PDA

View Full Version : Need help with final text location

ONE MAN ARMY
December 18th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Cant figure out why this text is black. I know I have to either change the text color, Or The black box. If you can tell me either locations so I can change them That would be great.

8pecxstudios
December 18th, 2012, 11:02 PM
hi mate

is your explorer background black also is notepads background grey or black if so its the theme its the downside of having dark backgrounds to solve the issue would be to set the explorer background to white witch should solve the issue

razorsedge
December 18th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Cant figure out why this text is black. I know I have to either change the text color, Or The black box. If you can tell me either locations so I can change them That would be great.

Hi Bud ya this is like toady said above, why most of us won't do black backgrounds in themes we would like to but you encounter probs with text in places you end up not being able to see it. The issue more so is because some text you can't change from being black so it causes minor probs like that :)

ONE MAN ARMY
December 18th, 2012, 11:32 PM
This might sound like a stupid question but, by explorer background do you mean window color in sytem metics!

razorsedge
December 19th, 2012, 03:42 AM
This might sound like a stupid question but, by explorer background do you mean window color in sytem metics!

the explorer background is for some parts that one in your pic is one of the edit boxes actually just a sec here let me pull it up....

it's one of these ones in here Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Boxes one of the ones under edit in basic or listbox or Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Boxes > Communications ComboBox > ReadOnly its one of those there I forget which off the top of my head I am in the middle of something in wsb at the moment so I cant do a click to make a test to see what one of those it is lol

ONE MAN ARMY
December 19th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Ya I know I made some of those boxes black, thinking my text would be blue over it and you would be able to see it. But on the web sometimes your text just changes. So I actually changed window color in fonts and system metrics. to a lilttle bit lighter grey and it fixed that particular one. But for the other ones I had to fallow your directions to change them from Black to Grey. Thanks again man I appreciate it. Sucks clicking through every single area in WSB trying to find that box. lol:D\'oh!:

razorsedge
December 19th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Ya I know I made some of those boxes black, thinking my text would be blue over it and you would be able to see it. But on the web sometimes your text just changes. So I actually changed window color in fonts and system metrics. to a lilttle bit lighter grey and it fixed that particular one. But for the other ones I had to fallow your directions to change them from Black to Grey. Thanks again man I appreciate it. Sucks clicking through every single area in WSB trying to find that box. lol:D\'oh!:

Lmao u think thats bad I am going through all of em myself right at this moment for text colors dam its a lot of work huge pain in the butt but yes I know exactly what u mean I try and do those boxes always a nice lighter grey cause lots of websites use the black text lol

and np bud glad I could help :)