PDA

View Full Version : Android OS Theme making

Thach
January 5th, 2013, 03:37 AM
I am a huge android fan, love my droid razr, and love to root so i can customize it with roms and themes. There are so many amazing artists here on the site that make themes for windows and I was wondering if any of you do or have ever thought about making themes for android devices? I can only imagine the cool things you all would come up with so I just thought I would ask. If you do now make themes for the various launchers or roms, which ones are they? I would like to check them out.

razorsedge
January 5th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I am a huge android fan, love my droid razr, and love to root so i can customize it with roms and themes. There are so many amazing artists here on the site that make themes for windows and I was wondering if any of you do or have ever thought about making themes for android devices? I can only imagine the cool things you all would come up with so I just thought I would ask. If you do now make themes for the various launchers or roms, which ones are they? I would like to check them out.

Hi bud :)

Have to check into this here I know the request was made before about themeing mobile devices and I think we added a section for any works if I remember correct have to check and see if anything was done for it at all as thats more a users choice of themeing based on what devices you use personally will have a bit of a hunting session on the site see if I can find that section and post the link here :)

Thach
January 5th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks, I will have to look around too. I did a quick search on the site and it came up empty but thats as much as I did.

Big V
January 6th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I know we had discussed making a phone and mobil section and i think we did at one point but it never went anywhere and i believe it got removed because of lack of anyone posting anything to it. Sorry

Thach
January 9th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the replies and no need to be sorry lol. I will continue to love this place for the themes and help that it does provide. You guys all provide some amazing artwork and I personally think that a lot of people miss out on it which is a shame. Some guys have seen my desktop running some themes from here and asked about them so I send them this way and would gladly to the same with you guys since I know a few really great Android themers. I tinker here and there with photoshop but have never gotten into making themes for windows or the Android OS. I may here soon though.

razorsedge
January 9th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Thanks, I will have to look around too. I did a quick search on the site and it came up empty but thats as much as I did.

I know we had discussed making a phone and mobil section and i think we did at one point but it never went anywhere and i believe it got removed because of lack of anyone posting anything to it. Sorry

Hi Bud :)

Ya seems as Vern said above it got removed as due to lack of support, sry for my late reply here hockey lockout is over here so I have been quite crazy busy the last few days. If ppl start doing work for that and a section is needed I will be sure to add it back to the site :)

Thach
January 9th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Hi Bud :)

Ya seems as Vern said above it got removed as due to lack of support, sry for my late reply here hockey lockout is over here so I have been quite crazy busy the last few days. If ppl start doing work for that and a section is needed I will be sure to add it back to the site :)

The hockey lockout being over is the greatest news that I have heard in a while. I was going through some serious withdrawals without watching it. I have a recorded game from last year when the Buffalo Sabres played in Minnesota that i have watched countless times haha. If I do end up making anything for android, i'll be sure to let you guys know. Not sure how many Android device owners there are here, but there has to be a couple lol.

razorsedge
January 9th, 2013, 01:28 AM
The hockey lockout being over is the greatest news that I have heard in a while. I was going through some serious withdrawals without watching it. I have a recorded game from last year when the Buffalo Sabres played in Minnesota that i have watched countless times haha. If I do end up making anything for android, i'll be sure to let you guys know. Not sure how many Android device owners there are here, but there has to be a couple lol.

lol same for me bud lmao my business revolves around it I thought I was gonna cruise right into summer being not too busy and bam the lockout ends and things have exploded for me here I was at the shop for almost 15 hours today lmao things have just lit up like wild fire lol

Artanis
May 15th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Sucks nothing came of the topic, I would love to see somebody make some mobile themes. I've gone through a bunch of droid phones, and think it's a good platform for designers to delve into. I might take a crack at it myself. Hope to see this thread bumped in the future.

Vhen
August 27th, 2014, 11:30 PM
:superman: AMAZING