PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had this problem with adding themes to their computer?

Showbe
October 7th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Ok so after 2 days of wanting to rip my hair out with the help from another member of these forums. I have finally realized that their is something wrong with my Windows 7.

I tried to install the Midnight theme by Grim doing all the steps correctly with the other member guiding me through and it still does the same exact problem that I had before he helped me. Right now when I add the themes to my computer I can select it but the only thing it does is change the wallpaper and nothing else changes but that.

But if I install a premium theme like the HUD by Grim it works. After even installing his HUD theme I try and select the Midnight theme and it doesnt do anything but change the wallpaper. When I install the HUD theme also only the HUD Top Basic works none of the other 3 work at the full potential. 2 of them will just change the wallpaper while one of them will change the pointer/wall paper. Only the HUD Top Basic will be a complete theme change while all other themes dont properly work.

Has anyone experienced a problem similar to this? I was told to reinstall my Windows 7 as I might have a corrupt file. But I would like to see if this is a fixable solution before doing a clean install of Windows. Any help would be great if anyone has a solution otherwise I will probably end up doing a clean install in about a week.

8pecxstudios
October 7th, 2012, 06:13 AM
hi mate

if your still having issues but dont want to format you could try this ok

first select windows 7 default theme

if 7tsp icon pack was installed then run the app and restore back to default os icons

uninstall theme resource changer and run universal theme patcher and restore also back to default

then grab this 58898 cmd script witch is set to run at highest level UAC

or open command prompt as admin and type SFC /SCANNOW

note it would prob be best to run the system file checker in windows safe mode

once thats done and its scanned and fixed the errors if any found.

restart your PC

and repatch your system

first run universal theme patcher

then once thats done

install theme resource changer

then restart you pc to make sure they are running correctly the right click your desktop select personalize and select a theme.

it should display correctly.

then you can apply 7tsp again this video will help http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37746-How-to-apply-a-7tsp-pack-video-tutorial

hope this helps mate if any of this dont work then i would highly recommend a clean install of OS

faizalotai
October 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I suggest you do system file checked, reinstall everything (theme resource & universal patch) and also checked your DPI setting(default 100)

Mr GRiM
October 7th, 2012, 05:43 PM
What are your system specs, does your system support aero glass effects and what version of Windows are you using?

Showbe
October 7th, 2012, 09:05 PM
What are your system specs, does your system support aero glass effects and what version of Windows are you using?

Motherboard - Asus m5a97
HD - 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM's (from HP 2005)
Ram - Corsair Vengence 8 GB 2x 4 GB sticks DDR3 1600 Mhz
Video Card - 2 GB GTX 550 TI
CPU - AMD Black Edition FX-4100 OC'd to 4.4
Power Supply - Corsair 620 Watt PSU
Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 + Push Pull set up.
200 MM Intake Fan on side. Front/Back Intake/Exhaust and 2 Top Exhaust Fans
Case - MSI Nighthawk ATX Mid Tower

Those are my specs. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. Where do I check for the Aero Glass effects? I installed your HUD theme with the installer and it works. But if I try to manually add it like the Midnight theme it wont work.

DaemonCantor
November 25th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Thank you for the command. I've been having problems with Windows 7 for a while and had forgotten about this command. I'm running it right now just to see if I can find my problem.
Also do any of you Linux people know where I can start to figure out how to get Linux any Flavor to just boot on this Asus Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt or any idea why it won't let me boot into a Live Disk even?
I've tried several flavors ie: OpenSUSE, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandrake, GENTOO and nothing will get past the BOOT Splash Screen and when I try to load up with the /v Command it just hangs at Loading Kernel.