PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Control Panel

tacchan23
November 19th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Hello,
I just tried to install some custom Black themes for Win7 for the first time.
The only issues I found is that the left panel and the top panel in the Control Panel still have white background.
As it happened with all the themes I tried (about 6) I guess I am doing something wrong!
Any help appreciated!

Also if someone could suggest a simple Black glossy theme, without too many graphical "effects", it would bi nice!
My main request is that I want a theme where the active program button in the taskbar is highlighted and easily distinguishable from the inactive buttons (most of the black theme I tried don't have any highlight at all)

Thanks in advance!

Big V
November 19th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Did you install theme resource changer?
Plus what themes have you tried to install?
Some of the older themes that were created before theme resource changer was developed require you to manually edit your .dlls before those images are visible
For a nice black glossy theme have a look at MrGrim's Zero-G or Equinox theme, you may also want to have a look at faizalotai's new theme Spirit or Spirit Light

glassyeyed
November 19th, 2012, 07:04 AM
In addition to the advice of Big V above ensure the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" box in folder options is unchecked as this will also affect the left panel of the control panel.

Big V
November 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks glassyeyed I knew i was forgetting something :ashamed:

tacchan23
November 19th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks a lot!
I did read only the guide about the universal patcher but not the one about resource changer... after installing it everything seems fine :peace:
Now I will try to look at the suggested themes :)

tacchan23
November 20th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Today I checked a lot of themes here and, exactly as suggested, the best ones for my needs were indeed Zero-G, Equinox and Spirit.
Only thing I noticed that in all of them there is no Search box in the Start Menu... is it maybe possible to bring it back? (if it's not too difficult^^)

Thanks again!

Big V
November 20th, 2012, 02:01 PM
The search box is still there it's just hidden from view, just open start menu and start typing