PDA

View Full Version : Start menu issues

MrToxicCodes
September 3rd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Hey everyone i downloaded a theme called HKS Evo red i think. I installed it and the start menu looks like crap if you can help me fix this thanks alot

8pecxstudios
September 3rd, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hey everyone i downloaded a theme called HKS Evo red i think. I installed it and the start menu looks like crap if you can help me fix this thanks alot

Hi Bud Try Only Having 5-6 items pinned in your start menu ok that should fix it right up :)

lady augustin
September 16th, 2012, 12:53 AM
I also had the same problem, I am very grateful for the theme but I couldnt really use it because it was also missing the the shut down buttons also. I only have 3 buttons pinned at the moment. the ones in blue. I haven't changed my old theme out because I didn't know if it was a fix yet:crying:. Also I do not have the ability to view my other programs. Any Help would be appreciated please :girl:

Big V
September 16th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Try right clicking the start menu select property's under the startmenu tab select customize and reduce the number of recent programs to display to 8 or 10 and see if that helps

faizalotai
September 16th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Its seems fine for me..

lady augustin
September 16th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Thank You So Much Big V and ToadyShadow101, I misunderstand when ToadyShadow101 said pinned to the start menu I didn't realize he meant to reduce the number of recent programs. I thought about it afterwards but I guess I was over thinking it lol I'm feeling pretty silly right now:girl:. I want to say thank you again and sorry for wasting your time, I really appreciate the help.

Big V
September 16th, 2012, 04:12 AM
No problem lady augustin thats what we are here for and don't feel silly we have all experience issues at one time or another when it comes to working with themes

wesleysccp
June 2nd, 2022, 06:13 PM
como resolver esse problema com o menu iniciar quero deixar com as pastas em vez da caixa de pesquisa muito Obrigado

how to solve this problem with the start menu I want to leave with the folders instead of the search box thank you very much !!!

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
June 2nd, 2022, 09:02 PM
como resolver esse problema com o menu iniciar quero deixar com as pastas em vez da caixa de pesquisa muito Obrigado

how to solve this problem with the start menu I want to leave with the folders instead of the search box thank you very much !!!
hello and this problem is if you are using supported themes for 4K+ or on the higher resolution 8K
or if is your DPI scaling set on higher as to default 100%
fix is really simple just open StartIsBack
StartIsBack\StartMenu\Search
uncheck Search programs and settings
uncheck Search public folders
uncheck Ask Cortana to search my stuff if nothing found
just disable all Search features
more info here
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/83972-3rd-Party-Themes-Support-for-Ultimate-Desktops-4K-5K-8K

wesleysccp
June 2nd, 2022, 09:26 PM
Muito Obrigado era isso mesmo agora esta tudo ok hehe, e parabens pelo trabalho que vcs fazem e incrivel !! ​Thank you very much was that even now this all ok hehe, and congratulations for the work you guys do and amazing !!

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
June 2nd, 2022, 09:39 PM
Muito Obrigado era isso mesmo agora esta tudo ok hehe, e parabens pelo trabalho que vcs fazem e incrivel !! ​Thank you very much was that even now this all ok hehe, and congratulations for the work you guys do and amazing !!
:flirt::f:
:welcome: