there are lots of members that dont do graphics. But we could always have two comps. Hey Grim, Let us know whats up. I would like to get involved with a comp. Hit me up on skype we can come up with somthing.

MOST_WASTED
August 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM
whatever the comp will be im just thinkin it'd be fun to join one. win or lose it will be good practice

Mr GRiM
August 21st, 2013, 05:50 AM
I like that Idea. Hi Tech . HD Wallpaper contest. That sounds fun. But I do agree. we need a comp that everyone can get involved in. there are lots of members that dont do graphics. But we could always have two comps. Hey Grim, Let us know whats up. I would like to get involved with a comp. Hit me up on skype we can come up with somthing.

Hi mate I will let you organize it if you want mate, I will provide the prize, a free premium theme, a PC game of your choice, or maybe something else like a free license for start is back or Aero Glass for Windows 8 or possibly all of those for 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners.

ONE MAN ARMY
August 21st, 2013, 06:46 AM
Sounds good Grim. I will set something up for the beginning of September. I do like the idea of a Wallpaper contest. Any style wall. That is something I feel everyone here on vc could do Even if your just learning PS. it will be good practice on a wallpaper.

cybacreep
August 21st, 2013, 09:07 AM
HD Wallpaper contest count me in Guys :money:

The Archiver
August 21st, 2013, 09:44 AM
good idea :Smile:

kenny29
November 13th, 2013, 11:29 PM
why not do something useful at the same time?
like most good tutorial on this or that software? or something like that?
but it can benefit to everyone.
it's just an idea :D

November 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
why not do something useful at the same time?
like most good tutorial on this or that software? or something like that?
but it can benefit to everyone.
it's just an idea :D

yes something serious for a change. i vote for posters, walls, gifs, themes, etc.... against the tpp aka trans-pacific partnership, cispa, sopa, prism, and other internet censorship proposals.

ONE MAN ARMY
November 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Thats interesting a Best tutorial Comp. That would be very useful to everyone here.

deviantdon
December 2nd, 2013, 02:44 AM
we need a christmas comp people.:laughing:

December 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
we need a christmas comp people.:laughing:

yes we do, based off the doctor who christmas specials. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

hbhhhhh
May 30th, 2014, 07:55 AM
nice post

psc2350
November 3rd, 2014, 11:21 PM
Cool
This is very interesting.

ONE MAN ARMY
November 4th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Cool
This is very interesting.

This is an old thread. I am sure after Christmas we will be starting a competition up. So keep your eye out for it.

ASTIGthelegend
April 7th, 2015, 07:11 AM
NIce One :happy: