PDA

View Full Version : Aero 8

Mr GRiM
December 29th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Aero 8

Aero 8 is for Windows 8 only and is an updated style from my default style, this theme can be used with the files posted with Equinox Beta 1 and is also best suited for use with StartIsBack to bring back the start menu, SiB is also the only start menu replacement that brings back fully customizable start menus.

The main goal for this theme is to make Windows 8 better for use with dark boarders and also making the inactive windows fully colored, the other goal was to update the Start menu to make it feel like part of Windows 8 as it was the only thing in the msstyles that had no development since Windows 7 and looked out of place in the new UI.

Sadly still no news about making the Window boarders transparent again, although at one point there seemed like there may be hope but it turns out that it may just be a hoax.

Update 18/01/2013

Added new version with light inactive Window borders instead of dark, download the Aero 8 v2 file, file includes both versions so if you already have the first one just add the new Aero 8 v2 files

Added reg file for Window Metrics (Not applied to custom Themes on Windows 8)

Aero Glass installer all in one for 32bit and 64bit OS, includes AGTweaker (ORelio) (Mod Tusticles)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=63493&d=1373128006

Dark Knight
December 29th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Nice work Grim, one question though ...... How are you changing the icons? are you doing it manually or does 7tsp work with 8? :nerd:

Mr GRiM
December 29th, 2012, 10:40 PM
No I had to do it the manual way, 7tsp isn't working right on Windows 8

Letícia®
December 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM
very beautiful my friend... thank you... I'm starting to get interested in windows 8:loving::D

Hellcat
December 30th, 2012, 06:57 PM
:flirt: fantastic work and theme thank you Mark :tu:

December 31st, 2012, 12:11 PM
beautiful, love this.. thanks Mr. Grim

HammerJack
January 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Nice start for a colored 8 style, thanks for the hard work and sharing..
And of course, sorry to hear about the lack of transparency.. Hopefully in time, right?

IceBabee
January 7th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Although I do not have Windows 8.......very nice work on this one my friend!:givahand:

derpss
January 17th, 2013, 04:19 PM
This theme is pretty good. Could you edit it to have the inactive window of a lighter color instead of darker? Because with this theme, if you make it all black, you cannot tell if a window is active or not just by glancing at it.

Mr GRiM
January 18th, 2013, 03:38 AM
This theme is pretty good. Could you edit it to have the inactive window of a lighter color instead of darker? Because with this theme, if you make it all black, you cannot tell if a window is active or not just by glancing at it.

Added the new version for you, first post is updated :smile:

YourNumbr1Fan
January 18th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Great work with this (these) Mark!----
I'm still using Win8 as my main squeeze, and enjoying it, but have to admit MS left a LOT to be desired in the ui and overall design.
Maybe 'Blue' will correct a few mistakes? Probably not.

I'm actually beginning to miss my Win7, and thinking about re-installing it, at least as a dual-boot option.

derpss
January 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Added the new version for you, first post is updated :smile:

Wow, thank you very much! This way it's perfect!
:loving:

Actually, you know what would make it worth 10 stars (it's 9.5\10 right now)? Lighter minimize and maximize icons (the ones next to the X). They are a bit too dark by default.

Mr GRiM
January 18th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Wow, thank you very much! This way it's perfect!
:loving:

Actually, you know what would make it worth 10 stars (it's 9.5\10 right now)? Lighter minimize and maximize icons (the ones next to the X). They are a bit too dark by default.

Yeah I agree, I will work on those for you when I get some spare time, will probably have it up tomorrow.

dskiller
January 19th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I know I been gone a while. been using windows 8 and been waiting for some time for good themes.

I started using this one as it make it easier to use dark colors and not have the white come blasting at me if the window isnt active.

thankyou

spy75
June 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM
merci tres beau travail

thank you very nice work

Please Post in English or Post English Translation S'il vous plaît écrire en anglais ou post English Translation

mrwirez
December 5th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Beautiful Theme.. Is this theme in working order for Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit? Actually are all themes marked Windows 8 ok for use on 8.1? Thanks.

poweredbyostx
December 21st, 2013, 05:25 PM
Very nice and cool theme,thank you on this.:Smile:

Panka
December 23rd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Hi, is there a way to fix the jumplist issue on win 8.1? thanks

Mr GRiM
December 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
If you use Start Is Back they work fine.

Jody Thornton
October 19th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Hello,
How do we download the files at the start of the thread? All I see is an php file that downloads.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Jody

joderiz
October 19th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Hello,
How do we download the files at the start of the thread? All I see is an php file that downloads.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Jody

HY, you have to click on the nternet Explorer tools wheel and add the site to comptibility view setting

Jody Thornton
October 21st, 2014, 12:41 AM
Thanks for your help. It ends up I used Pale Moon as a browser instead and that worked. LOL.... it messed up in IE 11 though.

Lincoln656
December 11th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Do i also need to download the 4 attachments? or I just download the installer and use it?
By the way when i try to apply the aero or change it or launch the app the color just change no aero effect.

pardon for my ignorance guys ^^ anyone there could teach me the steps for this great theme?