PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Start Menu ???

ONE MAN ARMY
December 13th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Can Someone tell me why im getting this white Square in my start menu. IT ONLY OCCURS FOR A SPLIT SECOND WHEN PLACES LIST GOES EXTENDED. I HAVE IT SO THAT THE PLACES LIST EXTENDS 30 OR 40 MORE PIXELS TO THE RIGHT. AND WHEN IT EXTENDS THIS APPEARS FOR A BRIEF SECOND AND THEN GOES AWAY. WHY????

deviantdon
December 13th, 2012, 05:32 PM
try going back into wsb and checking it. while you were editing that part of the start menu you may have moved the pic and or missed that section.i have done this before and that was the cause.

razorsedge
December 14th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Can Someone tell me why im getting this white Square in my start menu. IT ONLY OCCURS FOR A SPLIT SECOND WHEN PLACES LIST GOES EXTENDED. I HAVE IT SO THAT THE PLACES LIST EXTENDS 30 OR 40 MORE PIXELS TO THE RIGHT. AND WHEN IT EXTENDS THIS APPEARS FOR A BRIEF SECOND AND THEN GOES AWAY. WHY????

Had this issue in the past cause was in the properties of the logoff and power buttons or can be the logoff image if you have entered any sizing properties with a minus value this will occour you need to play with the properties so as not to use a minus value and this will fix the issue :)

ONE MAN ARMY
December 15th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Had this issue in the past cause was in the properties of the logoff and power buttons or can be the logoff image if you have entered any sizing properties with a minus value this will occour you need to play with the properties so as not to use a minus value and this will fix the issue :)

Nope razor just checked, Neither logoffsplitbutton right nor left have any sizing margins that are negative. It occurs like I said when the places list goes extended. I see that white square for a split second. during the animation of extending. ! Not sure what it is. !

razorsedge
December 15th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Nope razor just checked, Neither logoffsplitbutton right nor left have any sizing margins that are negative. It occurs like I said when the places list goes extended. I see that white square for a split second. during the animation of extending. ! Not sure what it is. !

Humm interesting problem I have had the same issue in the past the box was not as large as urs or I should say as long as the one in ur screen is but the transparent box would show up for a split second where the buttons were like urs then go away ended up being cause of the way I first set properties I had one with a negative property set like -10 pixels or something of that nature change that to a normal property and the problem was gone not sure what could be causing ur issues there.

ONE MAN ARMY
December 15th, 2012, 05:12 AM
HEY Razor Sent you a PM let me know if you can check that out see if I did something Wrong! Thanks

razorsedge
December 15th, 2012, 06:01 AM
HEY Razor Sent you a PM let me know if you can check that out see if I did something Wrong! Thanks

got it bud am looking at it now :)

razorsedge
December 15th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Well this one has me completly stumped I have tried everything and have no clue what the bug is that's causing the white box to appear changed settings images and no matter what the box comes up. The only thing I notcied was off is on the logoff extended image you should set the default panel size at the bottom the 3rd number 199 to 230 to match the places list panel size when it extends but doing that made no difference with that transparent box. Tried different images in the logoff buttons and set the properties to stretch instead of as they are set to true size figured that would be the most likely cause as those images would stay the same size even if the menu extended still nope box came up.

The only thing I can think of is it's a bug in the msstyle itself that has always been there this does happen I can remember many many times when starting to theme when Grim was teaching me we would add properties into one msstyle and its fine add the same properties into another and u get errors or screw ups there is really no explination why it happens lol

But this one has me totally stumped as to why that box shows up I changed logoff buttons, logoff images places list images tried every setting and still showed up every time so am real sorry bud but on this one I have no idea lol

My only suggestion would be to set the properties the same as they are in the normal menu partsof the logoff image and places list image for logoff image extended, and places list extended so the menu does not stretch I do that in almost all my themes now don't see much of a reason to have the menu extend when the text stops at the same spot where it is in the normal menu anyways lol

Thats the best I can advise got not idea with this one :)

ONE MAN ARMY
December 15th, 2012, 10:24 AM
K thanks for checking it out razor. Glad it was not something I was doing wrong. I know its pointless to have the menu stretch because the places list does not move anyway, I was basically just seeing if I could do it. More of me just trying to learn how WSB works. Thanks again man I appreciate it as always! Till next time! peace!

razorsedge
December 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
np at all bud I wish I knew what it was but this has me totally stumped lol

ONE MAN ARMY
December 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Its cool Ill just leave it how it is. Thanks again for your help! Cant wait to see what your working on man. Im excited! :-D:-D:-D

Pro Designer 50210
August 17th, 2014, 07:11 PM
I Know it is there from a long time but i think the problem is with the content margins of the places list , the bottom value !!