PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Ryan_Se7en
December 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Yesterday, I notice that there is a weird USB in My Computer. When I clicked on it, it was blanked. And I did not have any USB connected to my PC. How do I remove that? It is annoyed.

Big V
December 9th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Do you have any programs that would have created a virtual drive like utraiso, VMware, NERO, ETC?
Have you looked in disk management and see if it shows up as actual hardware?
Have you cleaned your registry lately?

Ryan_Se7en
December 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Do you have any programs that would have created a virtual drive like utraiso, VMware, NERO, ETC?
Have you looked in disk management and see if it shows up as actual hardware?
Have you cleaned your registry lately?
I just did check it. I do not think it show up as actual hardware. I do not creat virtual drive either. I did add a registry that allowed animation in Windows Start Up. I hope it is not the cause? If that is, is there a way to revert it?

peter.pan
December 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I just did check it. I do not think it show up as actual hardware. I do not creat virtual drive either. I did add a registry that allowed animation in Windows Start Up. I hope it is not the cause? If that is, is there a way to revert it?

Hi
Ryan_Se7en...
Just thinking ....why dont you try ..go in to device manager and just delete it.....
but before you do that create a restore point please...
Give that a go and reboot and see what happens...

:peace:

peter.pan
December 9th, 2012, 07:39 PM
If that dosent work.. try to find out when that came about and just do a rollback to before that date..
Good luck...I hope that works..
:peace:

razorsedge
December 9th, 2012, 11:57 PM
That is a really really weird drive u have showing up there I think that is more likely a windows 8 bug of something showing. The reason being I say that is look under the icon see how it says fat32 as to how that drive is formatted thats a really really old way of having ur drive formatted everything is NTFS since what windows 98 fat32 is like pre windows 98 formatting do u maybe have a floppy drive connected to your computer at all that could be what thats showing up as because really no one uses floppy drives anymore possibly that how windows 8 reads a floppy drive ?

Ryan_Se7en
December 10th, 2012, 12:07 AM
That is a really really weird drive u have showing up there I think that is more likely a windows 8 bug of something showing. The reason being I say that is look under the icon see how it says fat32 as to how that drive is formatted thats a really really old way of having ur drive formatted everything is NTFS since what windows 98 fat32 is like pre windows 98 formatting do u maybe have a floppy drive connected to your computer at all that could be what thats showing up as because really no one uses floppy drives anymore possibly that how windows 8 reads a floppy drive ?

I think it is my card reader driver that is malfunctioned. I just restored to earlier point and it disappear

If that dosent work.. try to find out when that came about and just do a rollback to before that date..
Good luck...I hope that works..
I tried t restore and it works even though the PC tells me that restore is not completed. Now it is gone, but i dont know how it is gone haha

razorsedge
December 10th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I think it is my card reader driver that is malfunctioned. I just restored to earlier point and it disappear

I tried t restore and it works even though the PC tells me that restore is not completed. Now it is gone, but i dont know how it is gone haha

gd show bud ya that had me stumped with the fat32 was like what the hell could be formatted as fat32 these days lol