PDA

View Full Version : Skin Pack authorized

julio99
December 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I was browsing some sites this morning when I came across a site that had this kind of "multiple theme app" offered called "The Most Wanted Skins Pack". No big deal there, but when I opened it I noticed there was a blue theme in there offered with "Grim" on it and I do know that it's his because I have seen it here on VC. It's the HUD theme. Now when you open the theme it has his name right on the installer page so I'm assuming ha has or had permission from Mark to add the theme to the Most Wanted pack. I hope so anyway. It looks as though a lot of folks have dl'd this pack by the dl numbers I saw. Anyway if this whole pack is authorized what I was wondering is if you have to have your system patched by UX or other to install any of these beings that they are 3rd party. If not I won't bother and into the RBin it goes.

Big V
December 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Julio the only theme that i recognize as being from here is marks theme, so i can not say what is required for those others to be applied to your system.
As far as Marks theme goes you should use universal theme patcher as UX has been a bit buggie since service pack 1 for win7 was released

julio99
December 13th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Julio the only theme that i recognize as being from here is marks theme, so i can not say what is required for those others to be applied to your system.
As far as Marks theme goes you should use universal theme patcher as UX has been a bit buggie since service pack 1 for win7 was released

Just makin' sure I'm not using something that Mark knows nothing about. That theme that's his is one of the ones that is Premium, so I don't think he'd be happy about someone using w/o permission. I used UX for a long time with SP1 installed and it always remained very stable for me. I have seen the warning about bugs however.