PDA

View Full Version : Having an issue with Visual styles.

hunteds911
December 28th, 2012, 05:19 AM
I am trying to add and image for Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ControlPanel > ContentPane

But this is what I seem to be getting. The images seem to cut off even if I set the size or set to stretch. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Hunteds911

Pro Designer 50210
December 28th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Hunteds911
These Images Are Changed Shell32 With Restorator I Think .

ONE MAN ARMY
December 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM
This is a .png image that goes in your shell32.dll folder of the theme. All you need to do it put your image in that folder and name it 633

hunteds911
December 28th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I have that there but the one style I have is not working with that one. I am trying to modify the style Dark Agility Blue to use that folder but it does not seem to be using the shell32.dll folder I created with the images for 632 and 633. Like I said not sure where I am going wrong is there something in the msstyle that refers to that shell32.dll folder instead of going to Windows\system32\shell32.dll?

Big V
December 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
You do have theme resource changer installed correct?
Plus check the folder name you created inside the theme folder Make sure your using a capitol S - Shell32.dll
Images in Png format with correct numbers?

hunteds911
December 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
You do have theme resource changer installed correct?
Plus check the folder name you created inside the theme folder Make sure your using a capitol S - Shell32.dll
Images in Png format with correct numbers?

Yup, all the other styles like HUD, Blade, and others work fine just not the one that I am trying to work. I don't have to replace the DLL files and just want to get the style to access the Shell32.dll Folder in the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Dark Agility - Blue Version\ instead of the shell32.dll in system32.

Big V
December 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
no you should not have to alter the shell32 images in the windows shell32.dll
You should only need to add a folder named Shell32.dll inside the theme folder and add your images with the correct image numbers in png image format theme resource changer will not read bitmaps

Make sure the folder has the .dll on end of the name also

hunteds911
December 28th, 2012, 06:43 PM
no you should not have to alter the shell32 images in the windows shell32.dll
You should only need to add a folder named Shell32.dll inside the theme folder and add your images with the correct image numbers in png image format theme resource changer will not read bitmaps

Make sure the folder has the .dll on end of the name also

Stupid me that was the issue they weren't PNG files. bah!!! lol Thank you so much for the assist with that. Have one more question, if I go to start then run I get the following: (Please see screen shot)

Is there something that I can do to fix the white background on the run dialog box?

Big V
December 28th, 2012, 07:20 PM
That I can not really help you on because I am not a theme builder
I do know it part of shell32
I use an altered shell32.mui.cpl that was coded by razoredge that has additional images add to that panels

You may want to have a look at one of razoregdes complete os icon packs for additional mui.s

razorsedge
December 28th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Stupid me that was the issue they weren't PNG files. bah!!! lol Thank you so much for the assist with that. Have one more question, if I go to start then run I get the following: (Please see screen shot)

Is there something that I can do to fix the white background on the run dialog box?

Hi Bud the shell32.dll issue make sure you are making the images for that the right size looks to me the size is just to small to combat any issue like that I always make the 632 and 633 images 200x1200 this also helps so they don't stretch out very much if you use a detailed image in there.

for the run dialog box background you need to add an image into wsb here in this location to fix that background problem :)

hunteds911
December 29th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Bah no matter what I do I still have the white crud in the run dialog. lol

razorsedge
December 29th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Bah no matter what I do I still have the white crud in the run dialog. lol

here is a more detailed explination of how to fix the run box :)

1. Remove the fillcolor:Color property from Explorer & Shell > Shell > TaskDialog > PrimaryPanel

2. Add new properties Explorer & Shell > Shell > TaskDialog > PrimaryPanel > Imagefile:Filename and select a 1px image with color you want to use, this will not show in the run box but it will be visible on other Task Dialog screens. (You can also use a very simple pattern image if you like and set the image to SizingType:Enum > tile

3. Change Explorer & Shell > Shell > TaskDialog > PrimaryPanel > BGTypeEnum:Borderfill to Explorer & Shell > Shell > TaskDialog > PrimaryPanel > BGTypeEnum:Imagefile

4. Now for the color around the text in the run box, change Fonts, Colors & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > BTNFace:Color, make this color the same as Explorer & Shell > Shell > TaskDialog > ContentPane >FillColor:Color

should have pasted those with the above pic sry thought I had already lol

hunteds911
December 29th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Thank you, I will try that and let you know. Once done I may post Dark agility for others provided the creator of it doesn't mind. :)

hunteds911
January 2nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
All fixed thank you for the help with all this. Would anyone like for me to post this modified version of Dark Agility Blue? I can post screenshots and what not. :) It is a pretty nice them That I like a lot. I used the Asus ROG Logo for my Start Orb because well I am using a G75VW laptop.

Big V
January 2nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Your more than welcome bud
If you would like to post that theme that would be fine, but first make sure you get permission from the original creator of the theme to do so and add credit to him in your post for the original work

hunteds911
January 2nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Will do and thanks again :)