PDA

View Full Version : User Input & Feedback

8pecxstudios
January 20th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Hi Guys And Welcome

This Thread Is For Your Input & Feedback On The Cyberfox Project.

Here You Can Talk About Improvements, Feature's & Functions You Would Like And The Overall Shape Of The Cyberfox Project.

Here Users Have A Chance To Shape How Cyberfox Will Be In The Future, Like Improvements, Addons .ect

Your Input And Feedback Is Important To Me And I Welcome All Constructive Input And Feedback.

Thank You And I Look Forward To Hearing From YOU.

deviantdon
January 20th, 2013, 12:12 AM
WELL THIS IS COOL. I THINK SOME CUSTOM SKINS WOULD BE COOL,I WOULD DO BUT DONT KNOW HOW LOL. BUT I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT I LOVE IT AND THAT I HAVE HAD KNOW PROBLEMS AT ALL WITH THE NEW VERSION AND HAVE GIVEN IT AND INSTALLED IT ON ABOUT 25 MACHINES SO FAR. WITH NO COMPLAINANTS AT ALL.

January 20th, 2013, 12:38 AM
my suggestion is to stick to items under the hood. everyone has addons they do and don't like. personally i dislike getting a version of firefox that has addons installed already.

8pecxstudios
January 20th, 2013, 02:05 AM
my suggestion is to stick to items under the hood. everyone has addons they do and don't like. personally i dislike getting a version of firefox that has addons installed already.

Yeah Pre-installed Add-ons Probbally Not A Good Option At All I Myself Wouldn't Like It
Tho I Would Be Ok With A Theme

8pecxstudios
January 20th, 2013, 02:10 AM
WELL THIS IS COOL. I THINK SOME CUSTOM SKINS WOULD BE COOL,I WOULD DO BUT DONT KNOW HOW LOL. BUT I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT I LOVE IT AND THAT I HAVE HAD KNOW PROBLEMS AT ALL WITH THE NEW VERSION AND HAVE GIVEN IT AND INSTALLED IT ON ABOUT 25 MACHINES SO FAR. WITH NO COMPLAINANTS AT ALL.

Yeah Themes Are Not Easy Allot Of Work Also With Every Source Code Update Be That Mozilla Is Always Making Changes To The UI And API The Theme Would Have To Be Updated Regularly As Well.

Firefox Themes By Steva

Are The Top Rated And Most Popular And He Caters For All https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/5549109/

Im Currently Using FT EVO I Have Grown To Like His Light Theme ( First Light Theme Ive Uses lmao ) Tho I Have To Force Compatibility.

Ft DeepDark And 8 Ultimo Are His Most Popular.

DrTeeth
January 20th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Negative reviews of Cyberfox are being deleted. That says a lot about the integrity of the software and its author. It sucks big time that Cyberfox uses the Firefox profile. Pale Moon does it right. It uses its own profile and provides tools for users to copy their FF profile should they wish. Uninstalling Cyberfox caused several of my extensions having to be reinstalled too.

razorsedge
January 20th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Negative reviews of Cyberfox are being deleted. That says a lot about the integrity of the software and its author. It sucks big time that Cyberfox uses the Firefox profile. Pale Moon does it right. It uses its own profile and provides tools for users to copy their FF profile should they wish. Uninstalling Cyberfox caused several of my extensions having to be reinstalled too.

We are not biased here you are entitled to have your opinions of cyberfox good or bad when it comes to the support threads but that is within reason posts do not get deleted just because you did not like cyberfox but they will be and you will be removed from the site if you are here for the purposes of trolling and not here to offer proper suggestions or criticism of the project. If your just here to troll you will be removed, unlike other sites the project developer here responds to each suggestion or bug request personally and if fixes are needed has those done quickly. The support Toady offers even if it's just an individual issue that only effects one machine or effects everyone that uses cyberfox are dealt with in the same time frame weather it's 1 person or 100, can you say that about most browser creators and their support I think not.

If you had bothered to read the support pages here in regards to the profile for cyberfox you would have read that cyberfox was initially started with it's own profile on install but there were some issues with sign in's on a few sites such as facebook, hotmail, yahoo and a couple of others. So the profile was left as the standard firefox one on install, there are tutorials on this site for how to setup your profile on cyberfox as a separate one if you had bothered to read the support threads first instead of going on a bender about there being no tools to copy a profile.

With your addons you do realize that pale moon is based on an old firefox browser correct version 15 where as cyberfox is always based on the very newest version of firefox thats out that happens to be version 18.0.1 right now. So when you installed you do know that addons if you were using pale moon since it's an old version would have been asked to be updated correct considering you cannot use the old versions of the addons on the newest release of the firefox/cyberfox browser. So if you uninstalled the browser after since your using an old version now by going back to pale moon your addons are no longer viable on the older version u do know this right?

That is not a fault of cyberfox that is something you should bring up over at pale moons forums for being based on an older version of firefox and not the most current version.

IceBabee
January 20th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I haven't had any problems yet with it but, it is nice to know that I can say if I do.....thanx for all your hard work and your concern to make everyone happy if they are not!

8pecxstudios
January 21st, 2013, 12:48 AM

Hi Mate

Yes I removed Your Comment Due To It Been Abusive And Disrespectful And Baring No Meaning In The Form Of Constrictive Criticism Or Feedback About Cyberfox.

I Don't Know What I Have Done To Deserve Such Hateful Troll Comments, But I Will Not Put Up With Them Ether, If You Don't Like Cyberfox And Prefer The Other Browser It Does Not Give Your The Right To Post Such Comments As You Did.

As For The End part Of The Post You Made About The Add-ons Having to Be Re-installed Thats Due To Palemoon Been And Older Gecko Platform As For That Issue Please Take It Up With The Palemoon Developer.

For The Part Of Sharing Same Profile As Firefox I Can Make A Build That Uses A Full Standalone Profile If You Desire Such A Build But Sites Like ( hotmail, facebook, gmail, google just to name a few) Then Add-ons Will ether Not Function As Intended Or Not Work At All.
Mainly Due To Site Specific Coding That Targets Feature And Functions Based On The Browser, Scripts That Target IE,Chrome, Opera Or Firefox Don't Function As Intended Due To Been An Unreconisde Browser.
Some Add-ons Won't Work Unless Using The Default Firefox Profile Too.

For Browsers That Share The Same Profile As Firefox This Video Tutorial i Did Shows You Not Only How To Setup Browser Specific Profiles But to Also Be Able To Run Multiple Instances ( Cyebrfox, Firefox ) At The Same Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QF-kS1inN9M

As For A Utility To Manage And Back Up Profiles Yes Im Still Currently Design And Developing Such A Tool Also Am Trying To Add The Option To Pack Your Profile Into And Installer With Cyberfox In It. So For people Who Format There PC Or Making A Custom Personal OS.
They Can Just Run the Packed Installer, Then Run Cyberfox Straight Away With All There Bookmarks And Add-ons.

Im Also Sorry You Feel This Way About Cyberfox And Hope In Future You Can Conduct Yourself In A Constructive And Respectful Manner And Not Be So Abusive For No Reason At All.

Thank You

January 21st, 2013, 01:28 AM

if you had bothered to do a search of the forum i think you'd find that i have pushed the install and use of mozback at least 6 times. mozback will backup everything in whatever version of firefox, palemoon, cyberfox, etc.... you are running, so you loose nothging(plus there's also febe and cleo). so loosing addons is on you. as for a shared profile i personally prefer it, cause that way i don't have several different profiles floating around. i personally applaud toady for all the great and hard work he's put into bringing us cf, and i applaud razorsedge for all the hard work he does testing cf for us.