PDA

View Full Version : HUD Evolution Is Coming!

Mr GRiM
October 16th, 2012, 03:00 AM
HUD Evolution for Windows 8 is coming!

dayandi
October 16th, 2012, 01:36 PM
太棒了 !!谢谢
Translation = Great! ! Thank you

Please post in English Only
Thanks VC Staff

faizalotai
October 16th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Is it possible now on win 8 without any major issue?

_alex_
October 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM

Man,

my compliments, with Tihiy patch you get Windows 8 with your great theme as Windows 7, but 7 is far far more better and customizable.
Metro crap UI is not affected by the theme, so looks as hit in the eye...
Care to show the Explorer with ribbon and new file transfer look just out of curiosity...?

Well done Master!!:givahand:

Mr GRiM
October 17th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Man,

my compliments, with Tihiy patch you get Windows 8 with your great theme as Windows 7, but 7 is far far more better and customizable.
Metro crap UI is not affected by the theme, so looks as hit in the eye...
Care to show the Explorer with ribbon and new file transfer look just out of curiosity...?

Well done Master!!:givahand:

Well I am not going to ever use ribbon I think it's ugly and takes up way too much room and doesn't bring any extra functionality, it was just a change for the sake of change and to get a more unified look with Office and other things they decided to add the ribbon to, but anyway that's just my opinion.

As far as customizing it goes though, well it is not part of the theme file so to change it I would have to find the resources first in whatever file it's in, but here is how it looks unmodified with the theme.

Danice
October 17th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Okay, omg! i want windows 8 now XD

Big V
October 17th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Mark that theme looks just as awesome bud as it did when you released it for 7
I really hate to say this... I don't think i'll ever be using it.
I don't think a theme gonna help the fubar that microcrap create with this OS release.
So far your theme is the only thing i have seen about 8 that has impressed me about it.

_alex_
October 17th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Well I am not going to ever use ribbon I think it's ugly and takes up way too much room ....

Right Bud,
as expected. At the beginning when ribbon activated with orange circles we all are excited about it, when manually ported some icons into it...
Now using only 7 i do not miss it at all
I do not expect so big success in Windows 8, so less people using it, just part of them demanding themes...
Your work anyway is appreciated, you're the first with a brand new theme for 8, which differs a lot from 7 resources, so the work must be enormous...

Mark that theme looks just as awesome bud as it did when you released it for 7
I really hate to say this... I don't think i'll ever be using it.
I don't think a theme gonna help the fubar that microcrap create with this OS release.
So far your theme is the only thing i have seen about 8 that has impressed me about it.

you said right Master, i preferr 10.000 times enjoy the Grim theme on windows 7, which is stable and full functional...
Microsoft removed start menu and orb, the patch works well(Tihyi is a great GuY), until Ms decides so, anytime with update can kill that feature and you remain with a piece of crap.... frankenbuilded on top of that...
Metro crap can be themed, is a hit in the eye non customizable non fitting colors..

Masters have a nice day:-D

Harvey Sewdin
October 17th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Well Win8 sucks, MR Grim is making it much better to use. Still i hate office, now they placed a big bar which constantly remind me of office, crap! But hats off grim, always opening up new ways for us :smile:

RmOsO
October 18th, 2012, 07:51 PM
very very nice!!! : No1:

hamed
October 24th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Well I am not going to ever use ribbon I think it's ugly and takes up way too much room and doesn't bring any extra functionality, it was just a change for the sake of change and to get a more unified look with Office and other things they decided to add the ribbon to, but anyway that's just my opinion.

As far as customizing it goes though, well it is not part of the theme file so to change it I would have to find the resources first in whatever file it's in, but here is how it looks unmodified with the theme.

the ribbon ui files and setting in explorerframe.dll

Ryan_Se7en
October 26th, 2012, 07:52 PM
It looks awesome Mr Grim. Is it possible to have the 7tps package installed on Windows 8 too?

Civilian
October 26th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Yes, was wondering about 7tsp and icon customization in general? This theme will be an instant purchase anyways. Thanks to Grim for having some style!

Mr GRiM
October 26th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I have tested 7tsp packs and they are not working so far, the only way to do it at the moment is by manually taking ownership of individual files and then renaming .bak then and adding the modified files, not sure how long it will be if ever 7tsp packs will be available on Windows 8, it would depend on the creator of 7tsp to support it and make updates.

laur
October 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Well,if the new windows 8 could look like this,maybe I will give it a try again. :Smile:

Ray061630
October 29th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hello
I 'm glad that people are beginning to make themes for windows 8
it is very new for 8

excuse me for my bad english

napster_84
October 29th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Genial genial !!!

djamal49
October 30th, 2012, 06:48 PM
merci ca a l air bien sympas very good post:tu:

Translation - thank you ca very nice the air very good post:tu:

Please Post In English Only
Thanks VC Staff

dareaper
October 31st, 2012, 07:29 PM
Great work as always.I knew if anyone would have theme for 8 it would be you.Thanks.

lady augustin
November 1st, 2012, 05:02 PM
So excited about this upcoming theme seeing as I'm about to be stuck with windows 8, well amazing job and keep up the great work :happy:

TPirate
November 2nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
I'm a huge dark theme fan! That looks amazing!!! I'm still on windows 7 but that theme alone might have me moving to W8 very soon :) You guys have ridiculous GFX skillz ;)

scott45333
November 8th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Mark,
If you give me a list of the images you are looking for, I can disect a copy of 8 and find them for you. I've been working on an 8 OS mod anyways.

rachmat
November 13th, 2012, 02:04 AM

What can be used in windows 8 x86 ? :happy:

hamed
November 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I have tested 7tsp packs and they are not working so far, the only way to do it at the moment is by manually taking ownership of individual files and then renaming .bak then and adding the modified files, not sure how long it will be if ever 7tsp packs will be available on Windows 8, it would depend on the creator of 7tsp to support it and make updates.
you can use skin pack installer system to modify windows 8 system files:
http://www.skinpacks.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=53&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0

Mr GRiM
November 14th, 2012, 12:02 AM
you can use skin pack installer system to modify windows 8 system files:
http://www.skinpacks.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=53&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0

I would use your system but you don't have the number of options that I would like, your system is a bit too limited for me mate, if you could add the ability to add more options then I would gladly use it.

hamed
November 14th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I would use your system but you don't have the number of options that I would like, your system is a bit too limited for me mate, if you could add the ability to add more options then I would gladly use it.

skin pack installer system its a open source program ,you can add more files and programs in skin pack installer system folder in programfiles directory:
open this files with notepad and after change save it.
"InstallerSystemFiles.nsi" add more system files (dll & exe) to change ,also add files in "UninstallerSystemFiles" for unistall, copy files in "_FILES" folder.
"InstallerExtras.nsi" add more visualstyles,wallpapers,media,cursors and programs also add files in "UninstallerExtras.nsi" for unistall , copy files in "Extras" folder.
if you have any other problem with this just ask me and i will help you.
also if you want any other option just tel me and i will add it for you.
thanks.

Mr GRiM
November 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM
skin pack installer system its a open source program ,you can add more files and programs in skin pack installer system folder in programfiles directory:
open this files with notepad and after change save it.
"InstallerSystemFiles.nsi" add more system files (dll & exe) to change ,also add files in "UninstallerSystemFiles" for unistall, copy files in "_FILES" folder.
"InstallerExtras.nsi" add more visualstyles,wallpapers,media,cursors and programs also add files in "UninstallerExtras.nsi" for unistall , copy files in "Extras" folder.
if you have any other problem with this just ask me and i will help you.
thanks.

OK well that sounds pretty good, if you can Hamed could you have a go at making a complete theme pack for the Equinox Windows 8 theme including all of the modified system files, then I will give it a full test to see how it goes on my system.

hamed
November 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
OK well that sounds pretty good, if you can Hamed could you have a go at making a complete theme pack for the Equinox Windows 8 theme including all of the modified system files, then I will give it a full test to see how it goes on my system.

sure i will do that in 3 or 4 days.
also if you want any other option just tel me and i will add it for you.

IaN ChErNoByL
November 15th, 2012, 03:25 PM
awesome mate!!! can't wait to have this on my w8 :anger:

Mr GRiM
November 17th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Been working a bit more on Windows 8 and have now managed to get more extras to change with the theme, I have now included the shell32.dll images, the branding image and the genuine image :smile:

Dalon
November 17th, 2012, 06:51 AM
When the W8 Hud theme is finish, I spend a windows 8.... :laughing: Thanks man. Very good job. :greedy:

hunteds911
November 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Seriously awesome! I can't wait to try this out. Looking really sweet! This is seriously a work of art and it is really starting to give me hope for my Windows 8 install yet lol. I love it. LOL Anywhere close to a beta?:happy: I have been using the Equinox beta for Windows 8 but still not the same as having the HUD installed lol.

Anyways,

Great job and can't wait!

hunteds911
November 22nd, 2012, 12:50 AM
So The combination of My Asus ROG G75VW laptop and the Windows 8 Equinox theme /style kind of inspired me to make a new wallpaper. The wallpapers that come with Windows 8 really eh don't do it for me..:laughing: I absolutely love Mr. Grim's work! Can't wait for HUD to come out. So far I think it will be awesome! :)
This may not be the place for it, but I thought I would post it anyways to get Mr. Grim's opinion. lol It may not look like much, but I thought it was a cool beginning to something bigger down the road. It is still a work in progress

Completely modeled and rendered in LightWave 11.0

Mr GRiM
November 22nd, 2012, 11:39 AM
So The combination of My Asus ROG G75VW laptop and the Windows 8 Equinox theme /style kind of inspired me to make a new wallpaper. The wallpapers that come with Windows 8 really eh don't do it for me..:laughing: I absolutely love Mr. Grim's work! Can't wait for HUD to come out. So far I think it will be awesome! :)
This may not be the place for it, but I thought I would post it anyways to get Mr. Grim's opinion. lol It may not look like much, but I thought it was a cool beginning to something bigger down the road. It is still a work in progress

Completely modeled and rendered in LightWave 11.0

Very nice wall mate, definitely lots better then the Windows 8 ones lol

hunteds911
November 22nd, 2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks :) I appreciate that. I love doing graphics stuff, been kinda doing that off and on for years.:happy:

Joe
November 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Great work Mr. Grim. Will there be any other colors of this theme in future, the Orange HUD on Win 7 is still the best in my opinion.
I would be really happy about a Orange HUD theme on Win 8 x64. Have a nice day

Mr GRiM
November 23rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Great work Mr. Grim. Will there be any other colors of this theme in future, the Orange HUD on Win 7 is still the best in my opinion.
I would be really happy about a Orange HUD theme on Win 8 x64. Have a nice day
Yes this is just the beginning, I will be making most of the popular Windows 7 themes available on Windows 8, there are still a few limitations I would like worked out though before I start making any more, I have still got hope that someone will be able to bring back transparency in the explorer windows plus I need to work on making proper installers for all the extras, at the moment it looks like 7tsp works only on x86 so will need to find a way to do the same on x64.

Jaydeees
November 24th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Man whenever you release this for Windows 8 it will be killer. I am trying Windows 8 right now and don't really like it compared to Windows 7, but being able to try this theme on Windows 8 would be cool. Hopefully when you release it it will work like a charm! Love your themes sir keep it up!

Species A.I.
November 28th, 2012, 10:36 PM
CUTTING EDGE MY FRIEND :future::cool2:daman

sete
December 10th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Thank you for the work MARK, 8 has a nicer aparence.

: No1:

Virtu
December 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Sounds good for Windows 8 Users like me - look forward to a blazing red color. :greedy:

dereth66
December 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Love this theme would love to see it ported to windows 8 been using since it came out and have had no problems with it so far. thank you for taking the time to theme windows 8

Species A.I.
December 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Can 8 run Glass, like 7?

Virtu
December 15th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Just can't wait to purchase this one, for my Windows 8. :money:

dereth66
December 17th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I belive they got rid of aero wich gives you the glass look, but not really sure as aero peak still works in windows 8

n1h1l1sT
December 18th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I'd freaking definitely purchase this skin!

I moved to Win8, but God is it ugly by itself. I'm in real need of a safe'n'awesome skin like this!

TAZ
December 30th, 2012, 03:50 PM
The Windows is class 8 thems. If it is to get I would love to have that. I already have the Windows 8

Mr. grim, thats a great work

TAZ

Dadokit2
January 1st, 2013, 05:13 PM
very good theme excellent

Dadokit2
January 1st, 2013, 05:28 PM
excellent theme

Dadokit2
January 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM

good thank

Dadokit2
January 2nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
excellent work ! ........... themes?

Dadokit2
January 10th, 2013, 03:06 PM
work well done

IceBabee
January 10th, 2013, 03:30 PM
COOL thing for all the Windows 8 users! I have 7 and these themes are totally awesome! Exspecially Hud Launch. Black and gold are my favorite! Thank you for the info Mr.Grim :)

creator
January 17th, 2013, 06:04 PM
looks verry good mark :Smile:

Mr.Skiner
January 18th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Mark, I love your theme for windows 7 and would like to see them in their windows 8. Mark you can do to make your theme Pison Toxic H2O HUD HUD RED support windows 8

JockHammer
January 18th, 2013, 11:11 PM
When will this be released, need this theme badly...lol All this white is hurting my eye's...lol

TAZ
January 19th, 2013, 07:23 AM
yes that would interesieren also when it is released?
Really great what you always conjures!
My respect you have;
Sorry for my bad English
taz

adel9
January 28th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I total agree whit you bud , i have install windows 8 several times and i didnt like it due the metro thing , after i got my hands on it i kind say windows 8 kills windows 7 in processor reading ram and fast copy files windows 8 is so easy to install boots up faster shutdowns in all , the only thing i love 7 was the customize looks and easy to hack, now i using the explorer 7 start menu o windows 8 i starting to create themes for 8 as well windows 8 is not bad if u disable that sucker metro layout lol

blade2409
January 30th, 2013, 02:04 PM

MERCI POUR SE THEME

translation = THANKS TO THEME

Please Post in English Only
Thanks VC Staff

IcicleThief69
February 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Can't wait for this theme to come out, my girlfriends son keeps asking me about it for his new laptop. He likes my HUD theme on my laptop for windows 7 and I told him there will be a theme for windows 8 soon so now he keeps asking if it's done or ready yet for his laptop. So as soon as it's done I'll be grabbing it for him.

Thanks for all your hard work on this again.

Dadokit2
February 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM
very very good beautiful theme

Masterloki666
February 10th, 2013, 06:43 AM
I cant wait for this my desktop is lacking i think this might satisfy me for a while lol 60959

hunteds911
February 13th, 2013, 01:37 PM
If you need a beta test done let me know lol I am chomping at the bit lol Very cool theme, and was one of my favorites for Windows 7. :greedy:

lithiumslay
February 14th, 2013, 11:53 PM
WHEN OMG I WANT IT!!!

Mr GRiM
February 15th, 2013, 01:56 PM
WHEN OMG I WANT IT!!!
Soon :smile:

Virtu
February 15th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Soon :smile:
Bring it on Mr GRiM before my money gets finished - just kidding (take your time - shall be always right next to you for beta-testing anything you'd like to throw at me.) :laughing:

GuiProziin™
February 19th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Sr. Grim Any predictions for the launch?

wenderhack
March 19th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Thank you

laur
March 20th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Still checking everyday and waiting. ;)

bl3nd
March 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
olá muito bom este thema já esta pronto ??
: Tu:

Translation = hello very good this thema already ready? Thou:

Please Post in English Only
Thanks VC Staff

wenderhack
March 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
how do I download?

MongerVog
March 30th, 2013, 04:13 AM
I cant wait for the HUD Apocalypse To be released for Win8, I bought the collection for 7, Now gonna buy for 8 when you release bub.
Right now using your Poison theme with some extras I found elsewhere online.
You got the best theme dude.

chocolate3
April 3rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
very nice!!

MongerVog
April 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM
This guy Is Still WAITING hahaha
Sorry, I likes your HUD themes and my work pc uses win8
I cants wait!
hehehe

iRasmux
April 5th, 2013, 02:27 AM
I am new here but I've seen this theme on Windows 7, if it comes to Win 8, I also will buy it for sure :D

ONE MAN ARMY
April 5th, 2013, 02:53 AM
I am new here but I've seen this theme on Windows 7, if it comes to Win 8, I also will buy it for sure :D

Yes this theme is available in 3 colors Blue, Red and Orange, This this is currently only for Win 7 at the moment. and is in the premium themes section. There is also another New version of this theme called HUD Machine for win 7 as well, and in the premium themes section. I beleive this theme is in the works for win 8. So keep an eye out for it.

uganana
April 13th, 2013, 10:51 PM
thanks looks awsome

ShuppaX
April 18th, 2013, 01:33 PM
when is this coming

ombam
May 1st, 2013, 04:17 AM
When tentatively plan to go?

laur
May 1st, 2013, 07:10 AM
I really tried to convert the Windows 7 HUD theme for Windows 8 with theme converter and windows style builder but I haven't the needed skills yet.:ashamed:

Mr GRiM
May 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure if it will be worth releasing this theme on Windows 8, when the 8.1 update comes out none of the themes will work any more and there will be even less chance of bringing any of the 7 greatness back.

freak69ize
May 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Well that just blows! hahaha I think i might aswell stop dual booting and recover some space on my hd.... Windows 8 was a waste of 40 bucks

sete
May 2nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Windows 8 is actually bad.:angry2:

laur
May 2nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure if it will be worth releasing this theme on Windows 8, when the 8.1 update comes out none of the themes will work any more and there will be even less chance of bringing any of the 7 greatness back.

It will be worth for us,the Win8 users.I really miss the Windows 7's aero and customization.:unhappy::sad:Please reconsider it MR. GRIMM.I know users who switched back to Windows 7 because of this.

Big V
May 2nd, 2013, 05:46 PM
It will be worth for us,the Win8 users.I really miss the Windows 7's aero and customization.:unhappy::sad:Please reconsider it MR. GRIMM.I know users who switched back to Windows 7 because of this.

Laur it not Mr Grim that is screwing you out of having a great looking system.

It microsoft themself's that is screwing you.

With every update they remove more and more stuff to force you to use your computer the way they want you to use it. Not the way you want to use it.
It is a never ending battle to modify the system files and at some point you just have to throw up your hands and say it pointless to continue wasting your time and effort on a garbage OS.

Best advise dump Windows8 and reinstall Windows7

Oh wait MS screwed you again if you have a recently purchased a new win 8 system.
A lot of new system purchasers are finding out they can't easily remove Windows8 and install their old love Windows7 because Microsoft has conspired with the motherboard manufactures and changed the way the bios are constructed and configured on the new win 8 systems. So there is no going back to Windows7 with out going threw a ton of hassles on those machines.
And IF (keyword being IF) you are able to get 8 off the new system and 7 installed are you gonna be able to find working hardware drivers that are backwards compatible with Windows7 UI

laur
May 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
You have a point here BIG V.That's why since 5 years ago I'm multibooting alongside with Ubuntu Linux and MAC OS X too on my desktop PC. ;) :)

sete
May 2nd, 2013, 09:00 PM
I completely agree with you Big v.:tu:

jdmaring
May 7th, 2013, 05:25 AM
GRACIAS, Thank you

Neoandersen
May 8th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Great theme! I look forward to HUD Premium for Windows 8!

vlkaz6
May 11th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Will be very nice theme, waiting for!!!! When Mr. Green?

darkcruzer
May 11th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Thats the theme i'm looking for great!!!!

Kronvict
May 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Sweet