PDA

View Full Version : Black Folders

Stephanie
January 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Hi

Upon building a new rig (Core i7 3770K based - OS is Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1 Kernel Version 6.1.7601.17944) I would like to install black folders as I am not keen on the Windows yellow ones, so could someone please point me in the right direction in Virtual Customs, thank you :Smile:

Or maybe a theme ?

Big V
January 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
If you have never installed icons before i would recommend having a look in the 7tsp icon section
Razoredge has made several very complete icon pack in that section , I would recommend looking at his One Vision the Retribution 7tsp pack http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/40473-One-Vision-the-Retribution-7tsp-pack It's one of the most complete total OS packs on the site
You may also want to have a look around in that same general area for one of Mr GRiM icon pack they are excellent also
If you need any assistance in getting start have a look in our theme and extras tut section http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1005-Theme-Extras-Setup-Tutorials

Stephanie
January 11th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Thank you very much Big V, appreciate your help :Smile:

Stephanie
January 11th, 2013, 02:58 PM
:ashamed:Er looking at the tutorial I need a theme source patcher ? ... sorry

Big V
January 11th, 2013, 03:04 PM
If your going to apply a 7tsp pack yes you will need the program installed. it very simple to install and use http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28733-Tool-Se7en-Theme-Source-patcher-v0-3-Build-3003

If you are wanting to install a theme you will also need to have your system patched for 3rd party themes and theme resource changer installed for them to function correctly, both are found here http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/896-Theme-Patchers

Stephanie
January 11th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you Big V, not done anything like this before :ashamed:

Big V
January 11th, 2013, 03:22 PM
No problem that is what we are here for

Stephanie
January 12th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Er in 7tsp Mr GRiM Black Glass Icon Pack I can only find RES files not PNGs ?

Big V
January 12th, 2013, 06:05 AM
unfortunately those are for installing using 7tsp, you would need to open the res file with a resource program like restorator and extract the image as an .ico then convert it back to a png file

Stephanie
January 12th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Hi Big V, Oh so I downloaded the wrong folders, I will look for some PNG ones

Not doing so well with this :unhappy:

Stephanie
January 12th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Sorry for posting twice ... but I done it, got black folders now :happy:

IceBabee
January 13th, 2013, 03:04 AM
S.England....if you are looking for .png icons.........those are not for changing your system icons! Those are dock icons, which can be found at RocketDock. The themes here are not only totally awesome but very easy to install with the correct programs like BigV had told you! Most themes come with sytem icons for the theme built in, some you will need 7tsp to install....but again a very easy program to run! Hope this helps :)

Stephanie
January 13th, 2013, 05:30 AM
S.England....if you are looking for .png icons.........those are not for changing your system icons! Those are dock icons, which can be found at RocketDock. The themes here are not only totally awesome but very easy to install with the correct programs like BigV had told you! Most themes come with sytem icons for the theme built in, some you will need 7tsp to install....but again a very easy program to run! Hope this helps :)

Thank you IceBabee, If I was to install a theme do I need to uninstall RocketDoc and 7tsp_One_Vision_Iconpack_July2012 I have installed ? ... thank you for your time :Smile:

Big V
January 13th, 2013, 06:25 AM
No steph you do not need to uninstall icons or rocket dock as they are totally separate things from what a theme is.
The only time you need to uninstall icons is before adding a new pack of icons

Stephanie
January 13th, 2013, 06:44 AM
No steph you do not need to uninstall icons or rocket dock as they are totally separate things from what a theme is.
The only time you need to uninstall icons is before adding a new pack of icons

Oh I see, Thank you Big V :Smile:

IceBabee
January 15th, 2013, 05:52 AM
No........you can keep both, because RocketDock is a seperate program that puts a dock either on the top or bottom of your desktop.....and you put .png icons on that dock. 7tsp is a program for installing some themes sytem icon packs and extras that come with the themes! Enjoy and let me know or anyone on this site know if you need anything further. :)

Big V
January 15th, 2013, 06:13 AM

Actually icebabee we have a ton of dock icon in the custom icon section here on the site http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/784-Custom-Icons
But yes rocketdock has an excellent selection also on their site as well

Stephanie
January 15th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Thank you for the link Big V

IceBabee
January 17th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Sorry BigV.....I meant no disrespect to VC! Yes VC has awesome icons as well as wallpapers,Themes and etc! I love VC and the whole VC family......sorry again:f: