PDA

View Full Version : Default Style for Windows 8

Mr GRiM
November 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM

This theme has a few little changes so you can use dark frames and still read the title text, I also changed the start menu to give it more of a Windows 8 look, if you want to use the start menu then grab StartIsBack. http://startisback.com/

NEW! Default Style v2 with improved Start Menu Colorization

Aero Glass installer all in one for 32bit and 64bit OS, includes AGTweaker (ORelio) (Mod Tusticles)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=63493&d=1373128006

deviantdon
November 13th, 2012, 07:17 PM
looks great mr.grim..:Peace: still not sure if im switching over or not lol. but like what im seeing...

Mr GRiM
November 14th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Added a second style with better colorization and a more unified look.

freak69ize
November 14th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Looks awesome Mark... but... if im gonna customize... i wanna go all out..... like your Hud Evolution theme for Win8 :)

swill
November 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Great work my man, gt 1 question, what win8 x64 OS r u using? I replaced all the modded files for ur equinox theme bundle and it changed the icons and booted up, but then i couldnt open up any programs or personalise it/change theme, so just wondering. I was using win8 Pro x64 w/media center. Between the diff. x64 win8 OS. somthn dont line up n causes it 2 b unstable. Cant wait 4 Hud and a nice installer for your icons.

Mr GRiM
November 14th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Great work my man, gt 1 question, what win8 x64 OS r u using? I replaced all the modded files for ur equinox theme bundle and it changed the icons and booted up, but then i couldnt open up any programs or personalise it/change theme, so just wondering. I was using win8 Pro x64 w/media center. Between the diff. x64 win8 OS. somthn dont line up n causes it 2 b unstable. Cant wait 4 Hud and a nice installer for your icons.

I am using Windows 8 Pro x64, just make sure you did not miss any of the files, sounds like you may have renamed one but didn't add the new one.

Harvey Sewdin
November 14th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Nice style, looks very clean and readable. I will try to do a black one out of it :smile:

Hellcat
November 19th, 2012, 08:19 AM
:flirt: looks fantastic great work thank you Mark :tu:

Letícia®
November 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM
good job Grim... as usual:girl:

YourNumbr1Fan
November 22nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
Very cool mod, Mark!
Man, I've installed then un-installed, then re-installed 8 so many times, I'm not
even sure what I'm using right now! LOL!
I like some features of 8, and also find it just too difficult to get comfortable with!
But the themes you're making are a major boost to 8 in themselves!:tu:

FrancisForward
January 10th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Awesome work :burns:

and .... :party2: it's win8

IceBabee
January 11th, 2013, 04:08 AM
I don't have windows 8, but nice work.....exspecially on V2!

djondjen
February 25th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I did everything as I should, the theme shows up in "Personalization" but the title bar color is still black, why?

Mr GRiM
February 26th, 2013, 12:06 AM
I did everything as I should, the theme shows up in "Personalization" but the title bar color is still black, why?

Have you patched your system files to use custom themes?

djondjen
February 26th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Yes, I have.

Syndrome
May 15th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I've been looking around and can't really find any clear tutorial on how to actually install/get this theme to work. I just want to be able to read my window title when I have a black theme. thanks.

DubleA
May 18th, 2013, 11:08 PM
First off, thanks for this theme. MS dropped the ball not having such a simple setting missing from this OS (changing the title bar text color.) As for the startmenu you suggest, is there a reason you promote it instead of more the more poplar ClassicStart option? It is also theme-able but free.

Mr GRiM
May 19th, 2013, 03:54 PM
First off, thanks for this theme. MS dropped the ball not having such a simple setting missing from this OS (changing the title bar text color.) As for the startmenu you suggest, is there a reason you promote it instead of more the more poplar ClassicStart option? It is also theme-able but free.

Yes I promote Start Is Back because it's the only true one that brings back the full star menu and it's the only one that uses the msstyles for the start menu images correctly, plus for $3 it really is nothing, I mean really, what can you buy for $3.

Furion
August 4th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Hey Mr GRiM, thank you very very much for this visual style.
Microsoft really annoyed me with the limited customization options of Windows 8...

I have one short question though:

Is it possible to change the font color of the taskbar previews?

I wouldn't want to buy a license for WSB/VSB and then use it for only one single task. Could I edit the color with something like Reshacker?

Thanks in advance!

killeru
August 8th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks a Lot! Been using this since I've updated to Win 8 last year... now reinstalled and will try the new style.

killeru
August 8th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Hey Man, The Link doesn't work anymore. Could you re-post/uplodate it? Thanks.

poweredbyostx
October 14th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Great theme,it's a cool style mate.:Smile:

pvdp
October 24th, 2013, 06:59 PM
thank you mr grim
looks very nice

toto16598555
October 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM
awesomme mr grimm

Dunecat
November 27th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks, this is a killer style--but on Windows 8.1 the jump list is corrupted. I found this info from PandaX on fixing that type of thing but I can't post links yet. I did what I could and improved the situation but it still doesn't look OEM.

mrwirez
December 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks, this is a killer style--but on Windows 8.1 the jump list is corrupted. I found this info from PandaX on fixing that type of thing but I can't post links yet. I did what I could and improved the situation but it still doesn't look OEM.

Oof... Good thing I read this. Is this still corrupted?

Mr GRiM
December 6th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Oof... Good thing I read this. Is this still corrupted?

Works fine if you are using Start Is Back.

bourboncrow
March 1st, 2014, 02:15 PM
im working on a fix for this theme for windows 8.1 shouldnt take long but its my first try making one

narco
June 26th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Just re-installing Win 8.1 and I'm trying to get white title text and min/max buttons. This theme does that, but as many mentioned here, it borks jumplists. Anyone ever provide an alternative?

narco
July 9th, 2020, 10:36 PM
Well, if anyone else is in the same boat, I found a tweak to fix jump lists in some random deviantart comment. This version of the theme has white titles, and also some Win 7 style min/max/close buttons, which I kinda like. No jumplist bug, which was the big PITA. Includes the correct version of UXStyle for Win 8.1. Run it, then put all the theme stuff in Windows/resources/themes.

https://www.masiup.com/5z3f