PDA

View Full Version : Is this Possible?

ONE MAN ARMY
October 24th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Does any know if it is possible to change/customize the glass frames around win7 user account picture. ! How would I go about changing this?? If its possible! really dont care for the glass look. 59256

Big V
October 24th, 2012, 01:14 AM
don't think i have ever seen that one changed.
I know the one on the startmenu can be changed in the exploror.exe in your theme theme folder using resource changer image 7013
and the logon frame is in the authi.dll in system32 and system wow

deviantdon
October 24th, 2012, 03:26 AM
http://www.door2windows.com/windows-7-user-picture-frame-changer-change-your-user-picture-frame-with-one-click

Big V
October 24th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Don he pm'd me and it actually the logon user frame he trying to change
I don't recommend using those 3rd party apps as down the road they will cause you problems
Just like a lot of start orb changers cause problems for people changing themes and the orbs not changing anymore

The best way to change it is to manually edit the .dll's
In his case is authi.dll in system32 and system wow folders

ONE MAN ARMY
October 24th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Ya I edited what I thought was the right images but now I completely screwed my computer up. I cant get back to the desktop, just a black screen. I am in the process of fixing this . I made a back up but I cant get to it to replace the one that i edited. Argh.

October 24th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Don he pm'd me and it actually the logon user frame he trying to change
I don't recommend using those 3rd party apps as down the road they will cause you problems
Just like a lot of start orb changers cause problems for people changing themes and the orbs not changing anymore

The best way to change it is to manually edit the .dll's
In his case is authi.dll in system32 and system wow folders

Big (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V), the doorstowindows programs work great. i have never had a problem with them. actually once some of them were posted here.

ONE MAN ARMY
October 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Will the doors2 windows change the logon screen because that is really all I would like to change is the frame on the logon! and the others if I can!

October 24th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Will the doors2 windows change the logon screen because that is really all I would like to change is the frame on the logon! and the others if I can!

you'll have to check his site to see if they will. i just change the user image and logon wall, not the user frame.

8pecxstudios
October 24th, 2012, 01:48 PM
i have never had any problems with his shellbrb and system.cpl.dll app i never patch explorer i use TRC his apps are prob the best and safest for tho's who dont do it manually :happy:

razorsedge
October 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM
If its the logon user screen frame around the pic your trying to change its the bitmap images in the authui.dll for that user frame, 12218, 12219, 12220, 12221, 12222, 12223, 12233, 12234, 12235, 12236, 12237, 12238

you will find pretty much all the images for your logon screen in that dll :)

Harvey Sewdin
October 25th, 2012, 10:19 PM
If you want to change the logon frame, its really easy. What razor above wrote to change is ok. But i only edited 2 images(for the logon frame), and it worked for me.
just go to c:\windows\system32, copy authui.dll to desktop and open it in restorator. Open up the bitmap folder and browse to 12223 and 12238. put the images you want as logon frame in there. save and close. then just replace the new authui with the old one in system32(rename the old one to authui.dll.old and place the new one in there).

this should change your logon screen image frame. if it doesn't you should also change the ones razor told you. hope it helps you.

ONE MAN ARMY
October 25th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys for the replies, I will try what you both suggested and see if it worlks for me. Thanks again for your help.

razorsedge
October 26th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks guys for the replies, I will try what you both suggested and see if it worlks for me. Thanks again for your help.

Np bud ya what harvey said is right for the logon image its just those 2 I was not sure what ones u wanted as ur first screen there showing another one which is part of those smaller images so I just have the numbers for all the pic frames in that dll so u can change all the ones in ur os if u like :)

ONE MAN ARMY
October 26th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Ya I know man I posted that image to just show the frame that I wanted to change. Did not realize that people were going to think that was the frames location I wanted to change. That was my bad. Well thanks again. I changed it and it looks much better!