PDA

View Full Version : font not changing

bigdisney
October 31st, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hi, Every theme I install, works correct except for the font. The font doesnt change, only the font size changes, which messes up some things like the search bar. what is the cause of this? also on some themes, the font folder isnt inside the themes folder, so upon copying it, the fonts folder is located in the windows\themes\ folder and not the windows\themes\"name of theme"\ folder. should i move the font folder inside or leave it where it is. i have tried both ways and neither makes a difference, the font still never changes, just changes in size. thanks!

AnUfFsTuFf
October 31st, 2012, 02:11 PM
did you install the fonts into the windows font folder first before installing theme... if not try that
the search bar may be a option the theme creator wanted removed

Big V
October 31st, 2012, 02:41 PM
Regaurdless of weather the font is enclosed inside a theme folder or included separately from the theme folder in the download it still needs to be installed on your system for it to work

bigdisney
November 1st, 2012, 05:27 AM
YES! most of the fonts work now, there are still some spots(like the start menu text) that arent changed, but im assuming its the theme because i havent tried too many yet. Just to make sure, I am supposed to install each and every font thats located inside the folder? for example, the font folder had eurostyle, eurostyle bold, eurostyle extended and a few others, I am supposed to install them all correct? or will installing eurostyle automatically install the bold and extended versions? Also about the font folder location, is it supposed to be in the main theme directory for some themes, or do i need to move it inside the actual "name of theme" folder? thanks guys for the help, and sorry about the 2 threads.

bigdisney
November 1st, 2012, 05:36 AM
ok i just looked at screenshots and the start menu font isnt supposed to get changed so its working fine, thanks. I still need to know whether or not to move the font folder from the theme main directory into the "theme name" folder or just leave it in the main theme directory and merge the folder everytime i install a new theme? thanks for helping me, im new to custom themes.

Big V
November 1st, 2012, 06:06 AM
Best advice is if the font is already inside a theme folder don't mess with it.
If it is by itself in your download and not in the actual theme folder do not worry about moving it, just make sure it is installed on your system. Some themes have them inside the theme folder some do not it depends on the theme builder and how he set it up to be installed... (some themes will have font, some will not)
But you do need to install all the fonts that are included with your theme download unless it is already installed on your system

bigdisney
November 1st, 2012, 06:20 AM
so just merge the fonts folder or just install them and then delete the fonts folder?