PDA

View Full Version : Well Here I am with another problem. Different computer.!!

ONE MAN ARMY
October 31st, 2012, 04:05 PM
Here is my problem if anyone can help. Simple problem. cant find solution anywhere.

I have no CD Dvd drive. Its not showing up nor in device manager. BIOs has nothing next to ODD Green Light is on Tray wont open. Cant seem to figure this one out!

Big V
October 31st, 2012, 04:08 PM
What have you installed recently? Icon Pacs?

ONE MAN ARMY
October 31st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Honestly big v I think this has been going on since I installed a copy of win 7. I just noticed it right now! But as far as Icons go yes just installed hud red 7tsp. I dont believe that is the issue though! I have tried everything.

Big V
October 31st, 2012, 04:34 PM
I would start first off by uninstalling the icon pac as some of the pacs cause issue with certain dll's and see if the issue is still present

ONE MAN ARMY
October 31st, 2012, 04:40 PM
I believe the issue was there before I installed Hud Icons. But I will give this a shot! Ill get back to ya! Thanks

Pro Designer 50210
October 31st, 2012, 04:49 PM
Here is my problem if anyone can help. Simple problem. cant find solution anywhere.
why you Don't Try
Windows 7 - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File CheckerHere Full Info >>http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

October 31st, 2012, 04:53 PM
ONE MAN ARMY (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/186281-ONE-MAN-ARMY), try replacing the data cable, or change power connectors. more times than not for any drive it's that.

ONE MAN ARMY
October 31st, 2012, 04:55 PM
I have allready done this process. I believe it has to be something else. My tay light is on it just wont open. Nor is it showing up as a drive

ONE MAN ARMY
October 31st, 2012, 04:58 PM
Still not there BIG V I dont know what it is. Im going to try a fresh install of windows 7 agian and see if that helps. My Drive is just not showing up. Not being recognized. I tried that Microsoft fixit and thats what it said. Gave me no other solutions

deviantdon
October 31st, 2012, 05:36 PM
try unplugging the dvd/cd drive itself reboot the computer,then after the system is loaded fully shut down again / plug the cd/dvd back in and restart the system. ive done this before with the same problem and it fixed it.

ONE MAN ARMY
October 31st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Its a laptop and I dont really want to take it apart. Its all good. Im about to just reinstall a fresh copy of win 7 and download all new drivers. build her back up. once agian. Fix one laptop. the other one messes up on me. this is beginning to be a ritual.

deviantdon
October 31st, 2012, 05:48 PM
oh...sorry didnt know it was a laptop...lol still should only be one screw to take out and the cd/dvd just slides out the side bro..same thing and ive done it on laptops to..you dont have to take apart the whole thing.

ONE MAN ARMY
October 31st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Ya I know Im just lazy hoping that its somthing like a driver or that did not install correctly. See I bought this laptop. from some guy a month ago. Really nice laptop. Just had alot of junk on it. So I installed a bootleg copy of win 7 and did not really notice that my DVD drive was not showing up till now. But I thought about it and I dont remember ever seeing it after the install. Now I know it worked when I purchased it from the guy because I tested everything out. So it has to be a bad copy of win 7. Because I went to the manufacturer website. And downloaded every driver possible for this laptop. . I will update after I install a different copy of win 7!

Master101Chief
October 31st, 2012, 07:11 PM
I'm not extreamly good with pc but when the tray won't open it is very unlikly that it is windows.
For as far as I know the button on your DVD drive is not controlled via any kind of software, witch means that you could actually pull out the drive find the right connector hook up some power and it will still open when you press the bottom.
In your case this means that there is somewhere a bad connection in you laptop, so before I would do a fresh install I would remove the dvd drive and hook it up again.
most asumebly you can take the dvd drive out with one screw somewhere on the bottom of your laptop.

ONE MAN ARMY
October 31st, 2012, 07:33 PM
I'm not extreamly good with pc but when the tray won't open it is very unlikly that it is windows.
For as far as I know the button on your DVD drive is not controlled via any kind of software, witch means that you could actually pull out the drive find the right connector hook up some power and it will still open when you press the bottom.
In your case this means that there is somewhere a bad connection in you laptop, so before I would do a fresh install I would remove the dvd drive and hook it up again.
most asumebly you can take the dvd drive out with one screw somewhere on the bottom of your laptop.

I agree with you on all this I. I done the above step. i do not believe it is something with windows but Im hoping it is. I have tried everything else and I really dont want to have to buy a new one. By the way sorry for not letting you all know. This is a laptop Toshiba Qosmio x775-q1384.

Big V
October 31st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Have you tried searching the manufacture of the drive for a firmware update> I had this happen once and it was a firmware issue with mine and after a reflash it worked fine

faizalotai
October 31st, 2012, 10:08 PM
I've once had an issue with my webcam, already installed driver reviver to search the latest updates but still no luck..it keep saying that my drivers are up-to-date.. so the the only way to solved it just do a fresh installed again..

October 31st, 2012, 10:54 PM
Have you tried searching the manufacture of the drive for a firmware update> I had this happen once and it was a firmware issue with mine and after a reflash it worked fine

Big V (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V), yeah i've seen this as well on a friends laptop, the firmware for some reason fixed it.

8pecxstudios
October 31st, 2012, 11:17 PM
most dvd drives if you look on them you will see a small hole on them just big enough to fit a paperclip if your drive has one try using a paperclip and pushing the little button inside the hole the dvd tray might be jammed and it will release the tray hope that helps

MOST_WASTED
November 1st, 2012, 02:00 AM
I have allready done this process. I believe it has to be something else. My tay light is on it just wont open. Nor is it showing up as a drive
I have had this problem before (lit up but nothing happens and tray wont open). all i did was i opened up the computer and switched sata outlets, went into bios to see if the drive was there in the system information page and it was but i loaded defaults anyway. my tray would opening though if i pushed eject but only when the light is not on already. thats all i did switched outlets and also the sata cable actually. good luck with it

faizalotai
November 1st, 2012, 02:47 AM
ONE MAN ARMY (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/186281-ONE-MAN-ARMY)

Try use this registry, just merge it and then restart your PC,
http://www.mediafire.com/?bx41y6srzlt4x1k

ONE MAN ARMY
November 1st, 2012, 05:30 AM
Ok first things first, I would just like to say Happy Halloween, Second thanks for everyone who responded. to this, I appreciate all your support, Unfortunatly after attemping everything listed one this thread, and installing a fresh copy of win 7. I have determined that the drive is just bad and Im going to have to replace. it. I do appreciate everyones help , in trying to solve this issue. Thats why I love Virtualcustoms.

November 1st, 2012, 11:24 AM
ONE MAN ARMY (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/186281-ONE-MAN-ARMY)

Try use this registry, just merge it and then restart your PC,
http://www.mediafire.com/?bx41y6srzlt4x1k

a bit of advice when posting anything that effects the registry post what it does, and a link to a article about it. when it comes to the registry no one should just blindly trust anyone no matter who they are.

ONE MAN ARMY
November 1st, 2012, 11:38 AM
I agree. chucky, I read all about it before modifying the registry. I believe your commnent is accurate. But You also got to be smart enough to read and read about what exactly your going to try to do by modifying that registry. I mean you . as the person who is taking the advise..

November 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM
I agree. chucky, I read all about it before modifying the registry. I believe your commnent is accurate. But You also got to be smart enough to read and read about what exactly your going to try to do by modifying that registry. I mean you . as the person who is taking the advise..
it was nice that it was posted for you, but it would of been nicer, and smarter if he had posted information about it. so i'd suggest next time for him include some information.

MOST_WASTED
November 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
You know what my cd drive that this problem happened to broke a shhort while after that too. just did not read anything anymore, at least now we know the signs, right? :)

musclehead52
February 9th, 2014, 01:10 AM
I have had identical problem and I don't see how old this is but I run 2 burners and the first time Microsoft fix it fixed the burner go to fix it site and run the one that's specifically for that problem repair burner paths.now the second time it turned out that the cable running to the burner was bad.right now I have one that wont open unless theres a disk in and have to use paper clip open manually and leave a disc in,cause its the burner is bad.but works fine otherwise.can also remove drivers and reboot and os will auto reinstall and redo paths.