PDA

View Full Version : Computer hardware brushes?

odinlives
December 16th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Hi guys and gals I was wondering if someone happens to have any motherboard, graphic cards, ssd's/hard drives, computer cases, cpu's in a brush format? All the ones I found online they want you to pay for them :( Or if anyone has the time and could possibly make some up for me?

I tried my hand at making them and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to photoshop when it comes to making custom brushes.

The reason I am trying to get these brushes is I am designing some business cards that I am going to have printed for a Christmas present for a couple of great guys that do computer hardware reviews as a surprise. They don't have it in their budget and I am taking them to CES with me but without business cards there is absolutely no way to network yourself without a business card...lol

Sorry I just realized I should have posted this somewhere else so can one of my moderator buddies please move this for me.

Big V
December 16th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Actually I think the post is fine where it posted at Odin.
Have you thought about possibly using an actual photo cutout image of what your wanting?
With a brush you only get a 2D image with a cutout they would be lot more realistic looking, like icons.

odinlives
December 16th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Thank you BigV. Yeah I had thought about actually using a photo but I wanted that subtle look of a brush so I could use several different images without too much attention being drawn away from the company logo etc.