PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with this??????????

ONE MAN ARMY
October 27th, 2012, 03:59 PM
So did a fresh install on my computer and installed Theme resource changer and Universal Theme patcher Like I always do. but for some reason when I load up my themes there is this weird little icon right next to the log off buttons on the start menu! Weird. why is this. I am going to repach and reinstall them resource changer see if this helps but if anyone has any other Idea's Please help. This is happening on everytheme I load up not just one theme!59307

ONE MAN ARMY
October 27th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Ok Never Mind Still there What is this and why is it on my start menu. please help with this issue

peter.pan
October 27th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Hi That is weird Man never seen that before.. Maybe Hibernation or sleep or log off is turned off...that seems to be a warning for something. :peace:

ONE MAN ARMY
October 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Ya whats weird is I reinstalled theme resource changer and it went away for like 10 mins but then appeared again

ONE MAN ARMY
October 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Ok Apparently there is some service that is showing this icon because when I highlight it, it says " installs updates and restarts computer". What is this???59308

peter.pan
October 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
HAHA Ya Makes sense but system updates shows up in the systems tray:peace:

ONE MAN ARMY
October 27th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Ok i figured out the fix. Windows for some reason was set up to take over that log off with that icon to let me know there are updates that need to be installed and can only be finished installing once rebooted. Well the fix was to opend Regedit. and turn off this stupid feature.

peter.pan
October 27th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Ok thats good but still weird.i never had that happen to me Win 7 64bit:peace:

ONE MAN ARMY
October 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Ya I dont know man I have win 7 x64 Home premium

razorsedge
October 27th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Ya I dont know man I have win 7 x64 Home premium

I was just looking at your thread here ya that is strange I was going to say check your windows update settings as I figured that's what it was from your first screen but the strange part is for win 7 I have never seen the icon show up there before it is always in the tray the weird part is that's where vista used to show that icon so its very weird lol

ONE MAN ARMY
October 27th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Ya man I have no clue I just restored my computer the other day back to factory default win 7 home premium x64. Luckily I had everything that I need on a external hard Drive. So basically I have been setting my computer up the way I want it fresh again. And I noticed that weird Icon. After doing some research I cam across this website with a very nice tutorial on using regedit to disable this weird feature. I have had win 7 since they released the beta and I can honestly say I have never seen this before. The only thing I could think of was that My computer being a Samsung laptop. Has Samsung features that probably connect to Microsoft for updates and stupid bull crap that I dont need. and that might have been somthing that got loaded onto my computer.