PDA

View Full Version : Help with location of start orb.

DeSiRe
August 14th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I have had Mr Grim's HUD Evolution theme for awhile now and recently acquired a second monitor. I mirrored the task bar from the first monitor and the HUD theme applied properly but the start orb did not. I'm no expert but I did look in the registry and its still the default windows orb which is why the start orb didn't apply to the second monitor I suppose. I was just wondering if anyone could help me find the location of the orb on my computer? Thanks in advance.

YourNumbr1Fan
August 14th, 2012, 04:34 PM
The location of the default orb is in the explorer.exe file found in your Windows directory.....bitmaps with the numbers 6801 6805 and 6809. You'd have to modify those files using Resource Hacker or Restorator.
The obs for the HUD theme you are using will be the png images (same number sequences as above) found in Windows/Resources/Themes/HUD Evolution/explorer.exe
Hope this helps some. Don't have dual-monitors myself, so really can't help you on the issue you're having further mate!
Good luck!:Peace:

DeSiRe
August 14th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks, I did find the images but now I am having the trouble of converting them to bmp. I tried using Photoshop but when saving as bmp, the transparency gets changed to white. I also tried a conversion program that is supposed to retain the alpha but it doesn't seem to work correctly. Anyone that can help me from here?

_alex_
August 14th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks, I did find the images but now I am having the trouble of converting them to bmp. I tried using Photoshop but when saving as bmp, the transparency gets changed to white. I also tried a conversion program that is supposed to retain the alpha but it doesn't seem to work correctly. Anyone that can help me from here?

Hey

i'm using start orb changer, is a program that do that for you, even you choose bmp or png files, it keeps the transparency...

Hope it helps...:-)

DeSiRe
August 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Hey

i'm using start orb changer, is a program that do that for you, even you choose bmp or png files, it keeps the transparency...

Hope it helps...:-)

This did work but it patches 6801,6805,6809 with the same image. It doesn't look as good as the other monitors hover but its good enough for me lol. Thanks.