PDA

View Full Version : Critical Security Flaw Found in Internet Explorer

Big V
September 18th, 2012, 10:09 PM
6:00 PM - September 18, 2012 - By Wolfgang Gruener

Microsoft has reacted to a memory corruption vulnerability warning in its browser that was issued by the German government.

The German office for IT security yesterday said that zero-day exploits affecting IE versions 7 to 9 were discovered on Monday and browser users should use alternative browsers until Microsoft patches the problem.

Microsoft confirmed a "remote code execution vulnerability" that "exists in the way that Internet Explorer accesses an object that has been deleted or has not been properly allocated." The company said that it will address the issue either through its usual monthly security update, or possible via an out-of-band fix.

Microsoft recommends IE users to use its Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit 3.0 to defend IE against an attacker. The company also said that users should make sure they are running the latest version of Java, which is used in web applications to run exploits.

There are currently four known exploits that are distributed by apparently the Nitro hacker group in China.

Big V
September 18th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Now this is bad when microsoft tell you to use someone else's browser.
What a joke and epic fail on microsoft part.
This is exactly why I never open IE.
Waterfox all the way. :tu:

8pecxstudios
September 18th, 2012, 10:32 PM
lmao glad i dont ever use IE lol plus i dont even have it on my PC its completely removed from my OS lmao

JokeStar
September 18th, 2012, 10:57 PM
People are still using IE ???....lmao

Serves them right......keeps to kooks away from Chrome.....:cheeky:

Harvey Sewdin
September 19th, 2012, 11:27 AM
No IE means no problems lmao

Best to use foxes or chromes :smile: