PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me why my computer is doing this??

ONE MAN ARMY
November 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Why is my computer not loading my themes, Just BLANK!!!59453

faizalotai
November 6th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Are you playing with shellstyle.dll recently?

ONE MAN ARMY
November 6th, 2012, 04:13 PM
NOPE !!! I have not messed with shellstyle.dll The only thing I messed with was I changed some bitmaps in the authui.dll ( Changed User logon picture frame) But everything with that is working fine. I just rebooted my computer and now everything is back to normal! Weird.

peter.pan
November 6th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Why is my computer not loading my themes, Just BLANK!!!59453

Hi.....
I'v had that same problem once in a while not a bigy dont worry Just reboot and your good to go...:Peace:

its probably one of your cleaners ....

peter.pan
November 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Let me know if it comes back..
this happens whenever you add a theme...
otherwise it ok.. ?:Peace:

ONE MAN ARMY
November 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Ive never had this happen before. Ive been messing with the authui.dll file in c:/windows/system32 But that should not be the reason. Its just weird. Oh well. I dont think its a big issue if I reboot and it fixes it. But its weird because somtimes when Im working in After effects and I go to render a video or image, I get the same thing. You know when you go to render and it says where do you want to put the image (output folder) I get a blank frame. I will show you guys the next time it happens. Its weird because thats been happening alot lately and I find myself having to save my project and reboot and then its good ! Just dont understand why its doing this!!!

peter.pan
November 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM
What system cleaner are you using ? Advanced system care ?
What reg cleaner.. ?
Because for me this only happens when i add themes otherwise im fine:cunning:

ONE MAN ARMY
November 6th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I use CCleaner every on a weekly basis (somtimes more if I feel like it). Other then that I really dont use any other reg cleaners. I just use that and AVG anti-virus!

YourNumbr1Fan
November 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I've had this happen on occasion....and restarting explorer fixes it. Here's a good tool: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/right-click-restart-explorer-adds-restart-explorer-option-to-context-menu
(There are several of these "Restart explorer" tools out there. Just use Google to search 'restart explorer windows 7' and you'll find them all)
Just, whenever this happens again, restart explorer and things will be normal again....:peace: You don't need to C-clean anything. It's just a computer hickup, nothing serious.

peter.pan
November 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I use CCleaner every on a weekly basis (somtimes more if I feel like it). Other then that I really dont use any other reg cleaners. I just use that and AVG anti-virus!

Just be-care-full of CCleaner when you clean the reg part...:cunning:

peter.pan
November 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks ill give this a spin

ONE MAN ARMY
November 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Just be-care-full of CCleaner when you clean the reg part...:cunning:

Why do you say this, What should I look out for. I thought CCleaner was one of the best. I have never had any problems with it. Ive used other Registry cleaners and found that after cleaning out registry it would unpatch the files I need patched to run third party themes. So this would make me have to repatch. But CCleaner does not do that. Plus I always use the option to save registy backup before I clean my registry.

peter.pan
November 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Nothing to worry about.I also use CCleaner.Its probably the most reliable cleaner out there.It only cleans basic reg parts so dont worry:cunning:

and its good that you do a backup
the problems come when people use complicated tools and over tweak for better performance then they clean there reg ..thats when the sh---it hits the fan:cunning:

ONE MAN ARMY
November 6th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Ya I keep it simple man. I have been using AVG Free Anti-Virus and CCleaner for a long time now, I never have problems. I just make sure I run scans On a regular.Because Im constantly downloading things and changing the registry. You know how it is!

Mr GRiM
November 6th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I have had this as well a few times, just restart explorer as Jimmy said and it should be fine.

ONE MAN ARMY
November 6th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Cool thanks guys for your responses. Puts me at ease. I was feeling like I was goiing to have to re install windows yet agian! lol

deviantdon
November 7th, 2012, 02:59 AM
ya ui have the same problem once in a while after using wsb,but i just shut down the system and reboot and every thing is fine.

ONE MAN ARMY
November 7th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Well I have been on my computer all day and I have to say this issue has happened like at least 5 or six times. I downloaded that app YN1F told me to download, The Restart Explorer this fixes it quickly but Im still wondering why its happening so much!