PDA

View Full Version : iOS 6 and iPhone 5 Discussion

Swirlman1
September 21st, 2012, 03:46 AM
Well as most of you know, the iPhone 5 will be coming out tomorrow morning, and the newest Apple Operating System iOS 6 is already out. In my opnion the iOS 6 has a better interface, reaction time, and over all feel to it. The new features I've noticed thus far include:
1. A tweet widget in the notifications center(which is an idea stolen from a Cydia tweak),
2. A redesigned App Store and iTunes interface,
3. A completely new Map application (not using Google maps)
4. A new music player design.
5. A new feature called "Do not Disturb which from what I can tell is designed to limit the activity of your Phone during certain times of the day (Business meetings, Family gatherings, Important dates, Sleeping... etc),
6.. There is a new app called "Passports " which allows you to organize all of your Plane/Train tickets by letting you scan them, Movie tickets, Gift cards, and Coupons.
7. A new photo sharing feature allowing you to share photos and videos with all your Family/Friends instantly.
8. A new weather interface.
9. A blue colored status bar.
10. A new design for the Keypad.

Well that's about all I've manged to see that's different however I have only examined it for about 5 hours. I will updated as I continue to investigate all of its new features or if someone here mentions something they have found. Aside from whats already listed. The only thing that I wanted to happen with this upgrade is to have the ability to rotate the SpringBoard (the home screen) sideways like you can do with almost everything else.

Here are some Screenshots of what you can expect from the new iOS 6. (I am using the iPhone 4)

As for the iPhone 5. I don't intend on buying it until two things happen, it decreased in prince, and an untethered jailbreak is released for it. The faster processor isn't a big deal for me, my phone runs incredibly fast right now and I don't see the need for a so called upgrade in performance. I really believe that its just a marketing gig to make people think that by increasing the multi-tasking speed it's better. Most people don't even use Multi-tasking correctly by killing the apps in the task center that are actually wasting their battery life. The iPhone 5 will end up wasting a lot of battery life and probably won't remain alive(meaning won't be able to be used even if it was plug-in or completely dead) as long as the 4's battery. The bigger screen is nice though.

Please leave your thoughts on Apple's new OS and Phone.

8pecxstudios
September 21st, 2012, 06:50 AM
Wow lol i still dont know why people race out every 6 months when the release a new iphone and pay $400 some even camp outside the store a week before it comes out lol crazy if you ask me lol

September 21st, 2012, 12:51 PM
Wow lol i still dont know why people race out every 6 months when the release a new iphone and pay $400 some even camp outside the store a week before it comes out lol crazy if you ask me lol

and i don't know why they rush out to get apple product when most peeps know what they do to their foxconn workers. besides the link below there are 1,000's of pages.

http://leftwingnutjob.net/2012/01/apple-and-foxconn-both-are-liars-about-the-chinese-slave-labor-market/

Mr GRiM
September 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM
All I have to say is this lmao

nf5-Prx19ZM