PDA

View Full Version : msstyles

Azariella
September 10th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I would like to ask something about msstyles.... It's the Hand Drawn theme by gsw953 I followed the instructions included in the zip file and I have already applied the universal theme patcher and the theme resource changer but it still won't work. I tried using windows theme installer but it kept on saying to make sure that the .theme file name is the same as the msstyles folder name...tried to change the name it still doesn't work...

Can anyone help me on this? I really like this theme for my laptop :D :loving:

faizalotai
September 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM
i guest you're already patch your system, the theme file and msstyles file must be in separate folder but in resource>theme folder..then you can apply it through personalize..

Azariella
September 11th, 2012, 02:43 PM
i guest you're already patch your system, the theme file and msstyles file must be in separate folder but in resource>theme folder..then you can apply it through personalize..

I also did that bit it still doesn't work :(

faizalotai
September 11th, 2012, 05:53 PM
a screenshot from your pc's maybe help

Azariella
September 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM

I almost forgot... My system is running on 64bit

Big V
September 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
What theme patcher are you using?... Universal Theme Patcher? Have you checked to make sure that your system patches havn't been disabled by an update and do you have theme resource changer installed both of these are required for the themes to function. Also check your dpi setting and make sure it set to 100%

gsw953
September 12th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I have a question,well 2 questions.
Where did you get the theme from?Because in the version that is available here
the theme folder is named HandDrawn,the .theme file is HandDrawn.theme and the msstyle is HD2.msstyle.
Which I just downloaded to check and it is working fine with those names.
Also if you or someone else felt the should rename those files and folders did the .theme file also get edited to reflect these changes?
Otherwise the theme will not work!

faizalotai
September 12th, 2012, 11:15 PM
ahh,the answer from the creator himself :cheeky:

bachbeet
September 13th, 2012, 02:59 AM
I might add that if gsw is correct and you have to edit the theme file, then you have to make sure you open the theme file with notepad (right click, open with, notepad). Then you simply edit accordingly.

Azariella
September 14th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Seems like I made a mistake while following the tutorial included in the theme which was the reason when I first downloaded the theme it didn't work. D'oh!

Anyway, I had it working now but it's a bit laggy and sometimes my whole screen would turn black. But the point is, it's already working, I just have to change my OS to 32bit so that it won't be laggy. Sorry for the trouble
:sorry: