PDA

View Full Version : need help please

deviantdon
September 6th, 2012, 04:18 AM
i am looking for someone that can resize some parts of a rainmeter skin that i have so that they will fit my screen....
let me know if this is possable and i can email to you.. thanks..

YourNumbr1Fan
September 6th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Very VERY possible m8!---In fact, as easy as pie!------Upload the skin here.

...let me know if this is possable and i can email to you.. thanks..

deviantdon
September 6th, 2012, 04:41 AM

thanks alot brother. i need them to be about h=300 w=300 on all for it to look right... i tryed but for some reason i couldnt get the fan right...

YourNumbr1Fan
September 6th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Sorry I was offline most of the night bro!----I'm working on them now; have been for a couple of hours....Boy, this is turning out to be a LOT more difficult than I thought!:worried:

YourNumbr1Fan
September 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM
:shocked:OMG.....I think I bit off more than I can chew bro! LOL! I tried for 2 hours to get these fans right.....AAAggghhh!-----Ready to pull my hair out!
I should have known there was going to be some serious MATH involved. Nothing is ever "as easy as pie", except damned pie, right?! LOL! I tried all I knew to do with the coding, but, like you, I'm missing something here. The images of course were the easy part, right? LOL!
But the .ini file codings are a m.f.!!!!!------Please just be patient bro; surely someone else with more knowledge in RM skins and mathematics will see this and help us out. Sorry I failed. Maybe someone at DeviantArt can help you. Check with this gal: Indigo-Glow (http://indigo-glow.deviantart.com/) ....She's into RainMeter-skins, and is pretty smart with the coding.

Also, please keep me updated!, and thanks 4 the Friend Request! (I added you, of course):Peace:

September 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Here you go mate. I think i covered all.:Smile:

YourNumbr1Fan
September 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Alright!----Thanks for coming to the rescue man!:Peace:

Looks gr8 to me!:

Here you go mate. I think i covered all.:Smile:

September 6th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Alright!----Thanks for coming to the rescue man!:Peace:

NP mate.:Smile: You were right, it was math involved but not that serious. lol

YourNumbr1Fan
September 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I was getting the fan spinning around within the bg, but not rotating! LOL! What part of the code controlled that action m8?

Swirlman1
September 6th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I was getting the fan spinning around within the bg, but not rotating! LOL! What part of the code controlled that action m8?

Well I had this problem with the exact same rainmeter skin and fixed it a while back. I didn't need to go into notepad all that often to change it. I just had to go into photoshop and re-size the images accordingly. The problem you might have had is that you can't trim the image. You have to open the original image and the resize it and leave the background space in it. That was easier for me. Although if you decide to trim the images it will look different because the code in notepad has set x and y cood and set height and width dimensions so it causes the problem you described where the fan will spin around the background instead of rotating.

peter.pan
September 6th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Well I had this problem with the exact same rainmeter skin and fixed it a while back. I didn't need to go into notepad all that often to change it. I just had to go into photoshop and re-size the images accordingly. The problem you might have had is that you can't trim the image. You have to open the original image and the resize it and leave the background space in it. That was easier for me. Although if you decide to trim the images it will look different because the code in notepad has set x and y cood and set height and width dimensions so it causes the problem you described where the fan will spin around the background instead of rotating.

Hi Swirlman1 is right, just edit it in photoshop and make the same changes in the text settings :Peace:

YourNumbr1Fan
September 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Huh. I did do it in PS......But I also tampered with the code, so that may have been why I had such problems.....I changed the "H" and "W" to fit the sizes of the modified images.....Oh well, you live and learn!
Hi Swirlman1 is right, just edit it in photoshop and make the same changes in the text settings :Peace:

deviantdon
September 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM
first i have to thank you (YourNumbr1Fan)for all the time it drove you crazy like it did to me..lol sorry. i just woke up. thanks for all the work you did and the friends request.....:happy:

and to (351837 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/168452-351837)) thank yo so much for helping out and coming to the rescue on this one....:Peace:

YourNumbr1Fan
September 6th, 2012, 05:24 PM
No problem bud!---I like a chance to learn something new!----Glad 351837 came with the goods!:superman:
first i have to thank you (YourNumbr1Fan)for all the time it drove you crazy like it did to me..lol sorry. i just woke up. thanks for all the work you did and the friends request.....:happy:

and to (351837 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/168452-351837)) thank yo so much for helping out and coming to the rescue on this one....:Peace:

Swirlman1
September 6th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Huh. I did do it in PS......But I also tampered with the code, so that may have been why I had such problems.....I changed the "H" and "W" to fit the sizes of the modified images.....Oh well, you live and learn!

Hey it's cool bro. You're an awesome designer and you know a lot more than I do about photoshop, some things are just a lot more simple than they seem.

September 6th, 2012, 08:50 PM

NP mate. We are here to help each other besides other things.:Smile:
And thank you for rep and friend request. Gladly accepted.:happy:

@YN1F
I resized fan image to 226x226px and edited X,Y,W,H and OffsetX, OffsetY code. Little bit of try and error to make it perfect.:Peace: