PDA

View Full Version : 3 things i can't seem to figure out how to fix

ptanner
October 28th, 2012, 05:00 AM

Well first off this is my second crack at this theme. i got to the point where it is pretty much done to what i like but i notice there are a couple spots i would like to tweak. after some searching and reading i still can not come up with a solution i have been using the guide posted by Dave senior (Complete Guide to theme building) however i still can't figure this out. any and all help is greatly appreciated.

P.S The Picture i have uploaded explains what i am having trouble with.

faizalotai
October 28th, 2012, 05:35 AM
1st image list, menus & tabs>tab(all the tabs item)>normal/hot etc.
2nd Its look like the search box has been remove
3rd I think its not possible to make it transparent

it can be edited by WSB/VSB

_alex_
October 28th, 2012, 04:08 PM
3rd I think its not possible to make it transparent

Hey Man, it is:

and if i'm not wrong, the images are located:
StartMenu > Panels > Aero > Top > More Programs
StartMenu > Panels > Aero > Top > More ProgramsExtended

Have to check, you have to follow My tut for all blurred start menu (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/42816-Blurred-All-Glass-Menu?p=243027&viewfull=1#post243027)

PS: My upcoming new theme under construction:cheeky:

razorsedge
October 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM
For these items as faizalotai (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/193868-faizalotai) said for the tabs fonts colors are in the place he specified.

The second image is your address bar and scarch bar images and colors they are all located in these locations.

Address, Breadcrumb & Search > Address > AddressBand > Basic > AddressBand > Background
Address, Breadcrumb & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Help > SearchBox > Background

the sreachbox in the start menu does not have the ability to be made transparent thats why it was removed from the menu in mr grims workings to get the full tranz menu the only way you are going to get to see the image there is to take a screen of the menu as you have done then place your start menu over it and select the area of the pic that has been blocked off by the black color cut that image and insert that into the start menu location for the search box image.

Mr GRiM
October 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I think he might be referring to the area for the search results in which case there is no way to remove it.

_alex_
October 28th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I think he might be referring to the area for the search results in which case there is no way to remove it.

Hey Master,

i think he was referring to See more result area which is black in his picture...
And is possible as showed in mine...

In his picture the search box, if you look well is completely trasparent, which i have not managed to get it...
The area for search result can be only modified the color(in my pic is grey), not getting it trasparent

ptanner
October 29th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks for all the advice and tips everyone. theme is almost done now. kind of giving up on this one as it is not really for me lol. but thanks anyway it helps me learn more about the whole process.
and yup i was refering the the area where the texts pops up and has a darkgrey background in the start menu. when i have no recent places and such in the search fields. (no texts pops up) then i can see the image behind it.

ptanner
October 29th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the help, i got my color readable now. Cheers!

ptanner
October 29th, 2012, 12:44 AM

sorry to be a pest but i have yet another problem with text color in my boxes, in the picture i have uploaded there is a black box that pops up that should have text inside it. i think the text is set to black and the background is black, i do not know where to change that text color. thanks in advance again for all the help and support from everyone.

Mr GRiM
October 29th, 2012, 05:01 AM

sorry to be a pest but i have yet another problem with text color in my boxes, in the picture i have uploaded there is a black box that pops up that should have text inside it. i think the text is set to black and the background is black, i do not know where to change that text color. thanks in advance again for all the help and support from everyone.

Not 100% but try these

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Tooltip > Standard
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Tooltip > Balloon

ptanner
October 31st, 2012, 02:10 AM
well, tried to add property text color and change it to white, no luck. then i tried to change the color of the box with still no luck (change the box to red). any other ideas? thanks for the reply btw

gsw953
October 31st, 2012, 03:17 AM
For the background of the box try Fonts & System Metrics>INFOBK:COLOR

ptanner
November 2nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
Nice that worked, i changed the box color to red and now the black text shows up. thanks for your help.

gsw953
November 3rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Nice that worked, i changed the box color to red and now the black text shows up. thanks for your help.
Your welcome,glad that worked