PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar icon hover/press problem

SOR6153
October 21st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Hi guys :)

I just started creating my own themes and i guess im doing good so far , im just having this annoying issue though at the moment and hope someone would help me fix it

i made the taskbar black and the itembuttons semi transparent black here...

And although the hover and pressed buttons are as you can see in the pic semi transparent black , when i hover over them or press on one , it turns to the normal colored buttons [red/green/blue] of windows like this..

So im wondering how can i fix this so the buttons i've put would actually appear instead of these colored buttons of each program im running.

Thanks =]

Master101Chief
October 21st, 2012, 01:08 PM
Ok I also have this problem.
But my best guess*I don't have any in depth experience just starting* is that that glow is set up but the program it self.
Meaning that chrome will always turn up red, itunes always blue just like skype messenger photoshop*and I guess most apps* and I don't know one witch turn green.
if you do not have a transparent taskband the most easiest fix to this would be to copy a part of your task band and then create the actual item button on top of that.
*this is also posible with icons witch are not the default hight but that will be a lot harder as I am finding out the hard way now*
But I hope I will have my icons*v2* done in a few min and then I will show what I mean.

faizalotai
October 21st, 2012, 01:35 PM
That was GUI setting effects,it will automatically react with icons color.

Master101Chief
October 21st, 2012, 01:40 PM
this is how it looks like in vsb/wsb:
and this is how it ends up in the taskbar, as you can see I have made my icons like 1 pixel smaller then the bar witch makes it way harder to get it right, especially in my case where I have the "issue" of that center blue bar.
For those who are following the build of my first theme, this will be a small icon oriented theme, big icons do also work but the task bar is the same height and it looks kind of ugly.

Master101Chief
October 21st, 2012, 01:57 PM
so my fix is the only thing that works?

razorsedge
October 21st, 2012, 03:56 PM
hey guys :)

as faizalotai (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/193868-faizalotai) had stated above this is part of the windows gui when clicking on the taskbar buttons the colors come from windows itself reacting to the icon color that goes with it. There is no way to change this as it's not part of the msstyle that these colors come from but from the windows ui itself :)

Master101Chief
October 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
hey guys :)

as faizalotai (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/193868-faizalotai) had stated above this is part of the windows gui when clicking on the taskbar buttons the colors come from windows itself reacting to the icon color that goes with it. There is no way to change this as it's not part of the msstyle that these colors come from but from the windows ui itself :)

Got some strange iseu, the flash and the normal pinned don't show up at my taskbar any Ideas?
If I check with restorator they are there, bug in windows cause of often changing of theme and restart required to fix this?

Master101Chief
October 21st, 2012, 06:18 PM
found the issue with the flashing button but this brought back another problemXd

edit:
the problem was that the normal image button must be transparent apparently some crazy person at Microsoft came with the idea to render the flash underneath the normal!
But few hours later all issus with these buttons are solved up to the next!

SOR6153
October 22nd, 2012, 12:56 AM
Hello :)

Thanks for the replies everyone =) , and Master101Chief , thanks for your explanation =) i will try what u did with the buttons see if it works , its annoying though there is no quick fix for it =\ gotta love the windows gui -_- :P hehe

And re flash button issue , yeah i've had the same issue and the only way to fix this is as you said if you made the button transparent , now i know why most black themes i liked before i couldn't use because of no flash color showing with instant messaging programs =\ , but if u made the button semi transparent and the flash button a really bold color , it will show just fine underneath it , a bit lighter in color but better than no color .

Master101Chief
October 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Hello :)

Thanks for the replies everyone =) , and Master101Chief , thanks for your explanation =) i will try what u did with the buttons see if it works , its annoying though there is no quick fix for it =\ gotta love the windows gui -_- :P hehe

And re flash button issue , yeah i've had the same issue and the only way to fix this is as you said if you made the button transparent , now i know why most black themes i liked before i couldn't use because of no flash color showing with instant messaging programs =\ , but if u made the button semi transparent and the flash button a really bold color , it will show just fine underneath it , a bit lighter in color but better than no color .

I don't know if you have tested that what you are saying, but when I tried that it was not enough to actually see the difrence, or the flash needs to be really bright.
But you only have to make the normal button semi tranparent cause that is the only state in wich the button will be when it flashes.

Master101Chief
October 22nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
I don't know if you have tested that what you are saying, but when I tried that it was not enough to actually see the difrence, or the flash needs to be really bright.
But you only have to make the normal button semi tranparent cause that is the only state in wich the button will be when it flashes.

Ok found another issue you will walk into*I already did:P*
on your taskbar there is also a progress bar and again someone at ms thought why not but it underneath the item button, can someone explain the logic of this or is this just one crazy person?
so this progress bar will give some trouble, one great thing is that the progress bar actually only has use when the program is not selected.*normally it will however show up when you have selected a program.*

Mr GRiM
October 22nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Ok found another issue you will walk into*I already did:P*
on your taskbar there is also a progress bar and again someone at ms thought why not but it underneath the item button, can someone explain the logic of this or is this just one crazy person?
so this progress bar will give some trouble, one great thing is that the progress bar actually only has use when the program is not selected.*normally it will however show up when you have selected a program.*

That progress bar is also used for some media player like AIMP in full mode or if you are doing a file transfer, it isn't essential though and it is only really there for aesthetics.

Master101Chief
October 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
That progress bar is also used for some media player like AIMP in full mode or if you are doing a file transfer, it isn't essential though and it is only really there for aesthetics.

Thanks for notifying about the AIMP part, and indeed for the rest it does not really matter.

SOR6153
October 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah the flash button need to be a really bold color to show on a semi transparent button of the taskbar , i guess for me its better to have the normal buttons a bit less than fully transparent , or transparent all the way so flash button and progress colors in that case would show up :)