PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ASAP!!!

ONE MAN ARMY
September 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
So I just was trying out that windows 7 start button ANIMATOR. Seing how it looked. It was pretty lame But now Im having trouble For some reason when I start my computer up i get this black screen and an error that says failed to update Bitmap '6802':24 I have no clue why its doing this > if anyone knows the fix please help me! Thanks

ONE MAN ARMY
September 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Ok well I just got fed up with it and did a system restore. it was quick and easy. Im all good now. But if someone could tell me the issue. and why it gave me that error message that would be awesome. THanks

Swirlman1
September 26th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Ok well you should have run as Admin first off, and no matter what do not delete Win32.

ONE MAN ARMY
September 26th, 2012, 04:19 AM
I always run programs as admin. and I do not beliew I deleted any files. I juts Downloaded Win7startbutton Animator. Ran it inserted .gif like it says. and then my animated .gif was there. BUt I did not like it. So I restored default. and that was it. Went to restart my computer and i started getting that error!

Danice
September 26th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I always run programs as admin. and I do not beliew I deleted any files. I juts Downloaded Win7startbutton Animator. Ran it inserted .gif like it says. and then my animated .gif was there. BUt I did not like it. So I restored default. and that was it. Went to restart my computer and i started getting that error!

If i were you, i would use a theme (any theme). Then find the start button that you wanted, download it and then copy the whole .gif or image for example Digital Led Start button 6801, 6805 and 6809 (from C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Digital-LED\Explorer.exe) from "Explorer.exe" there's a start button .gif or images, just paste and replace it. That's my style. lol.

ONE MAN ARMY
September 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks. I have done some research and that is what got corrupted some how. was that explorer.exe file. I have fixed this issue but now I know the problem thank you!