PDA

View Full Version : in construction

Master101Chief
October 24th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I don't have a name yet but some people might already know I am building my first theme.
In some section people asked if I could keep them up to date so I will do that from this thread.
I am bussy with the taskbar so this is all I have untill now:
*there is only text under the black, witch is from my messenger and so on witch I prefer to keep private that is why it is black*
*and in the photoshop part of the screen you can see the first design of my taskitems
when I am done today I will update here the things I done fixes and so on:P

faizalotai
October 24th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Looks fantastic bud...keep em coming :shocked:

Master101Chief
October 24th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Looks fantastic bud...keep em coming :shocked:

thanks!
At this moment I am doing a re-design on the thumbnails, did not really like them so fixing a few things.
I think that the v2 thumbnails are starting to look way better and close to sick!
I will post some pics of them somewhere later today.

Master101Chief
October 24th, 2012, 08:10 PM
so here is the update for today I will do some more stuff today but tomorow or the day after*depends how much I get done tomorow* will be the next update!
I have big doubts about the time font but I like it a lot, accept for the 2 witch more looks like a z.

Master101Chief
October 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM
for today's update, I did the calendar witch quite difficult to do.
I have mostly done this and some minor font fixes!
tomorrow I will start on the start menu and I will not have a lot time in the weekend so expect the next update around Monday.

BTW:
all feedback is welcome if you think something is ugly or something just say it!

_alex_
October 25th, 2012, 08:27 PM
for today's update, I did the calendar witch quite difficult to do.
BTW:
all feedback is welcome if you think something is ugly or something just say it!

your work is marvellous Master, you'll become a great themer:givahand:

Can you share the font?
I like it very much man!

Master101Chief
October 26th, 2012, 10:37 AM
your work is marvellous Master, you'll become a great themer:givahand:

Can you share the font?
I like it very much man!

thanks!
For the clock I use a font called techno hideo, you can search it up at dafonts.
And for all the text I use a font called good times, for as far as I know that is just a default one.
for the numbers on the calender I use the default windows font called Segoe UI and that one I have set to semibold.

Master101Chief
October 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I said I would not do an update this weekend but I thought I have a few spare min so I will use it for a tinny update:
*srry there are no pictures cause, yhea just read on and you will understand*

As I said I started on the start menu, and I am having a lot of issues.
basically I thought it was an easy concept but cause of the strange not symmetrical way the start menu is built it is kind of impossible or a lot of trail and error is necery and then I doubt if it will always work.
So I created a new concept but also that one has its isseus also cause of the strange built of the start menu.
hope I can fix this tomorrow or so.

Master101Chief
October 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM
successfully or actually not sucessfull I got stuck.

But I pray to the masters that they can help me out:
this is what I want to have as my start menu, left green bar as all program button right green bar as shut down and tinny right button as extra shutdown option or how it is called.
what I did for the top left or programs list as it is named in wsb, black is the selection I did and of witch I made a new document and saved as png.(final size of selection 95*170)
then for the lower left or more programs as it is called in wsb I did the following.(final size of selection 200*70)
and this is the result I get in my start menu:

how I have set it up in wsb:
more programs*extended*:
sizing margins: 85, 114, 0, 0
content margins: 0, 0, 200, 70*think the bug is here but there does not seem to change a thing when I change the settings*
sizing type: tile*if I set this to stretch everything gets distorted and squeezed flat*
programs list*extended*:
sizing margins: 94, 0, 119, 49
content margins: 40, 10, 80, -1
sizing type: tile

any suggestions from the masters?