PDA

View Full Version : Equinox Beta 1

Mr GRiM
November 9th, 2012, 01:04 AM

OK guys time for a Beta for anyone who made the switch :smile:

I have released a beta for this theme and all my system files that I have modified so far, the system files are for x64 only, do not try them on x86, I have also included a few tools to change the files but all files will have to be changed manually, you will need to take ownership of any files you want to replace and rename them, the shell32.dll may be a big problem though so leave that one till last and make a restore point before changing any system files and one before you change the shell32.dll I will try to make a proper installer for all this at some point but for now this is only for experienced users and should first be tried on VM before trying this on a live system.

I have included a program to disable the ribbon in explorer but all it does is modify the explorerframe.dll and I have already included a modified one for that as well, if you want the start menu back then please install StartIsBack, this is not a free program though and will allow you to use it for free for 30 days, after that you can pay $3 for 3 license keys that you can use on 3 computers.

Also included a Transparency program but it will not work like other full glass programs and will make the entire explorer window transparent, if you are going to try it I recommend setting the transparency no lower then 225.

There are also a few other useful little tools like a watermark remover and user picture changer, I am not sure how safe those programs are so check them with your AV before use, also included is a program I got from DA that allows you to change the start screen background that I tested today and seems to work very well.

Please do not try these files on a live machine, they are for beta testing only and should only be used on a Virtual Machine, please also make a system restore point before making any modifications

For Windows 8 Only!!

Added 4 files that were updated in Windows Update 2770917

Updated the gameux.dll to improve the game ratting information background, now changes with the theme

Updated shell32.dll to latest Windows 8 version: Uploaded 19/12/2012

Download System File Mods from Mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lgjt9sc1pmcg3v3/Equinox_Files.7z

Added reg file for Window Metrics (Not applied to custom Themes on Windows 8)

Aero Glass installer all in one for 32bit and 64bit OS, includes AGTweaker (ORelio) (Mod Tusticles)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=63493&d=1373128006

faizalotai
November 9th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Looks pretty cool Mark, can see Aero there..:no1:

Mr GRiM
November 9th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Looks pretty cool Mark, can see Aero there..:no1:

Thanks, still working on it a bit but just about done, there is aero on the taskbar and start menu but I am also using a transparency program to give explorer some transparency.

ONE MAN ARMY
November 9th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Im starting to get a little worried. I really enjoy all the themes on this site. Grim your themes along with everyone are just amazing. But Im starting to get this feeling that you guys are going to start focusing on windows 8 theme's. And I really dont think Im going to move to windows 8 ever. I sure hope Im wrong. I know you got to make some windows 8 themes. Butis this where everyone is heading. Cus if so I might have to step my game up and start making my own themes here. lol

peter.pan
November 9th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Im starting to get a little worried. I really enjoy all the themes on this site. Grim your themes along with everyone are just amazing. But Im starting to get this feeling that you guys are going to start focusing on windows 8 theme's. And I really dont think Im going to move to windows 8 ever. I sure hope Im wrong. I know you got to make some windows 8 themes. Butis this where everyone is heading. Cus if so I might have to step my game up and start making my own themes here. lol

HI..
I don't think that you have to worry about that because every body here loves win 7...
Mark-Mr Grim tested win 8 against win 7 and i feel that he likes win 7 better...
I personally dont like win 8..
win 7 is by-fare the best operating system:in my opinion ....:Peace:

YourNumbr1Fan
November 9th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I 2nd that opinion peter.pan!----Mark and some others are of course making great progress with skinning the new OS---that's just what they do, and the challenge of it is exciting, plus it's a learning-curve that we all surely will have to learn before long.
But, as you said, Win7 is still VERY MUCH here to stay for a few years yet, and the OS of choice for most who use Windows. MrGrim and the others surely know that. But, again, this learning-curve MUST be mastered....because the particulars of the W8 style ui are more-than-likely going to exist in some form in all future versions of Windows. Grim was one of the very 1st (maybe actually the first) to master W7. He's gotta do the same with W8, as do the others. Win7 is great, but it WILL be completely obsolete in a few years.

HI..
I don't think that you have to worry about that because every body here loves win 7...
Mark-Mr Grim tested win 8 against win 7 and i feel that he likes win 7 better...
I personally dont like win 8..
win 7 is by-fare the best operating system:in my opinion ....:Peace:

Mr GRiM
November 9th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Yep don't worry guys, I will be staying on Windows 7, I am just doing these themes for the ones who will be going to Windows 8 so they have a half decent looking system.

ONE MAN ARMY
November 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM
:happy::happy::happy: Allright. I know your were making some themes for win 8. I was just having this feeling like everyone was going to slowly migrate to win 8. I am just so Happy with win7 I can see changing for a long time. I really enjoy all the stuff on this site for win 7 I just dont want that to stop! So that makes me happy to hear that Grim. Thanks!

_alex_
November 9th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I was just having this feeling like everyone was going to slowly migrate to win 8......

Hey,

a lot of people is migrating to Windows 8, this does not mean they will like, get used to and keep it....
I'm already ready for "downgrades"(AIO 7 ita/eng usb stick) to all that has buyed new Hardware with W8....

Of course Grimm has to maintain his mastership, and he is doing enormous job, the pity is that you cannot achieve that result without installing third party prog to enable start menu(and see how much it lasts now that updates are on the way...... :-) )
The challenge has to be winned by our Grimm:-D, the best themer ever, i like so much Equinox, well done!!!

ONE MAN ARMY
November 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I know . Grim is amazing with his skills. I just put that there to see mainly what he was going to say. I figured he would throw a couple themes towards win8, mainly to learn how . but also to be stay on top of the game. I just had this feeling like my favorite themers were going to stop making win 7 themes and start moving to win8 . ! that was my only worry! Glad everyone still loves win7 as much as I do!

Lamia
November 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Grim tnx so far for everything you done, hope you soon start one HUD Green windows 7 premium theme, what we talk about, hope soon to buy it and have it on my pc!

Mr GRiM
November 12th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Equinox Beta now available, please read the first post, very important.

Hellcat
November 12th, 2012, 07:34 AM
:flirt: awesome work Mark thanks for share :tu:

creator
November 12th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Greatwork Mark looks good :givahand:

November 12th, 2012, 08:28 AM
wow.. equinox for windows 8?
great work mark.. it looks amazing.. thanks mark..
errmm i'm not worried because i use windows 7 and windows 8 on my pc :peace:

zadar023
November 12th, 2012, 09:10 AM
hello Mark and V.C...excellent work about this theme...
can I ask you Mark how to replace in shell32.dll 632 and 634 because I can find these when I am open whit reshack in shell32.dll..is only 633 and 635...
I am test only theme on win8 pro x32...
should look like this?

Harvey Sewdin
November 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Just awesome bud, windows 8 is better some skinning. Nice work again for us bud :smile:

and guys dont worry about windows 8 killing windows 7, that will never happen :smile:

November 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), you have perfect timing. think i'll give it a go this weekend. thanks a lot.

Mr GRiM
November 12th, 2012, 01:30 PM
hello Mark and V.C...excellent work about this theme...
can I ask you Mark how to replace in shell32.dll 632 and 634 because I can find these when I am open whit reshack in shell32.dll..is only 633 and 635...
I am test only theme on win8 pro x32...
should look like this?

OK I have a little secret, the images are removed from Windows 8 but I have added the ability to the msstyles to change the shell32.dll images, so all my new themes for Windows 8 will change those images without needing to edit the shell32.dll again, I also added the branding image to the msstyles for System properties, I added the details pane back on the bottom and also gave the status bar it's proper image back.

If you really want to try all the changes on x86 you will need to get Restorator and save all my files as RES files, making sure you only save modified resources, then make copies of all your files you will need to change and using Restorator merge the Res files with your files, also I have not yet tested if 7tsp works on x86 so if you know how to make a 7tsp pack with the res files you may want to try changing them that way, just make sure you have a restore point before trying and probably best to try on a VM first

zadar023
November 12th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I have restorator and I do not know make 7tsp pack but anyway thanks...I will try something...

IaN ChErNoByL
November 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM
nice work mate!! I'm gonna try it right away!! any chances that you could start making black themes for windows 8? that'd be wonderful!! thank you for sharing!!:peace:

Mr GRiM
November 16th, 2012, 02:40 AM
I uploaded some updated files that were replaced in the last big Windows update plus I added a new gameux.dll, see notes and attachments on first post.

Mr.Skiner
November 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Mark, I hope you do not stop making themes for windows 7 after release windows 8.
And will please users who have decided to stay on windows 7

Letícia®
November 21st, 2012, 02:03 PM
this gorgeous Grim... thank you
:givahand:
but I will continue with windows 7

just until I get used to the windows 8:D:flirt2:

spiney
November 23rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Very nice work

glassyeyed
November 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Thank's MrGrim for creating this great Windows 8 theme and annihilating the horrid look of the default OS. I will be looking forward to the dark version.

After installing this theme yesterday and having to manually replace so many files for the first time in my life instead of having an installer do it for you gives some insight into the amount of time and effort it takes to create a theme.

odinlives
November 23rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
I know you said not to Grim but I am running this on a live machine, (my extra laptop)

Excellent work on this beta theme. I replaced all of the dll files you included in the theme to the system32 folder and all is good so far and I love the look and the feel of it.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/sober4today/Screenshot4.png

I haven't done the start orb just yet but I am grateful for the theme because one of the main reasons I don't want to use windows 8 is because I have grown so fond of all these amazing themes you and the other friends here have designed.

Oh and btw these icons are absolutely stunning:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/sober4today/Screenshot7.png

Mr GRiM
November 24th, 2012, 04:26 AM
I know you said not to Grim but I am running this on a live machine, (my extra laptop)

Excellent work on this beta theme. I replaced all of the dll files you included in the theme to the system32 folder and all is good so far and I love the look and the feel of it.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/sober4today/Screenshot4.png

I haven't done the start orb just yet but I am grateful for the theme because one of the main reasons I don't want to use windows 8 is because I have grown so fond of all these amazing themes you and the other friends here have designed.

Oh and btw these icons are absolutely stunning:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/sober4today/Screenshot7.png

Nice work mate, I have also tried on a live machine, I tried it in dual boot and it was all working pretty good but I ended up stuffing it up and then deleted it, I think for development it's best to just stay with the VM, plus I can create duplicate VM's to do more risky tasks.

I also have a few updated files and an updated theme that I guess I should post at some point.

max68
November 26th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Fantastic works Mr GRiM THANKS

sete
November 27th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Very good Mark.: No1:

hamed
December 3rd, 2012, 07:08 AM
Equinox theme with easy installer
Equinox Skin Pack : http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/49372-Equinox-Skin-Pack

Virtu
December 10th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Have installed this beta on my main x64-bit rig and the transformation is simply amazing!!! :happy:

Virtu
December 11th, 2012, 10:54 AM
@ Mr GRiM

Can the MUI Side Images By Gor (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52812) be also used (along side this theme) for my Windows 8 (x64-bit)? :Smile:

Virtu
December 11th, 2012, 01:50 PM
@ Mr GRiM

The second half of the Sound Volume Scale is not visible - it's getting lost in the dark background. 60155 :unhappy:

December 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM
(http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM)GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), my odd bug is back with downloading files uploaded here or on creativx. since it's just the two sites that i'm having the problem with i'm not going to go through the paces to track down the issue. is there any way can can list all the files you have for this so i can just go other places to grab them, and maybe upload the ones that can only be gotten here to whatever file hoster you like? i'm giving win 8 another shot and would like to be able to customize it. thanks in advance for any and all help.

here's my version information in case you think there is anything else i should know. thanks again.

Virtu
December 23rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
I uploaded some updated files that were replaced in the last big Windows update plus I added a new gameux.dll, see notes and attachments on first post.
Hi Mr GRiM!!!

The recent Windows updates on this Patch Tuesday messed up the Equinox Theme again - hope you can upload the latest replacement files, thanks.

Mr GRiM
December 29th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Hi Mr GRiM!!!

The recent Windows updates on this Patch Tuesday messed up the Equinox Theme again - hope you can upload the latest replacement files, thanks.

Not sure what files have been updated but I only noticed the shell32.dll and have posted the updated file on the first post.

December 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), my odd bug is back with downloading files uploaded here or on creativx. since it's just the two sites that i'm having the problem with i'm not going to go through the paces to track down the issue. is there any way can can list all the files you have for this so i can just go other places to grab them, and maybe upload the ones that can only be gotten here to whatever file hoster you like? i'm giving win 8 another shot and would like to be able to customize it. thanks in advance for any and all help.

here's my version information in case you think there is anything else i should know. thanks again.

BUMP, BUMP

Virtu
December 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Not sure what files have been updated but I only noticed the shell32.dll and have posted the updated file on the first post.
Thank you, that fixed the Details pane - great job (hope you keep this thread updated.) :happy:

Jaysp656
December 30th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Equinox looks good, but will you making a Win8 version of your Blade theme? It was my favorite theme but my old laptop died and my new one has Win8 on it. Right now my taskbar is black, and I am using Startisback with the Blade theme start button.

I found that after I replaced SndVol.exe and sndVolSSO.dll my sound would become real low if I connected/unconnected a device (mpe player, etc). At first I thought it might be my DFX audio enhancer but I was able to temporarily fix the sound by clicking the check beside the "Speakers and Headphones" device in my Beats Audio settings. It seems to be fixed now I switched back to the original files.

Edit: The laptop is a little different as it has only one port for both mic and headphones. I noticed a minute ago that the same thing happened when I plugged in my earbuds. So it might just be a bad driver, though it isn't doing it now when I plug/unplug my mp3 player.

DFX might be what was causing the headphones sound problem (possibly separate issue).

January 8th, 2013, 12:38 PM
BUMP, BUMP

o.k. once again

Mr GRiM
January 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
o.k. once again

Hi mate sorry but at the moment I am still using a mobile broadband dongle with limited usage and speed, when I get my home adsl connected I will upload the files to mediafire or if someone else would like to upload them to a file server that would be good as well.

January 8th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Hi mate sorry but at the moment I am still using a mobile broadband dongle with limited usage and speed, when I get my home adsl connected I will upload the files to mediafire or if someone else would like to upload them to a file server that would be good as well.

GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), thanks for getting back to me. yeah i've been hearing a lot lately about isp's rather here in the states or elsewhere taking their sweet time getting customers up and running. thanks again i look forward to testing everything out.

JockHammer
January 15th, 2013, 04:29 AM
GRiM found this when trying to save pic as in firefox

Virtu
January 15th, 2013, 05:17 AM
That's quite strange - when I try to save any picture, those boobs don't seem to appear. :cheeky:

IceBabee
January 15th, 2013, 05:58 AM
VERY NICE.............you da man:tu:

Mr GRiM
January 15th, 2013, 09:17 AM

Have you tried with the default theme to see if it's the same, are there any other modifications you have done to the OS, I just tried on Firefox and it looks normal on mine aside from lacking the boobs lol.

JockHammer
January 15th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah all working now bro, i think it was when I changed the font size in win8, it seems sometimes it dont show until a reboot. But the theme works Great, and cant wait for HUD, its my favorite!

Virtu
February 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
The latest (12-02-2013) Patch Tuesday updates have again messed up the beautiful theme - hope you can upload the necessary files(s.) :unhappy:

Mr GRiM
February 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
The latest (12-02-2013) Patch Tuesday updates have again messed up the beautiful theme - hope you can upload the necessary files(s.) :unhappy:
Can you tell me what it messed up so I can update those files?

Mr GRiM
February 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM
OK some great news, I have just tested a new installer and managed to patch all of the system files and the installer takes about 2 minutes to complete and that includes the time to reboot, I will release the new Installer soon.

Virtu
February 14th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Can you tell me what it messed up so I can update those files?

The 'Details' panel is missing from the bottom of [opened] Windows
The 'Windows Update' icon (shortcut) has reverted to the default (original Microsoft retarded icon.)
The 'browse' function now displays some folders as skinned with other reverted to default, as follows:-

http://i50.tinypic.com/15ytbuc.jpg

OK some great news, I have just tested a new installer and managed to patch all of the system files and the installer takes about 2 minutes to complete and that includes the time to reboot, I will release the new Installer soon.
Wow!!!
That's a great Valentine's Day gift. :loving:

Jaysp656
February 15th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I get the same problem with some of the folders being changed and others not. A new folder will be changed.
it seems that anything under Large icons view (or any non0list view) will do that. If you change the view around, then back to Large Icons it temporarily fixes it for me for most of the folders, but when I exit and return it is back to how it was.

Mr GRiM
February 15th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I get the same problem with some of the folders being changed and others not. A new folder will be changed.
it seems that anything under Large icons view (or any non0list view) will do that. If you change the view around, then back to Large Icons it temporarily fixes it for me for most of the folders, but when I exit and return it is back to how it was.

Try the new installer I just posted, it also clears the Icon cache which is why your seeing the old folders still. http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1135-Mr-GRiM-s-Complete-Windows-8-Icon-Packs

February 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM

o.k. am i understanding this correctly? we now can install everything just using the one installer?

Jaysp656
February 16th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Try the new installer I just posted, it also clears the Icon cache which is why your seeing the old folders still. http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1135-Mr-GRiM-s-Complete-Windows-8-Icon-Packs

Thanks GRiM,

Edit: It worked initially, but my most used folders after using the installer revert back to original

punktoe
April 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Thank you , this is superb! I now comfortable with my win-8 keep up the great work! peace..

audio
April 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM
so is this outdated now or will the shell32 still work with todays updates

Virtu
April 18th, 2013, 12:49 PM
so is this outdated now or will the shell32 still work with todays updates
I'd suggest using the icons at the following link (using the new installer.) ;)

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/53960-HUD-Icons-and-Extras-Complete-Installer-BETA?p=262033&viewfull=1#post262033

audio
April 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM
thanks, not sure if its on my end or not but i also can't see the posts under grim's HUD evo post.. might be cause i just joined.. but has he gave any updates to when he might be releasing a beta or any release?

Morbidity
April 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
nice looking theme man!

boutch71
June 29th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Very Nice Theme!! Thank you Mr Grim

regen
June 29th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I'm using windows 8 os..these theme not working..is there a windows 8 theme patcher?:unhappy:this theme is awesome

Mr GRiM
June 29th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I'm using windows 8 os..these theme not working..is there a windows 8 theme patcher?:unhappy:this theme is awesome

Yes you will need to use uxstyle http://uxstyle.com/ if your on x64 or ultra uxtheme patcher http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35038-windows-8-ultra-uxtheme-patcher/ if your on x86

poweredbyostx
October 14th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Thank you for this peace of art from you.Awesome theme.:happy::happy:

AMITECRC1985
March 25th, 2014, 05:46 AM
looks good...

madscye
April 15th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Any chance this will be ported to 8.1? Great work btw

Jaysp656
September 26th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Hey I have Startisback which was working fine but I've found that the shadow behind the start menu is solid and changing the transparency settings in Startisback helps to add transparency but not a shadow effect. Anyone have an idea as what is causing this?

http://puu.sh/bOIt9.jpg

byanswan
April 22nd, 2015, 04:55 AM
Thank a lot , my 8 more cool :happy: