PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer v1.3 betaby ~vhanla

razorsedge
December 7th, 2012, 02:17 AM

Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer v1.3.8 beta

This is a new version of this tool that will change your Windows 8 Start Screen background picture.

This tool doesn't need to edit your imageres.dll file anymore.

Changelog:
• Fixed bug on enabling/disabling another monitor.
• Added support for High DPI settings.

New:

• You can set your desktop wallpaper as background picture (not support for multimonitor, it just uses the main monitor's desktop wallpaper)
• You can select your pictures from any folder and set it as a sequence of background pictures.
• There is a blur effect available, it is slow and slower on bigger resolutions, but it might work for you.
• Tiles opacity can now be changed (not perfect though)
• You can revert to default background

Old and still available features:

• You can choose a picture and select the area to be shown as background picture.
• You can set the StartScreen transparency
• You can set the rows of you tiles (limited by your screen resolution)
• You can run it on startup hidden, so you can see your custom background as soon as this tool starts
• Save configuration to ini file.

On screen resolution change, StartScreen remains with the previous background picture using the screen resolution (if application is not running), but the tool will fix it as soon as it detects resolution change.

http://vhanla.deviantart.com/art/Windows-8-Start-Screen-Customizer-v1-3-beta-337308916

MongerVog
April 6th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Big thanx Razor, Been looking for something like this

IceBabee
April 7th, 2013, 03:53 AM
NICE......VERY NICE! Thank you :)

zookeper25
July 12th, 2013, 02:51 PM
This Saved my life..... Newly Installed Windwos 8 ... But Im Stuck on how to change the log-on screen or start scree... .. .. Search allover google and youtube..... U R AWESOME MEN... U saved my life!

Thhaque
July 12th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Cheers bud for the update :Smile:

JokeStar
July 13th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Nice....Thanx alot Razor.......a life saver man!

Dark Knight
October 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Downloader beware:

Although the program itself is clean it comes bundled with other programs which are riddled with malware, pay special attention when installing and either uncheck or deny anything that is not related to this software.

November 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
link in first post is broken, but when i go to edit the p[osy to replace the link all i get is a empty editor box. so you will find the replacement link below.

http://www.ulozto.net/xFxUGuX/windows-8-start-screen-customizer-v1-3-beta-rar

Dark Knight
November 24th, 2013, 03:06 PM
link in first post is broken, but when i go to edit the p[osy to replace the link all i get is a empty editor box. so you will find the replacement link below.

http://www.ulozto.net/xFxUGuX/windows-8-start-screen-customizer-v1-3-beta-rar

The only thing I can figure is that he closed his DA page or someone request it be closed, because he was getting some real nasty posts because of his download being riddled with malware. Probably still is.

I would check the file you have with Virus total before actually using it. Don't remember the virus total numbers last time I checked it but I do know they were pretty high.

You don't really need it anyway because 8.1 pretty much does now all that the Start Screen Customizer did for 8.

intothelight
November 24th, 2013, 04:17 PM
this is very helpful,thanks

Kikari
February 8th, 2014, 09:31 AM
hello everyone
I agree this program is a great thing, but i have a problem:
i managed to set a custom image as StartScreen background, but as i shut down the PC or restart it, the image disappears!
:(
i had a similar problem with a custom cursor, and resolved by saving it in the same folder of the default windows cursors. But here i can't find the folder of the default images!
help me please ^^

Originalganjaman
February 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Set the app to start when Windows does that should sort that problem for you.:friendly_wink:

roman2553
February 8th, 2014, 04:01 PM
thanks

roman2553
February 8th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Pleas Help sir how can i change the text color and background color on this area with VSB

peter.pan
October 30th, 2015, 12:24 AM
Hay Good day Bud..........Would be nice BUT......there is no link.......404

arion
April 8th, 2016, 05:36 PM
it s nice
:shock: